This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cubicle Decoration Ideas

edited November 2008 in Everything Else
Now that it's snowing and driving is nigh impossible, the holiday spirit has begun to gnaw on the legs of many in my office. We have a competition on right now to see who has the best decorated cube, and I can't seem to think of any good ideas. Googling only yields the same simple suggestions of 'get a mini tree' or 'stick up some pictures/lights'. There's also about a dozen images of cubes turned into gingerbread houses, which while clever, doesn't work too well when I only have a 2 1/2 wall cube.

One of the guys down the hall from me has built a chimney around his monitor, so it looks like the screen is the pit of a fireplace. I want something to compete with that, but I lack creativity. Thus, I ask the question: if you had free reign of my desk, what would you do with it?

Comments

• Post a picture of your cubicle and desk area so people can see what you're dealing with.
  • you need to take this time of happiness and remind everyone that a zombie apocolyps might just be around the corner. Go to your local graveyard and dig up some bodyparts. I sugest buying guns to hang in there as well. I think zombie theme is the way to go!
  • Maybe you could put a wreath around your monitor. Get one of those giant blow-up Santas, that would funny. Wrap everything in x-mas wrapping paper. Maybe you could go with a theme like a mountain lodge.
  • Bah, all useless ideas. The best decoration is cleaning up (or out if you want) your desk.
  • Post a picture of your cubicle and desk area so people can see what you're dealing with.
    Take photos of your cube and put them up in your cube.
    Set up a smaller cube in your cube. Put a G.I. Joe behind the desk, and give him all sorts of impossible assignments.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2008
    Make sure that the photos of your cube include said photos. Anyone who notices is automatically worth talking to.
    Post edited by Rym on
    My floor contains a telephone switcher, so we're actually barred from photographing anything. There are similar desks a floor down; I'll grab a shot tomorrow to share.
    Make sure that the photos of your cube include said photos. Anyone who notices is automatically worth talking to.
    That's a really good idea for later, once the holidays are gone. Quite Escherriffic.
  • How much artistic skill are you working with here?
  • How much artistic skill are you working with here?
    Little by way of drawing. I'm not too bad with Photoshop or a pair of scissors, and while I loathe to admit it, I was pretty good at geek papercraft in high school.
  • Oh, I remembered something that might be useful as inspiration.
  • edited December 2008
    Done, and done.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • @ YoshoKatana:

Brilliant!
  • @ YoshoKatana:

Brilliant!
  • Next step: As your office changes, take another picture every month so that the picture within picture is slightly different.
  • Picture
    To quote 4chan - When you see it...