This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Online commerce site fucked up their payments big time, paying me on an account I don't have anymore and charging me their fees on my current one which so happens to have almost nothing on it, overdrafting it immediately. I hope they fucking pay out the money required to fix their bullshit because I don't have the patience for this.
  • edited September 2016
    Reading the spiel of a hardcore libertarian in a forum I lurk. He rails all about how government is terrible and how governments have killed more people than all wars combined, how it should all be abolished and how the 16th amendment to the U.S. Constitution is illegal, etc. etc. etc. and I just really want to put the "What have the Romans ever done for us" exchange from Life of Brian there. I refuse to engage that moron though.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • chaosof99 said:

Reading the spiel of a hardcore libertarian in a forum I lurk. He rails all about how government is terrible and how governments have killed more people than all wars combined, how it should all be abolished and how the 16th amendment to the U.S. Constitution is illegal, etc. etc. etc. and I just really want to put the "What have the Romans ever done for us" exchange from Life of Brian there. I refuse to engage that moron though.

Its for the best you don't. You'd just give him fuel for his tirade.
  • chaosof99 said:

Its for the best you don't. You'd just give him fuel for his tirade.
    Checked back. The guy is still going on. Every time he says "taxation is rape" (and he does that a lot) I want to just strangle him. Of course he is also declares that he is happily married with child, earns $90k a year, manages 15 people and has a big dick. Some people really need validation I guess.
  • chaosof99 said:

Reading the spiel of a hardcore libertarian in a forum I lurk. He rails all about how government is terrible and how governments have killed more people than all wars combined, how it should all be abolished and how the 16th amendment to the U.S. Constitution is illegal, etc. etc. etc.

Sounds more to me like anarchist than libertarian.
  • Daikun said:

chaosof99 said:

Reading the spiel of a hardcore libertarian in a forum I lurk. He rails all about how government is terrible and how governments have killed more people than all wars combined, how it should all be abolished and how the 16th amendment to the U.S. Constitution is illegal, etc. etc. etc.

The thing is that when he was called an anarchist he denied it and declared himself an "autarchist", not realizing that he basically called himself a member of a subset of anarchists.

Anyway, the difference between hardcore libertarians and anarchists quickly evaporates, in my experience.
  • Hence "anarcho-capitalist", or ancaps, as they are known.
  • chaosof99 said:

Daikun said:

chaosof99 said:

The thing is that when he was called an anarchist he denied it and declared himself an "autarchist", not realizing that he basically called himself a member of a subset of anarchists.

Anyway, the difference between hardcore libertarians and anarchists quickly evaporates, in my experience.
    But how hardcore is "hardcore?" I call myself a Libertarian.
  • But how hardcore is "hardcore?" I call myself a Libertarian.

Yeah, but you are - or at least seem to be for the most part - one of those extremely rare types of Libertarian, the Left-libertarian. Most hardcore libertarians are just far-right tea party style republicans with the serial numbers filed off.

• Libertarian is one of those terms that seems to have lost all meaning due to so many different people with different political views identifying as such. And as Churba stated, most of the well known ones are just republicans who don't want to be called republicans probably so they can act unbiased and don't have to defend themselves when republicans do stupid shit. Then again, looking at the "liberal democrat" part of Australia, its really an issue with most political labels.
  • Nutcase update: He now claims that the only reason cancer hasn't been cured is because "it isn't lucrative", peddling some sort of pharma-conspiracy. He also claims that humanity has cured far worse diseases like, and I quote "Smallpox, Bubonic plague". Of course there are a couple issues with that statement, namely that it contradicts his claim that government never do good things, and of course the fact that both of those are a completely different kind of disease than cancer, infectious vs. genetic.
  • Yeah, especially considering cancer is really like a million different diseases. And the whole big pharma conspiracy with cancer has always bothered me. I'm not saying there couldn't be situations where there isn't an incentive to find a cure or where they push more expensive drugs over potentially more effective ones but are you telling me they wouldn't make a shitload of money if they cured cancer? Yes they wouldn't be making the money from chemo and radiation therapy but those people would still be alive. Living people continue to buy their drugs. And considering cancer becomes more and more likely with old people especially, keeping them alive will give them an even more growing consumer base.
  • Daikun said:
    Because you don't like a single word that is obviously a word?
  • It's an acronym, not a word.
    It's also an excuse by high school/college kids who think they can get away with whatever they want.
  • It's a word. Really. Just because you know the etymology doesn't mean it isn't now a word.
  • Also, language is an organic construct. Grammar/vocabulary/etc. change and evolve over time. A word is an atom of speech, the smallest piece that still has semantic meaning. YOLO clearly is a word. Unless you also think word isn't a word.
  • Radar also started ad an acronym, so I don't see why Yolo shouldn't have the same power to become a full word.
  • Dictionaries describe language use; they do not prescribe said use.
  • words that Daikun also wants taken out of the dictionary: scuba, radar, laser, interpol, gestapo, and AIDS
  • I was in the midst of arguing with someone on another forum who:

1) Doesn't believe climate change is happening.
    2) Because he doesn't see any effects of it.
    3) He wouldn't care if it was.
    3) Because he doesn't think anyone he knows will suffer from it.
    4) Because if the world goes to shit, they know how to farm and survive in the woods.

He also used the word "breed" in the context of finding a woman to marry.

I give up.
  • Banta said:

I give up.

Wise.
  • Today I had a customer purposefully dump an entire tray of croissants I had literally just put on my bakery, her smirk gave me an animous urge kill. I'm so glad my self restrain is made of glorious customer support steel folded 1000 times, sharpened and honed to perfection. :angry: :lol: We have her on camera and everything, but my manager decided not to say or do anything, because fuck me that's why.
  • Wheelchair accessible stairs...
  • ThatGent said:

Wheelchair accessible stairs...

Excuse my ignorance, buttfucking HOW?
  • Stairs with a ramp next to them?
  • Door leading to the stairs has a wheelchair accessible door opener button system if it's what I'm thinking of.
  • edited September 2016
    There was a ramp created to exclusively lead to that set of stairs. Don't worry, building officials took notice and sealed it off with a wallet chain.
    Post edited by ThatGent on
  • Wallet still attached of course.