This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Youtube video you have made

Comments

• My YouTube Channel

I just uploaded about 5 new Half-Life: 2 videos.
  • I cut this together out of a shitty short film I worked on (and starred in), enjoy:
  • What will we do once petabyte drives are available?
    Wait three weeks for Thaed to run out of space.
  • @ gomidog: those are awesome animations! I particularly love the smooth movement of some of your sketches.

@ Eryn: I suppose it is sad to say that I don't recall seeing your Feline Rock Chorus video before. Thanks for posting it!

I really don't use youtube. I only watch it when someone sends me a link. Otherwise, I post everything to Blip. Most of it is just boring documentation and the rest of it is slightly embarrassing.

• Just me playing some Tribes 2.

• Best viewed with the HD option. More info on my blog.
  • I posted this on my blog but thought I'd share the same videos in this thread:

Youtube is a fantastic service. Everyone loves it. Except copyright holders whose intellectual property is uploaded by third parties.

This happened to me, but I don't really care. The only thing that annoys me is that, out off all the videos of mine on Youtube, luke burrage jungler amazing has the most views, and it was uploaded by someone else.

Instead of complaining to Youtube, getting the video removed, and uploading the same video again, I decided to upload two new versions of the same act to my own account. I recorded them on my last cruise ship gig.

People often say "I like your 3 ball and video routine, but it only works for jugglers, right?"

Wrong! I do this routine for rich retired Americans all the time, and judging from comments afterward it is everyone's favourite part of my show. Of course, I need to ease them into it gently, so I added a four minute introduction explaining where all the words come from.

That said, jugglers clap in different places, and usually a lot louder at the end.

The first video is just the juggling section. The second video has the introduction, and then a different performance of the same juggling routine (with no drop, but a stupid mistake).

• That's one hell of a routine. Cool stuff.
  • Totally sweet.
  • Luke, that's very impressive. I'm really digging the kinetic typography; it's perfectly synchronized and everything.
  • As shown on my Wikia page
  • Luke, that's very impressive. I'm really digging the kinetic typography; it's perfectly synchronized and everything.
    Thanks for the kind words about the routine. I should hope its good though; I do this kind of thing for a living!

I don't think I've looked up kinetic typography before, so I guessed it was what it sounded like: moving text. The first line of wikipedia says: "Kinetic typography—the technical name for "moving text"—is an animation technique mixing motion and text."

Thanks! I'm going to use that terminology the next time I introduce the routine.
  • The "4 4 Penguin Penguin 4 Penguin Cross" part is possibly my favorite. It looks cool, and it's a catchy rhythm.
  • Thanks for the kind words about the routine. I should hope its good though; I do this kind of thing for a living!
    Well, I've seen my fair share of cruise ship jugglers, all with their own respective claims of "World Championship Winner," all considering themselves "professional," but some of them seem to confuse "championship-winner" with "entertaining," and your act appears to be unique as well as talented.
  • I just made a video with me singing a song on my new guitar. The video itself provides all the explanation needed.
  • Luke, have I told you your love story is like that of movies? So cool! (Romantic at heart I am.)
  • It's the best kind! I hope we don't have movies-style end with one of us dying of cancer, and the other struggling to move...
  • A video I made about my skins in CSS. I had to record my voice in a separate track, but I'm really proud of it and linked to all of them, too. :)
    Also my thing of the day.

Please watch, and in HQ. Probably better if you went to the page.

• Luke, one problem I had with the juggling video - it wasn't zoomed in on you well enough. I know the shower and half shower stuff from back when I used to do a lot of juggling (I was never that great, though), but otherwise I couldn't really tell what was going on in the video other than awesome juggling. Technicalities and specifics of the moves were lost since it was so zoomed out.
    Also, what were all the numbers for? I didn't really understand that.
  • I totally have a man-crush on Luke.
  • edited May 2009
    I made a much, much better version of my skins video. Please watch in HD! ^_^

Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • edited May 2009
    Inspired by Rock Paper Shotgun

Post edited by Walker on
  • edited May 2009
    Didn't know whether to post this here or make a new thread for AMVs. Sticking with here just to be on the safe side. XD;;

Anyway, this is my first full-length AMV and the first thing I've done with a non-crappy editing suite, so understandably, it's not quite as professional or polished as the things a more experienced AMV maker can produce. I like what I have, though, if only because I think I got across my feelings about the Utena movie and its creator well enough. Also because I at least put in a lot more effort than is put into the standard "throw random shots together" videos that seem to comprise a huge (possibly majority?) portion of the AMVs out there. From the feedback I've gotten, it's largely a big pile of "WTF?" for anyone not familiar with Utena, but I've gotten great feedback from those who are familiar with the show and movie, so that's good enough for me. :)

Best watched with the HD option turned on.

Post edited by Eryn on
  • Counter-Strike 1.6 video I made. I've been having hell uploading it all day, but I guess it finally worked.

• Counter-Strike 1.6 video I made. I've been having hell uploading it all day, but I guess it finally worked.
    Did you really just get 1.6 a few days ago?

• I have to keep myself entertained during days at sea, so yesterday I made this video. I'm unsure if it shows me as a comedy genius or just unstable.
    Did you really just get 1.6 a few days ago?
    Yeah, what of it?
  • I have to keep myself entertained during days at sea, so yesterday I made this video. I'm unsure if it shows me as a comedy genius or just unstable.
    Genius! Most definitely.
    Genius! Most definitely.
    Insane genious.
  • The way your face is distorted on the lower right corner of the IPod looks like Scott Rubin.
    That routine is oddly similar to an acting warm up I do in the mirror.