This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• My boyfriend and I have recently discovered my kitten is in heat. -_-

Thank goodness the other cat is 6 years old and has been neutered and doesn't want to have anything to do with Digit. As for the local tomcats, ugh. To top that off, she's not scheduled to be spayed until the beginning of February. This will be an interesting month.
  • @RO: Be careful letting them outside. Mainly because of FHIV and Cars and leukemia. I lost kitties from these sad events. Gluck with her being in heat!!

Here's a fail from the past that I saw today:
  • My boyfriend and I have recently discovered my kitten is in heat. -_-

Thank goodness the other cat is 6 years old and has been neutered and doesn't want to have anything to do with Digit. As for the local tomcats, ugh. To top that off, she's not scheduled to be spayed until the beginning of February. This will be an interesting month.
    Digit is such a cute name for a cat! ^_^
  • @RO: Be careful letting them outside. Mainly because of FHIV and Cars and leukemia. I lost kitties from these sad events. Gluck with her being in heat!!
    She's an indoor cat. We won't let her out at all unless we are with her, holding her. Digit has already had several vaccinations and is due for boosters this weekend. I am enrolled in a sort of pet insurance thing that takes care of that sort of thing.
    Digit is such a cute name for a cat! ^_^
    Yeah. It just seemed to fit. We call her Diggy or Didgeridoo for a nickname, even though she has the most pathetic sad little meow in the world.
  • edited January 2009
    I take exquisitely good care of my assorted gadgets, so usually any problems they have are superficial and more or less unnoticeable. However, over vacation my DS Lite's hinge finally gave into the massive amount of use I've put it under (commutes, plane rides, bored days, pre-preview ads at the movies, etc.) and cracked. I just called Nintendo. The cordial customer service rep told me that it'd be $57 to fix my hinge, and that warranty no longer covered the hinge issue.

57 dollars. Fuck.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • If you're confident you could buy a replacement case (get one of the Nintendo official ones, the others can be quite weak.), a tri-wing screwdriver and do it yourself.
  • If you're confident you could buy a replacement case (get one of the Nintendo official ones, the others can be quite weak.), a tri-wing screwdriver and do it yourself.
    I was going to, but it turns out that it requires a decent bit of soldering in a tight space, so I don't want to push my luck.
  • edited January 2009
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Had a new game arrive (though it's not new, it's an older title for the Playstation) called Grandia and I was ready to play it, but there was a problem: It did not have the right discs. While it had disc 2, it did not have disc one; what it had was Grandia Xtreme for the PS2. I'm willing to say that this was a mistake and contacted the seller so he can send me disc 1, assuming he actually has it.

In the meantime, I guess I'll play Grandia Xtreme.
  • The heating in my house has been broken for over two weeks. I'm about half a hair away from renting out my room as storage space for a server farm just to get some form of heating.
  • edited January 2009
    When transcoding files, don't move the source directory.
  • Okay, mine has a story behind it. Last night, my friends and I went and saw Gran Torino (it was a great movie and everyone should go see it). Around when the movie started, I began to feel a headache coming on and I used to get migraines constantly when I was in fourth grade, so headaches are no laughing matter for me. So after the movie, I told my friends that I had a headache, but that I still wanted to go to Taco Bell with them because I was rather hungry. This is when my fail begins. At Taco Bell I got a plate of nachos that are served to you inside what amounts to a giant nacho, it's made of pure win. Half way through eating my nacho inside a nacho, I got very full and started to feel nauseous.
    So we had to take my friend's car back to the Freshman parking lot, then take a bus back from the lot to our dorm, this is where things went horribly wrong. On the bus ride back, I threw up on my hands, Legend of Zelda track jacket, pants, the box my food was in, my cup of Baha Blast Mountain Dew (the real reason one goes to Taco Bell), the floor, and some girl's Uggs. The funny thing about this experience is that the pool of vomit on the floor was in the shape of Albion, complete with the islands surrounding it. I don't know if that is a skill, or if it was just lucky, but it was kind of cool. So, the girl who's stupid shoes I threw up on asked me for my name and number as so that I could pay for the cleaning of her ugly shoes because you can't clean them yourself like a real shoe. (If you haven't noticed, I have a real problem with Uggs. They look like the bastard love child of moccasins and boots who has down syndrome, and the name is almost correct (they shouldn't have stopped at the double-g and called them Uggly.)
    So because I felt horrible about throwing up in the first place, I begrudgingly obliged. After I got back into my dorm, I proceeded to take some Motrin, throw up again and get some sick sleep.
    When I woke up this morning, I found that classes for cancelled due to some horrible winter storm that hit us last night (I go to school in North Carolina, so this horrible storm looks like 1-2 inches of snow on the grass and some ice on the roads) and that there was a text message waiting for me on my phone. It was, of course, the girl who I unfortunately threw up on. She wants me to pay $50 to clean her shoes because they got water damage from trying to wash them (aren't the point of boots to keep your feet dry and warm in the snow?). She said that If I didn't pay, she would take this to a higher authority. Could she take it to the police if I didn't pay?
  • Could she take it to the police if I didn't pay?
    she could, but I think the police would not be interested. At all, (then again, I'm not an american law profesional). If you feel bad, make a compromise. Pay half, or something along those lines

