This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Boo fucking hoo
  • It's alright, everyone else dies alone also.
  • I've had a great day, made all the better by being single while knowing that there are coupled people the world over who feel uncomfortably obligated to spend time with their other.
  • I've had a great day, made all the better by being single while knowing that there are coupled people the world over who feel uncomfortably obligated to spend time with their other.
    That's a great mindset. I think I'll borrow it.
  • Boo fucking hoo
    I know, I'm not really that upset about it, I just felt like quoting that, since I generally dislike this holiday anyways.
  • edited February 2010
    This should probably be in the "Boo yah!" thread, but since it's topical here, let me just say that I have an awesome girlfriend who doesn't give a shit about valentine's day, or anniversaries (actually, we don't even know exactly when our anniversary is) or any of that bullshit. We never give each other gifts unless and when we want to!
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • This should probably be in the "Boo yah!" thread, but since it's topical here, let me just say that I have an awesome girlfriend who doesn't give a shit about valentine's day, or anniversaries (actually, we don't even know exactly when our anniversary is) or any of that bullshit. We never give each other gifts unless and when we want to!
    Ditto that.
  • I have to work while my beloved languishes in agony at home with a back injury.
  • Appearantly everyone running Utah is a fucking moron.
    They just passed a law that required doctors to show mothers the heartbeats of their fetus at three weeks in a veiled attempt to guilt women out of abortions.
    Think about that for a second. Three week old fetus...heartbeat... If you don't see something egregious in there, let me give a hint: A 3 WEEK OLD FETUS HAS NO HEART.

Here's my favorite bit:
    Before HB200 cleared the chamber in a 53-15 vote, Minority Leader David Litvack, D-Salt Lake City, unsuccessfully attempted to amend the bill to delete language he believed to be flat-out false, referring to viewing the heartbeat of a fetus at three weeks.

"It is not medically accurate," Litvack said. "It's not possible. It does not exist."

Litvack read from a physician's e-mail that said you could expect to see embryonic cardiac activity at about six weeks from the woman's last period.

Rep. Carl Wimmer, the bill's sponsor, disputed Litvack's claim.

"There are arguments on both sides of the issue," Wimmer, R-Herriman, said.
    WHAT. THE. FUCK. Yes, you mentally retarded gibbon, you are technically correct, there is an argument on your side. An argument that is so devoid of any scientific fact that a kindergarten class made up entirely of kids with ADHD could have come up with a better argument. Jesus galloping christ.
  • Jesus galloping christ.
    Please don't take his Pony-ness' name in vain, it offends me.
    They just passed a law that required doctors to show mothers the heartbeats of their fetus at three weeks in a veiled attempt to guilt women out of abortions.
    Think about that for a second. Three week old fetus...heartbeat... If you don't see something egregious in there, let me give a hint: A 3 WEEK OLD FETUS HAS NO HEART.

Here's my favorite bit:
    Before HB200 cleared the chamber in a 53-15 vote, Minority Leader David Litvack, D-Salt Lake City, unsuccessfully attempted to amend the bill to delete language he believed to be flat-out false, referring to viewing the heartbeat of a fetus at three weeks.

"It is not medically accurate," Litvack said. "It's not possible. It does not exist."

Litvack read from a physician's e-mail that said you could expect to see embryonic cardiac activity at about six weeks from the woman's last period.

Rep. Carl Wimmer, the bill's sponsor, disputed Litvack's claim.

"There are arguments on both sides of the issue," Wimmer, R-Herriman, said.
    WHAT. THE. FUCK. Yes, you mentally retarded gibbon, you are technically correct, there is an argument on your side. An argument that issodevoid of any scientific fact that a kindergarten class made up entirely of kids with ADHD could have come up with a better argument. Jesus galloping christ.I'm sorry I only have one vote!
    Oh, and here I thought you were referring to Utah considering the removal of grade 12 to save $700m. Never mind that it will stunt all of Utah's children in regards to the rest of the nation's, and make college a living hell.
  • NS can't find any servers when I search. This is using Crossover games on my macbook. It looks great, but I can only play on a local server.
  • NS can't find any servers when I search. This is using Crossover games on my macbook. It looks great, but I can only play on a local server.
    This happened to me too! But I'm running it under Steam/Windows. I've been searching the interwebs and the NS forums, but to no avail.
  • edited February 2010
    While looking for the Mac + Natural Selection fix for Luke, I came across the following:
    All I can say is, good luck with that, kid.

@Luke: Did you install Crossover Office or Crossover Games?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • It's fucking snowing again.
  • @Luke: Did you install Crossover Office or Crossover Games?
    Crossover games. Half Life runs perfectly. NS too, except for the annoying "not seeing any servers" problem. Battlefield 2 runs, sees servers, but then boots me out of games because some kind of anti-cheating bullshit doesn't like my system.
    edited February 2010
    Here's my favorite bit:
    RAGE FUEL
    I HAVE BECOME A FOUNTAIN OF FROTH. THANK YOU. DIRECT ME TO AFRICA SO I CAN TURN THE SAHARA INTO THE DENSEST FOREST ON THE PLANET.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited February 2010
    Here's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine: I really like Baseball-fiction from Japan and recently watched quite a lot of it including Major, Cross Game and the Rookies drama series.

Well, Cross Game ended this week and I'm a bit pissed off about it because Adachi skipped the Koshien again! I read three manga by Adachi in full now, mostly because I came across Cross Game and I liked it very much. The series I read besides CG are Touch and Katsu and CG and Touch pretty much ends in the exact same way, except Touch goes in a bit more detail and at least shows the end result of what they accomplish at Koshien. Katsu is a bit different since it is about Boxing rather than Baseball. However, the similarities between all his series are way too glaring. He pretty much uses the exact same characters with the same character design only in different compositions and it's all about the boy and the girl who constantly annoy each other but are of course in love with each other without either realizing it.

So why did I read multiple of his manga? Because they are still quite entertaining and amusing and make you laugh multiple times, but I really wonder why he pretty much repeats himself so often when he could just continue one series into another stage, e.g. the actual Koshien tournament? Yes it is somewhat understandable to not have a series run into eternity, but it would still be interesting and since he isn't doing anything else with another series, why not actually show the Koshien tournament for once?

Adachi is good for some entertainment, maybe a chapter a day or so since they are really not taking that long to read, but not really worth more than one series. Which series to pick? Cross Game.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I've been watching the Cross Game anime; it's quite good.
  • edited February 2010
    They are getting back to nature by dressing in costumes that make them look like imaginary characters, "planting" fake flowers, hanging tissue paper on trees and shooting at plastic mannequins?! These people can vote. THESE PEOPLE CAN VOTE!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Well I was watching Ninja Resurrection with some friends, which is a fail in of itself, until my mom walked into the main bad guy controlling his daughter by cutting off his finger and sticking it in what I can only assume was her vagina. Now I can never defend anime with her ever again. (PS fuck you Ninja Resurrection)
  • I'm sorry I only have one vote!
    One Vote. Many Bullets.
  • edited February 2010
    The Sweater Bathing Suit

That woman looks like she is 5 seconds away from moaning "Braaaaaaains!"
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • nah, she would be more likely to moan "cocaaaaaaineeeee!"
  • A migraine out of nowhere hijacked an hour of my day. I missed part of a calc review session.
  • [LARP]
    SYNERGY!