This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Emily going away for a month

edited December 2008 in Everything Else
I decided that Sonic had a good idea, so I am going off the internet for a month in order to try and get my projects together. Since it is winter, I have been all hikkikomori-esque on the weekends, and I need to re-energize myself. Rym, please set me to "Get a Job."

If anyone needs to contact me for any reason, you can mail gomidog (at) frontrowcrew.com.

Comments

• I'm removing the "get a job" role. If you need to be locked out of the forum to resist spending your time here, then it doesn't really count. If you don't do what you want to do with your own willpower, then you didn't really do it on your own did you?

Many people have asked to be banned or locked out in the past, and all of them have been told no. When people have asked for others to be banned or locked out, they were also told no. To give special treatment would be unfair.
  • edited December 2008
    Oh noes. I think a bunch of us need to stop being hikikomori. I know I do. The winter has really gotten to me, as has working 3:30 to midnight at Kodak. Not fun, not fun. Walking 1.5 miles home from the bus stop is getting worse and worse.

Fortunately, though, I'm displaying a Sanctuary-esque ambition with this job. I think I'll be promoted from tier I to tier III in about a month or two. Yay for fast promotions.

Also, I think you have the mental fortitude to stay off the forums. I mean, you have to deal with Rym and Scott, yeah? ^_~
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I've become more productive this winter than I have been since I left college. I thrive when I have too much to do. It energizes me. Between work, the puppies, the house work (moving-in set up and the like), getting ready for school, starting a musical project with a good friend, driving Adam to-and-fro (only one vehicle for now), making up new recipes (that all seem to be vegetarian/vegan even-though I am neither), and WRITING some new material - I find that I want to take on more projects. Finally Adam and I will get that comic together (YES WE WILL) and I will get involved with a theatrical production by Spring. I am so excited and amped!
    I don't get the lazy winter thing. When it is cold, I get crazy energy and when it is hot, I get complete lethargy.
  • Aw, no more Gomi for a while.
  • Just edit your hosts file and map forum.frontrowcrew.com to 127.0.0.1. It'll stop you from coming back until you really want to.
  • I decided that Sonic had a good idea, so I am going off the internet for a month in order to try and get my projects together. Since it is winter, I have been all hikkikomori-esque on the weekends, and I need to re-energize myself. Rym, please set me to "Get a Job."

If anyone needs to contact me for any reason, you can mail gomidog (at) frontrowcrew.com.
    Oh, great. Now I have to get back on the saddle...
  • I decided that Sonic had a good idea, so I am going off the internet for a month in order to try and get my projects together. Since it is winter, I have been all hikkikomori-esque on the weekends, and I need to re-energize myself. Rym, please set me to "Get a Job."

Oh, great. Now I have to get back on the saddle...
    Remember, these are the Geeknights forums. We don't shit-talk around here. No shit-talking at all.
  • Remember, these are the Geeknights forums. We don't shit-talk around here. No shit-talking at all.
    Oh yeah, never. Nope, we never do that.