This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited December 2008
    I bought a rotary cutter with cutting mat yesterday so I can easily measure and cut fabric for my sewing projects. Even though the cutter has a lot of safety features on it, I still managed to cut my thumb.
    Do you have a manual cutter, or an electric? My parents have a clothing business, so I have stories of misadventures with both - I've got a scar on my left middle finger where I cut a hunk out of the side of the tip with a manual cutter, and my mother has cut through the power cord on one of the electric cutters no less than four times - Thank ChristScience and electricians for safety-switch fuses.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Do you have a manual cutter, or an electric?
    I have a manual cutter. I basically made the mistake of trying to mess with the tool because I thought it wasn't rotating. My hand slipped and my thumb got sliced above the knuckle. It's not too bad, but I can't really bend my thumb.

I'm don't think I'll be buying an electric rotary cutter anytime soon.
  • My hand slipped and my thumb got sliced above the knuckle. It's not too bad, but I can't really bend my thumb.
    I used to "peel" my knuckle on a regular basis back when I worked at the restaurant, so I can kinda share your pain...
  • I have a manual cutter. I basically made the mistake of trying to mess with the tool because I thought it wasn't rotating. My hand slipped and my thumb got sliced above the knuckle. It's not too bad, but I can't really bend my thumb.

Not too bad of a mistake - I was cutting along a steel straight-edge, holding it with my left hand and cutting with my right, and my left middle finger was hanging over the edge, and just went straight over it. Cue lots of swearing and some ruined woven badges.
  • edited December 2008
    Do you have a manual cutter, or an electric?
    I have a manual cutter. I basically made the mistake of trying to mess with the tool because I thought it wasn't rotating. My hand slipped and my thumb got sliced above the knuckle. It's not too bad, but I can't really bend my thumb.

That's weird, mine has a line and the brand printed on the disk for the same reason, so you can see that its rotating, try and paint the wheel with some permanent marker or something.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • That's weird, mine has a line and the brand printed on the disk for the same reason, so you can see that its rotating, try and paint the wheel with some permanent marker or something
    After a loud scream and cry, my boyfriend came out to my rescue, and I told him the problem. Apparently he was smart enough to do that to show me it was working. ^^;;
  • edited December 2008
    LMAO!!!!!

Someone should have told him that dance is meant for girls...
    Post edited by Loganator456 on

• Someone should have told him that dance is meant for girls...
    Kids these days...
    You mean for girls with junk in their trunk. ^_~ Or for awesome gay guys. I have to say, he really knows how to shake what his momma gave him.
  • I just found this gem of Fox "News" on YouTube, albeit a bit old:
    You mean for girls with junk in their trunk. ^_~ Or for awesome gay guys. I have to say, he really knows how to shake what his momma gave him.
    Yeah, he sure can dance.
  • Someone needs to say it simply to annoy Rym: 2008 Detroit Lions are now officially the worst team in NFL history.
  • I got sick today. Sick as in, barfing gross things up into the company toilet (and making a slight mess). It made me feel better, but I worry for the commute home... It's an hour or so long!
  • Someone needs to say it simply to annoy Rym: 2008 Detroit Lions are now officially the worst team in NFL history.
    It was our Superbowl.
  • This weekend I was meant to fly from Argentina to a gig in New Orleans, but due to the client being useless (could be something to do with Christmas) they hadn't booked me flights out of the US. American immigration being the wonderful organisation it is, told American Airlines to deny my access to the plane, and then again even after I booked a flight out of America again. A day later I still hadn't heard anything from the client, no contract, no travel documents, no info on hotel or being picked up from the airport, so I bailed on the gig and flew home to Berlin, sending out emails to everyone concerned I wasn't going to risk it. You get into trouble once at US borders and you might as well not bother trying to visit again, and I didn't want to risk that.

This morning I got a call from my agent asking "Weren't you meant to be in New Orleans?" I explained the whole situation, and he understood, but it was a whole lot of stress. Meanwhile I have this trapped nerve in my leg, and was getting by on a combination of painkillers and adrenaline, and weeping at inopportune moments when the pain and stress overwhelmed me. I've not had a good weekend.
  • Spent ages trying to work out why a piece of CSS wasn't working while an almost identical piece was. Turns out it was a malformed comment before the first CSS section that messed it up.
  • You get into trouble once at US borders and you might as well not bother trying to visit again, and I didn't want to risk that.
    Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Our new Canadian head coach came to work during the summer on a permit and went back to Canada at the end for what was supposed to be a two week stay. There were some problems with his paperwork and that two week leave turned into a two month leave while he waited for our government to give him permission to come back.
  • edited December 2008
    From a few minutes ago, at Kodak tech support.

nelson: "Ok, so you're going to want to go to your Start menu..."
    Customer: "Start? My computer's already on!"

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • From a few minutes ago, at Kodak tech support.

nelson: "Ok, so you're going to want to go to your Start menu..."
    Customer: "Start? My computer's already on!"

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
    Oh god, the world has bred stupids that cannot even follow the for-stupids directions. Why world, WHY!? Can't you give us a breather?
    It was our Superbowl.
    Romeo Crennel was fired today, because the Browns looked too much like the Lions this season. No offensive TDs in the last six games. Way to go, Brownies.
  • edited December 2008
    So, after bailing on the gig in New Orleans, I've been offered it again, but to join the ship in Belize. So now I'm going to have flown from South America to Central America via Germany. The fail? After making it home for New Years, now my girlfriend is pissed that I'm leaving again tomorrow morning.

And my sciatic nerve is still fucked, so this flight is going to be quite stressful.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • So now I'm going to have flown from South America to Central America via Germany.
    Make lemonade from those lemons. I wish I had the leverage to get to any of those places. You should at least post some pics for us non-globetrotters.
  • Fail of the day extra: gig canceled again = girlfriend happy again. Leg still fucked.
    You should at least post some pics for us non-globetrotters.
    A few months ago I set up a gallery on my website but I'm still playing with it. Photos are added slowly as I sort them.
  • I failed to due anything productive today due to Dragon Quest.

...maybe it's not so fail after all. :P
  • My vomiting streak has just been broken. This is going to be a fun New Year's Eve.
  • Every English person who has ever said something along the lines of "Oh, its just this TV show, it's Great!" when I ask about "The mighty Boosh" but never offer any more information than that.

Double fail for everyone of them (Including my girlfriend) Who then change the subject immediately when I ask for a little more information.
  • Every English person who has ever said something along the lines of "Oh, its just this TV show, it's Great!" when I ask about "The mighty Boosh" but never offer any more information than that.

Double fail for everyone of them (Including my girlfriend) Who then change the subject immediately when I ask for a little more information.
    Haven't you tried Googling?
  • UGO Entertainment buys 1up.com, closes Electronic Gaming Monthly, ends all the podcasts, fires most of the staff. Seems to me like they don't understand that what made 1up were the people working there.
  • I told my parents I wanted to consider a career in music. That did not go well.
  • edited January 2009
    UGO Entertainment buys 1up.com, closes Electronic Gaming Monthly, ends all the podcasts, fires most of the staff. Seems to me like they don't understand that what made 1up were the people working there.
    Wait, what the fuck? No more 1up FM?

This is the most disappointing thing I've heard in a long time. Fuck UGO.
    Post edited by Walker on