This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Utena Torrent

edited January 2009 in Anime
Alright, so I'm giving up on my quest to find legitimate copies of Shojo Kakumei Utena, and I'm turning to the dark side. Trouble is, I can't find any working torrents of it. I'm also having the same trouble with other shows that have been released in the US, though the DVDs are out of print, or otherwise unavailable, i.e. Irresponsible Captain Tylor. Any good sites for torrents like this?

Comments

• I see all of Utena for sale on Amazon. Used, but cheap. Also, you can get it at any anime convention. I always see plenty of copies for sale, especially from sci-fi continuum.
  • As a poor high school student, I really can't afford to pay for individual DVDs. I have yet to find a cheaper option than Amazon.
  • edited January 2009
    What search engine were you using? Torrentz returns one with some peers. You may want to add the extra trackers it lists.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Ahh, okay. Thanks, guys!
  • edited January 2009
    Someone on the forum In the Rose Garden is apparently going to be ripping the remastered DVDs that just came out in Japan, subtitling them with the CPM subtitle script, and uploading them to a private torrent site when he/she is done. I wouldn't pin all your hopes on it because internet promises can be easily forgotten or put off, and if you want them fast, forget it, since the second DVD set doesn't come out until March. The person seems to have made some good progress so far, though (8 episodes worth of subtitles edited), so hopefully he/she does make good on that plan eventually.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Someone on the forum In the Rose Garden is apparently going to be ripping the remastered DVDs that just came out in Japan, subtitling them with the CPM subtitle script, and uploading them to a private torrent site when he/she is done. I wouldn't pin all your hopes on it because internet promises can be easily forgotten or put off, and if you want them fast, forget it, since the second DVD set doesn't come out until March. The person seems to have made some good progress so far, though (8 episodes worth of subtitles edited), so hopefully he/she does make good on that plan eventually.
    How exactly should one go about getting these new rips? Utena's almost impossible to get in Australia and I'm not willing to pay shipping on an anime I'm not certain I'll really like.
  • I think you'll have to message the person doing the rips once he/she is ultimately done making them (have no idea when that will be). I'm not a fan of private torrent trackers, but if that's what the rips will be put up on, I guess we'll have to deal with it.

Also, as far as I know, I haven't seen any torrents for rips of just the raw remastered DVDs around anywhere. :/
  • Even Netflix doesn't have all of Utena.
  • If you don't hate Megaupload.
    TV Show
    Movie
  • edited January 2009
    Copyman continues to provide updates on his progress with subbing the remastered DVDs (he's going to be putting out both two versions, one with the CPM subs and one with the old fansubs): http://forums.ohtori.nu/viewtopic.php?pid=143499#p143499
    Post edited by Eryn on