This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hetalia is going to be an anime

2»

Comments

• Finland is far north and near the sea, what else would they eat? It's not like America lacks it's own share of weird food. You've got bagels for starters.And so, the great food flamewar began.
    Don't bring up the bagles.... too many Northeastern U.S.A. Jews on the thread. Mr. MacRoss takes his bagles seriously.
  • Don't bring up the bagles.... too many Northeastern U.S.A. Jews on the thread. Mr. MacRoss takes his bagles seriously.
    I was just pointing out America has plenty of foods seen as strange.
  • Also salmiakki.
    *slaps you* That stuff is freaking awesome. Liquorice ftw! So what makes you say that in such an off-handish matter?
  • edited February 2009
    But I like salmiakki too! (I had it once.) You can't deny, however, that it is a strange food, and some people would not like it.
    edit: Are bagels strange? I like bagels! New York Food Bagels! Every Saturday, fresh bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon! It is Geekhouse tradition.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Like I said, bagels are strange to some and a fact of life lunch for others.
  • Finland is far north and near the sea, what else would they eat? It's not like America lacks it's own share of weird food. You've got bagels for starters.And so, the great food flamewar began.
    You don't have bagels in Albion?
  • edited February 2009
    Finland is far north and near the sea, what else would they eat? It's not like America lacks it's own share of weird food. You've got bagels for starters.And so, the great food flamewar began.
    You don't have bagels in Albion?
    We do but they are still strange. I've heard tell that bread in the US is usually very bland. At least as far as what you can get in supermarkets.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited February 2009
    We do but they are still strange. I've heard tell that bread in the US is usually very bland. At least as far as what you can get in supermarkets.
    Most supermarket bread is very bland. You can get nicer/tastier breads for a bit more money. Also, a lot of Americans use bread as an edible holder for food; they forget that the bread itself can add a lot of flavor.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Don't you have in-store bakeries? Here, usually anything but the super budget bread is pretty decent.
  • edited February 2009
    Don't you have in-store bakeries? Here, usually anything but the super budget bread is pretty decent.
    There are in store bakeries, but most are only okay. Bread-makers for the partial win! Homemade bread for the win! Mom's homemade bread for the complete pwn!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Don't you have in-store bakeries? Here, usually anything but the super budget bread is pretty decent.
    Warburtons thick cut is the business, but I've got this new one now that's cheaper and tastier, I just can't remember the name.