This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Election!

Comments

• Anyone want to get on Skype/Ventrilo?
  • Skype me: lukeburrage if the chat happens. Thanks!
  • I won't be able to chat until around 9:00 EST.
  • Skype me: lukeburrage if the chat happens. Thanks!
    Count me in too.

eric-the-blue
  • My state has been rounded off to Obama.

• Also, everyone talk about what kind of machine you voted with.
  • Mine was electronic with some buttons, pretty easy.
  • Mine was a touch screen. Insert card, touch each box, write in allowed if you touch the blank section below the names that appear.
  • Paper absentee ballot.
  • Touch-screen. Total time from entering the building to leaving: 8 minutes.
  • So did anyone have to deal with the crazy lines we've been hearing about? I got there before the polls opened, so it wasn't bad at all, but there's all these reports of 5 hour waits and whatnot.
  • So did anyone have to deal with the crazy lines we've been hearing about? I got there before the polls opened, so it wasn't bad at all, but there's all these reports of 5 hour waits and whatnot.
    I think that's only in the places with typically low voter turn out. Here in the suburbs there wasn't too much of a wait.
  • MSNBC just called Ohio for Obama. If you count solid-blue states in the West, that puts Obama at 278 electoral counts.
  • MSNBC just called Ohio for Obama. If you count solid-blue states in the West, that puts Obama at 278 electoral counts.
    CNN just now called it too.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My vote counted.
  • The way things are going we decided to make schadenfreude pie. Take that red!
  • It's OVER
    The "real Americans" win!
  • edited November 2008
    I just hope the Democrat's don't get 60 seats in the US Senate.
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • NBC's calling it for Obama. w00t.
  • GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!
  • All of the major media outlets, including Fox News, are giving the election to Obama.

Let's just hope the democrats don't get filibuster override power.
  • BBC calling it for Obama.
  • I can't wait to hear those words of concession wrangled from McCain's mouth. "My friends..."
  • Suck it, republicans.
  • Man, the battleground states didn't even matter. Dude's just gonna take Florida for style.
  • edited November 2008
    Man, the battleground states didn't even matter. Dude's just gonna take Florida forstyle.
    And possibly North Carolina. There's only a 2,900-vote gap. He's also gained a respectable 1-point lead as the final ballots are counted in Indiana.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Virginia, fuck yeah. Warner and Obama.
  • CNN calling it for Obama!
  • McCain concession speech in T-minus 2 minutes.