This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

This is Morgan Webb's favorite TED video?!

edited November 2008 in Everything Else
I'm a fan of Webb Alert. I've watched Morgan Webb since her TechTV days. I'm not surprised that she likes TED at all. I am surprised, however, at her pick of a favorite TED video. I would not pick this designer in a million years as a favorite. Take a look at the video and see if you agree.

From this guy's leg show video to his admission that he listens to astrologers, his tastes are clearly not my cup of tea. Perhaps his genius at clothing design makes up for how he comes across? What do you think?

Comments

• I think she just took the "safe route" and only browsed through the "easier" subjects like design. Though the last two she recommended were quite good.
  • edited November 2008
    The girls on G4 are just some ex-model whose pretending to be a geek. I'm not complaining, but I wish they had some real geeks on there.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • edited December 2008
    The girls on G4 are just some ex-model whose pretending to be a geek.
    Ms. Webb is different.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited December 2008
    She introduces the segment stating that this is one of a few TED videos regarding design that she recommends. I am not sure if that translates into the Mizrahi lecture being her favorite deign themed TED lecture, let alone her favorite TED lecture. She specifically stated that she was focusing on what inspires famous designers. Mizrahi does just that. She may have chosen this to introduce young women to the TED lectures (Mizrahi is a great choice as a major name throughout the fashion industry and is now a household name thanks to his Target line) and possibly to introduce young men to the world of fashion via the TED lectures. It is a really nice conjunction for two major (and often clashing) audiences.
    Is this the lecture you are referencing? She shows clips of a few.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on