This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Election!

Comments

• Victory is sweet. It's a shame that all of the bigots in my dorm are ruining my fun.
    How so?
    The racist people in my dorm are coming in and yelling at me as I sit on my bed and smile.
  • Congratulations, America. This Australian is very proud of you.

Yes you can!
  • edited November 2008
    Victory is sweet. It's a shame that all of the bigots in my dorm are ruining my fun.
    How so?
    The racist people in my dorm are coming in and yelling at me as I sit on my bed and smile.
    Just keep smiling, buddy. Nobody can take your happiness away from you.
    Post edited by Pseudocidal on
  • I did not think I would ever hear a speech like that outside of the West Wing.
    BartlettBarack for America.
    Let Obama be Obama
  • Toby is Joe and I call Sam.
  • I'll take Josh, he is the superior senior staffer.
  • I feel a great disturbance in the Farce, as if millions of comedians suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced... No more McCain, Palin, Bush, or Cheney to make fun of anymore... How will SNL survive?
  • Sorry, I fixed it!

• Let me just be the last to say:

HELL YES

I have more confidence in American voters today than I ever have. Thank you all for making this happen.
  • FUCK YEAH
    Victory is sweet. It's a shame that all of the bigots in my dorm are ruining my fun.
    How so?
    Just keep telling yourself, one day they'll catch up with the rest of us.

What a speech. You guys are saying it's out of West Wing, it'll be in the history books ... did you notice everyone cheered at McCain's name, vs. the booing at the McCain rally? And did you notice that in one well-placed sentence, Obama took his speech from a national level of importance to an international level of importance? The guy is a hell of a speaker ... finally, someone with eloquence in the White House.
  • America....
    FUCK YEAH
  • How nice will it be to not have to pretend to be Canadian when traveling abroad?
  • It really is great to have someone I can not be embarrassed by to be the president of my country. I'm also not pleased at seeing the gay marriage ban pass.
    • Grant Park was fucking awesome. For the rest of my life I am going to remember the moment when CNN called the election for Obama - incredible.
    • Although I wasn't close enough to see Obama, sadly, I could hear him, simply incredible. God, it's so amazing to think that this guy is going to be the damn president. I am going to admit, I choked up a little during his speech. What a historic election and historic speech.
    • As ananth pointed out, the Obama rally vs. McCain rally difference was... amusing. The Obama rally clapped at the end of McCain's speech and when McCain was mentioned during Obama's speech. McCain's crowd booed Obama. McCain was super, super classy, though, and I regained a lot of respect for him.
    • Also fuck you california for passing prop. 8, god you guys are dumbasses sometimes
  • edited November 2008
    With this much difference, will anyone bother recounting?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Also fuck you california for passing prop. 8, god you guys are dumbasses sometimes
    Damn.
  • edited November 2008
    Also fuck you california for passing prop. 8, god you guys are dumbasses sometimes
    Damn.
    *sigh* For a state that's supposed to be so progressive, wtf?
    But at least we get our high speed rail system, right?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    Damn.
    *sigh* For a state that's supposed to be so progressive, wtf?
    But at least we get our high speed rail system, right?
    I know, we get trains! And we can get to LA from SF really fast! So... whoo!
  • edited November 2008
    The thing is, what California now needs is a high speed rail system to another state that failed less.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I propose Washington state; specifically, Seattle. Cheap fare to PAX anyone?
  • Although I wasn't close enough to see Obama, sadly, I could hear him
    That didn't come over quite the way you might have intended it to.

Still, congrats, not only for what I think of as the better candidate, but also for a voter turnout well above 60%.
  • He may have claimed one but he was never given one. 2000 was tainted by Florida and 2004 was not reported as deserving of a mandate. Obama has to do better than Bush did in 2004 to claim a mandate. Anything less will be questioned due to the way Bush was treated after he defeated Kerry.
    In case you can't count, he DID do better than GWB did in 2004.

Face it. You lost. Americans are no longer buying what you're selling.
    Listen up dumb-ass. I never said he doesn't have a mandate I simply said he has to do better than Bush to claim one. If if he doesn't do better than Bush (he already has) than his "mandate" will be questioned.

It's liberal assholes like you that give the rest of us a bad name. You need to just shut the fuck up and get of the Internet. If you are going to stick around stop trying to infer things in people's posts that are not there. Just becomes someone questions something does not mean they are against it.
  • edited November 2008
    He may have claimed one but he was never given one. 2000 was tainted by Florida and 2004 was not reported as deserving of a mandate. Obama has to do better than Bush did in 2004 to claim a mandate. Anything less will be questioned due to the way Bush was treated after he defeated Kerry.
    In case you can't count, he DID do better than GWB did in 2004.

Face it. You lost. Americans are no longer buying what you're selling.
    Listen up dumb-ass. I never said he doesn't have a mandate I simply said he has to do better than Bush to claim one. If if he doesn't do better than Bush (he already has) than his "mandate" will be questioned.

It's liberal assholes like you that give the rest of us a bad name. You need to just shut the fuck up and get of the Internet. If you are going to stick around stop trying to infer things in people's posts that are not there. Just becomes someone questions something does not mean they are against it.
    Ooooooh. It must hurt that you were so wrong.

If you're worried about people inferring the wrong things from what you write, maybe you should learn to write more clearly.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Listen up dumb-ass. I never said he doesn't have a mandate I simply said he has to do better than Bush to claim one. If if he doesn't do better than Bush (he already has) than his "mandate" will be questioned.

One conservative to another, it's over man. No sense lashing out at them now, they're untouchable right now. Bide your time...
  • edited November 2008
    Oh snap. Obama! How am I going to go about my day? The world is a glowing ball of glee. This man gives me faith in my country again. Yes, we can, and yes, we did! Ahhhh!!
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • edited November 2008
    Oh snap. Obama! How am I going to go about my day? The world is a glowing ball of glee. This man gives me faith in my country again. Yes, we can, and yes, we did! Ahhhh!!
    QFT
    It isn't just Obama. Did you see the Democratic gain in the Senate and the House?! ^_^
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited November 2008
    Being that I live in a fairly conservative part of PA, I think it's going to be a minefield of people I'll have to try and not break into a happy dance in front of for fear of being shot.

Though on second thought the poll I watched was the most conservative part of Hatboro and Obama clearly defeated McCain. We had nearly 70% turn out.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • YEAH!!!!!!

I'm going to smile whenever all the McCain supporters at my school (80%) complain. Hehe.
  • Oh my, I seemed to have dropped something.