This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

CrossOver for free!

edited October 2008 in Technology
Read all about it.

The deal is only available tomorrow (Tuesday), so take advantage of this now!

Comments

• The deal is only available tomorrow (Tuesday), so take advantage of this now!
    You might want to think about that sentence..
  • The deal is only available tomorrow (Tuesday), so take advantage of this now!
    You might want to think about that sentence..
    No, because it works as of right now.
  • edited October 2008
    Then the first part is wrong. Nvm, yay, Crossover all round.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I was really hoping Cross Over Games was free. Oh well, I'll pick this up too.
  • I was really hoping Cross Over Games was free. Oh well, I'll pick this up too.
    Both Professional and Games are available for free. I got them both.
  • Is codeweavers down, or is it just me?
  • Is codeweavers down, or is it just me?
    It's down for me also.
  • What is cross over?
  • edited October 2008
    What is cross over?
    proprietary wine

(I just know someone's going to correct me)
    Post edited by flux on
  • edited October 2008
    Actually, It is using wine. It uses wine as part of the code, and they have added more to it like increasing usability and more compatibility (from what I heard). Additionally, they also contribute code back to wine, making everyone happy! :D

And fallstoofast, don't put a space between your quote and what you're going to type next, it spaces things out too much and makes your post look ugly.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • edited October 2008
    Actually, It is using wine. It uses wine as part of the code, and they have added more to it like increasing usability and more compatibility (from what I heard). Additionally, they also contribute code back to wine, making everyone happy! :D

And fallstoofast, don't put a space between your quote and what you're going to type next, it spaces things out too much and makes your post look ugly.
    Otaku Joe, what may you be talking about?
    Post edited by flux on
  • (I just know someone's going to correct me)

Sweet. If it works with Scansoft's Paperport and Microsoft Money, I can switch my whole house to linux! Yatta!
  • Sweet. If it works with Scansoft's Paperport and Microsoft Money, I can switch my whole house to linux! Yatta!
    Why not export those Microsoft Moneys into Gnucash?
  • My mom uses MS Money, and Gnucash is kinda ugly.
  • edited October 2008
    Hey, Microsoft® Office 2007™ works!
    No more doing school homework on Windows (my school uses the *.docx file format, which really sucks).

Post edited by flux on
  • Hey, ms office 2007 works :D :D
    no more doing school homework on windows (school uses docx, which really sucks)

[img]
    Uhm, there's office for mac by microsoft...

[img]
    Uhm, there'soffice for macby microsoft...
    Um, but no MS Office for Linux; which is what that screen shot is of.

[img]
    Uhm, there'soffice for macby microsoft...
    Um, but no MS Office for Linux; which is what that screen shot is of.
    Why yes, you are correct. I will pay closer attention next time.