Also, throwing up is not that fun. Throwing up in public, however, is really bad.
  • Well if it was here who caused the water damage, you should only be liable for the cost of cleaning, had she cleaned them properly.
  • Well if it was here who caused the water damage, you should only be liable for the cost of cleaning, had she cleaned them properly.
    Gotta go with Omnutia here, if you offered to pay for the cleaning, it was for the damage you caused, not for her incompetence at attempting to clean them herself. Who the fuck wears boots that can be damaged by water if there is snow outside?
  • Who the fuck wears boots that can be damaged by water if there is snow outside?
  • According to Netlog, Its been 476 months since I checked if anyone on my IM lists have a Netlog account. I was utterly astounded, because that's LONGER THAN I'VE BEEN ALIVE.
  • edited January 2009
    Churba? Is that you? We haven't seen you since 2009. You said you were going to look in the freezer and we never heard from you again..
  • Oh shit, not again.
  • edited January 2009
    When the fate of humanity rests on whether or not I can diffuse a bomb that will destroy the earth, don't even let me try.
  • My Rock Band bass pedal broke.
  • edited January 2009
    My roommate is taking up rapping...

...we're both lanky white kids studying at NYU...
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • My roommate is taking up rapping...
    I missed the second "p" the first time...
    I missed the second "p" the first time...
    Can your friend do 10 raps a second?

...we're both lanky white kids studying at NYU...
    Nothing wrong with that. I would only consider it to be a fail if he sucks.
  • edited January 2009
    My Rock Band bass pedal broke.
    Unless it's the Rock Band 2 bass pedal I am not surprised. I'm currently trampling down my fifth and I got the game in May of 2008.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Unless it's the Rock Band 2 bass pedal I am not surprised. I'm currently trampling down my fifth and I got the game in May of 2008.
    I am definitely thinking about getting a metal pedal, bonus points if it is actually "metal."
  • I'm pretty sure someone followed me into work today. I work at the end of a long drive on a private campus. I noticed 2 cars behind me, the third car being one of my coworkers.

As I turned into the parking lot and parked my car, I got out getting my bags, I noticed the car pulled into the same lot and then sped off out of the lot and back to where we came from. At first I didn't think of anything, then I thought it was really weird that someone would drive 2 miles down a 25mph drive to just go into a parking lot to turn around. They could have turned around a lot earlier as well.

As my coworker gets out of his car I ask him, "Was that car following me?" He replies, "I think so."

I didn't get the license plate number, nor did I recognize anything about the car.

I'm honestly creeped out.

I tell my other coworkers and they ask me if I cut-off anyone today on my commute. I reply no. My commute was actually nice today. Didn't have to pass people as much.

This is going to bug me all day long.