This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Polio spreading thanks to anti-vaccination crowd

2»

Comments

• More news from the Vaccination front: Apparently Andrew Wakefield, the asshole who started all of the Vaccination scare with an article where he falsely linked autism to the MMR vaccination, manipulated his data.
    Maybe it's spreading because it's so darned cute?
  • edited February 2009
    While what Andrew Wakefield did by manipulating his data and creating this anti-vaccination movement (at least in force) was terrible and stupid, what's worse is that people were so gullible and easily scared by something that doesn't even make sense. Not only that but they decide that they're children would be better off without vaccinations despite the fact that the vaccination in question was against measles, mumps and rubella, none of which attack brain tissue directly. If someone tried to tell me by giving a child this they'd become autistic I'd tell them they're a complete and utter quack

Edit: Fixed the post so it actually makes sense now, sorry if anyone was confused I wrote it after just waking up
    Post edited by Irascible on
  • It would be wrong, but somewhat justified if schools that accepted the non-vaccinated kids made them wear bio-hazard suits while on school grounds.
  • It would be wrong, but somewhat justified if schools that accepted the non-vaccinated kids made them wear bio-hazard suits while on school grounds.
    Much more easily than that, we just make vaccinations mandatory. We have birth certificates and we have vaccination records from doctors. If they don't match up, then the police just come with a nurse and physically force the vaccines upon your kids if you are not complicit.

Police holding you down for an injection is no more or less Orwellian than forcing kids to wear bio-hazard suits. It's also cheaper, and takes a lot less time and effort. You can either have one horrible day where the police come and hold you down, or you can have 180+ horrible days of school.
  • Also, just had an idea.

The vaccine ninja. He sneaks in and gives vaccines at night when kids are sleeping. Nobody ever knows.
  • Notice I started my statement with "IT WOULD BE WRONG..."
  • edited February 2009
    Notice I started my statement with "IT WOULD BE WRONG..."
    Only in a moral sense.

I'm just troubled by the amount of law suits that are going to happen as, even if almost all of them fail, the crazies will hold up the one that goes through on a technicality as some kind of undeniable proof of the cause and spread more lies.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Well, provided YOU have a vaccination, and someone else doesn't and they catch polio...what do you care? Darwinism right there... I mean, yeah, it's the parent's fault, not the kids. But intelligence is at least somewhat hereditary.
  • edited February 2009
    Well, provided YOU have a vaccination, and someone else doesn't and they catch polio...what do you care? Darwinism right there... I mean, yeah, it's the parent's fault, not the kids. But intelligence is at least somewhat hereditary.
    It's a problem because herd immunity can break down if enough idiots aren't willing to become immune.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited February 2009
    Well, provided YOU have a vaccination, and someone else doesn't and they catch polio...what do you care? Darwinism right there... I mean, yeah, it's the parent's fault, not the kids. But intelligence is at least somewhat hereditary.
    Some vaccines don't work on some people so unvaccinated kids can pass along the disease to someone who got vaccinated but the vaccine didn't take effect. See: Herd Immunity.
    Post edited by Omnutia on