This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Windows 7

12346»

Comments

• EDIT: Is it possible to move your user folder to another drive? The image has a lock on it and I can't seem to change it's location.
    Don't move the user folder itself. Move each of the sub-folders individually.
  • Most computer problems are caused by people trying to fight against the defaults. Ever since I stopped trying to heavily customize my computer, and just started going along with the defaults, everything has been awesome.
    Very true, I've stopped customizing my OS as well. Mostly I grew up and just didn't have the urge to make everything "my" way. I just want to computer to work these days, as long as it runs Chrome and plays video games I'm good to go.
  • I did that and tried copying my library to iTunes on the C:\ drive and it still wasn't working. I did that before when I used it on XP and it worked. I wonder why iTunes doesn't have an import library function. That would make things so much easier.

Regardless, I need to buy a new hard drive because I'm running out of space. I should have done this before installing Windows 7. Ah well, it really didn't take that long to do.
    Try this and if that doesn't work as your question at Super User.
  • Trythisand if that doesn't work as your question atSuper User.
    I'm pretty sure I did that before. Thanks for the information. I just need more space. -_- Damn podcasts taking up room.
  • Damn podcasts taking up room.
    Just delete all the old podcasts ~_^
  • Damn podcasts taking up room.
    Just delete all the old podcasts ~_^
    Yeah, I know. But, sometimes I like having them in case I want to listen to them again. ^_~
  • Yeah, I know. But, sometimes I like having them in case I want to listen to them again. ^_~
    #1 policy of Scott. Freely delete anything that can be re-downloaded.
  • Yeah, I know. But, sometimes I like having them in case I want to listen to them again. ^_~
    #1 policy of Scott. Freely delete anything that can be re-downloaded.
    I'll probably be doing that from now on. I just hope I my library will be saved when I reinstall everything again. I'll be copying my library and other files, just in case.
  • I'll probably be doing that from now on. I just hope I my library will be saved when I reinstall everything again. I'll be copying my library and other files, just in case.
    Just backup the music and video files themselves. Then you can import them into a new blank library.
  • Just backup the music and video files themselves. Then you can import them into a new blank library.
    Yeah, that's where I have a problem. Not all the music I have on my computer is in my iTunes library. I don't want certain things on my iPod. I can probaby just select only the songs I want to go onto my iPod, but I still need to organize many of those files with their idv3 tags with album art.
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah, that's where I have a problem. Not all the music I have on my computer is in my iTunes library. I don't want certain things on my iPod. I can probaby just select only the songs I want to go onto my iPod, but I still need to organize many of those files with their idv3 tags with album art.
    I keep the unorganized stuff in a separate folder. I actually recently got a better handle on the media collection by just deleting almost all of it. I only saved the totally weird and rare stuff that I would probably never be able to download again, like obscure Eurobeat albums.

Also, I manually drag and drop music onto my IPhone, and manually delete it from the iPhone.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • like obscure Eurobeat albums.
    Initial D soundtracks?
  • I keep the unorganized stuff in a separate folder
    Yeah, I should probably do that as well. I'm just lazy when it comes to that. I just need to set aside a day of organizing all my files. We'll see if that happens anytime soon. :P
  • like obscure Eurobeat albums.
    Initial D soundtracks?
    That is neither obscure nor hard to re-download.
  • Initial D soundtracks?
    I have those, but as Sonic pointed out, they are not obscure or hard to download. I'm talking more about things like Campus Summit 2000.
  • Just installed this on my new netbook and every piece of hardware worked by default.

Best...Vista...Service Pack...Ever...
  • Just installed this on my new netbook and every piece of hardware worked by default.

Best...Windows...Ever...
    Fixed.
  • I upgraded the video driver on my netbook and boosted it from a 2.0 to a 2.2 windows score!
  • I'm not sure when I will upgrade XP to some newer version. My parents haven't even made an effort to upgrade. I would, I just have no money. I feel perfectly fine with Ubuntu 9.10 (and XP) I don't know how my computer would do with Vista or 7. It would probably be just fine if I did a clean install. As it is it is kinda slow on Windows with two anti-virus software running at once, as well as a bunch of other stuff. A fresh install would do just nicely I think.
  • As it is it is kinda slow on Windows with two anti-virus software running at once, as well as a bunch of other stuff.
    2? Are you stupid or just crazy?

Anti-virus software...what a fucking scam. Those days are long behind me.
  • Actually, Microsoft Security Essentials is a pretty good Free AV solution. I have it running on all my machines.
    Best...Vista...Service Pack...Ever...
    Fixed.
    It's not Win2k. Reverted to original.
    Best...Windows...Ever...
    Fixed.
    It's not Win2k. Reverted to original.
    Much better than Win2k, and this is from a guy who's favorite OS-tan is Win2k. Reverted to fixed edition.
  • Actually, Microsoft Security Essentials is a pretty good Free AV solution. I have it running on all my machines.
    This is a bit old, but it does demonstrate just how costly AV software is for your computer performance.
  • I have all the Windows security stuff turned on in Windows 7, even the Security Essentials. The reason for this, however, is that I've currently got the computer connected directly to the cable modem. When I get the router setup I'll be able to turn most of that shit off.
  • edited November 2009
    OK everyone I have a Windows 7 upgrade trick. If you have a Vista disc, you can install Vista without a product key for 30 days. Do that and then immediately install the Windows 7 upgrade, I did a full format with the installation program. The setup only seems to check if you have Windows installed and not if it's actually activated. My 7 home premium activated just fine. All my computers are now 7 or FreeBSD. ^_^
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I own Windows 7 also, and I like it for what I do with it. I mostly watch anime and word process and play ROMs. It looks pretty and I like that I can pin the programs to the taskbar. I don't have any windows security stuff turned on because I'm under a router.

I installed windows 7 way back when it was in its open-beta stage, before the RC and it was still pretty good. I was lucky that most of my stuff was compatible with it, even my laptop's wi-fi card.

But anyway, I tried Vista once and it was okay, but Vista's UAC really annoyed me, and Windows 7 doesn't.