This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Election!

14567810»

Comments

• They should have hired better voice actors.
  • They should have hired better voice actors.
    That's funny if you're being ironic.
  • I know that Matt Stone and Trey Parker voice the majority of the cast, but in the episode, Obama doesn't sound anything like Obama or anywhere remotely "black". Then again, there is the disclaimer at the beginning of every episode. Nonetheless, it recently became somewhat annoying to me that after 12 years the majority of one time bit characters, like news anchors, government agents, etc., still sound almost completely identical to each other when comparing episodes to each other. At least they got Palin right, but I don't think she is hard to imitate.

However, it's a testament to South Park that they can portray the Obama victory in animation less than 24 hours after it happened.

• However, it's a testament to South Park that they can portray the Obama victory in animation less than 24 hours after it happened.
    Do you listen to the DVD commentaries? They usually come up with the idea for the show less than 24 hours in advance.

• However, it's a testament to South Park that they can portray the Obama victory in animation less than 24 hours after it happened.
    Do you listen to the DVD commentaries? They usually come up with the idea for the show less than 24 hours in advance.
    So that's it. The roommates and I were like, "How did they do it so fast?!" D: Either way that episode was amazing.

Yes Scott. I am aware of that. They also had full-bearded Saddam Hussein in the show I believe less than 48 hours after his capture. However, it is still remarkable for how quick they work.
  • However, it is still remarkable for how quick they work.
    It's an example of how all business could be done with proper application of technology. They don't work fast. Everyone else is slow.
  • They don't work fast. Everyone else is slow.
    Oh yes! Miyazaki should make his movies in a day. They will all be shaky CG paper cut out style, but it would be Oh So Fast!

There has always been animation that is done quickly. My teacher used to do spots for SNL, he'd have a few days to get a few minutes of animation done. As a result the animation is very limited.

Quality, Speed, and Low Cost. You can only have 2.
  • Nonetheless, it recently became somewhat annoying to me that after 12 years the majority of one time bit characters, like news anchors, government agents, etc., still sound almost completely identical to each other when comparing episodes to each other.
    Yeah. I hate how the show is all cartoony instead of photorealistic, too. It's like, all that 2D animation makes them all look like each other, you know? Why can't they get some portrait artists in there so I don't have to suspend my disbelief so much? :D
  • Quality, Speed, and Low Cost. You can only have 2.
    It is true everywhere, but better technology changes the ratios.
  • It is true everywhere, but better technology changes the ratios.
    Still, no amount of technology is ever going to get you 20 minutes of good animation in 24 hours.
  • Still, no amount of technology is ever going to get you 20 minutes of good animation in 24 hours.
    Never say never. One day we will have technology that can read images from your mind and put them on a screen. You'll be able to animate as quickly as you can imagine.
  • Still, no amount of technology is ever going to get you 20 minutes of good animation in 24 hours.
    Never say never. One day we will have technology that can read images from your mind and put them on a screen. You'll be able to animate as quickly as you can imagine.
    Like the dream recorder from Final Fantasy: Spirits Within?
  • Like the dream recorder from Final Fantasy: Spirits Within?
    Like the holophoner.
  • Never say never. One day we will have technology that can read images from your mind and put them on a screen. You'll be able to animate as quickly as you can imagine.
    I was actually going to go back and edit that, to say that I shouldn't say never, and 640k should be enough for everybody.

Your hypothesis is exciting -- I really hope something like that happens. Still, I doubt it'd be as quick as you think it would be. I don't think the brain really visualizes things quite that way. You'd probably still need to think the lines down individually.
    Like the holophoner.
    But the Holophoner took skill, specifically, robot devil hands skill.
    Like the holophoner.
    Or intestinal Parasites.
    Like the holophoner.
    Or intestinal Parasites.
    Or internal parasites that make you stronger, smarter and build a city in your colon.
    Like the holophoner.
    Or intestinal Parasites.
    Or internal parasites that make you stronger, smarter and build a city in your colon.
    Or who do jazzercize and fencing.
    Like the holophoner.
    Or intestinal Parasites.
    Or who fear the pelvic splanchnic ganglion.
    You're not in a cult that worships the singularity are you? I had a teacher in film school that talked about "projected mind-movies" all the time. He insisted they'd destroy the film industry.

P.S. How much awful fanfiction-esque crap would result from this technology?
    Like the holophoner.
    Or intestinal Parasites.
    Or who fear the pelvic splanchnic ganglion.
    Or who's origin was salad based.