This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2009 Anime Season Start!

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Version 4.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
    Post edited by KevDeluxe on
  • How come those charts never include the constantly ongoing shows like Sazae-san and such?
  • Well, who's subbing Sazae-san?

Well?
  • How come those charts never include the constantly ongoing shows like Sazae-san and such?
    Because shows that already started airing are not from the new season. They're just ongoing shows from previous seasons. New doesn't equal almost having 2000 episodes. And yes, I know it's slightly hypocritical to then put ongoing OVAs on that chart, but those are few and are less regular than TV shows. There's also so much you can put on there before it gets freaking huge.
    Well, who's subbing Sazae-san?

Well?
    That has nothing to do with it. By that logic Jewel Pets shouldn't be on the list
    Version 4.
    Pretty quick on the ball you.
  • I'm watching Cobra and pleased with it. Nice bit of Terasawa action, in a PC world gone mad.

I'll keep an eye on Valkyria, Queen's Blade, Phantom, Sengoku Basara, Mazinger, Spice and Wolf 2 and Ristorante Paradiso.

Have to agree, Hetalia is funny stuff, but I don't know why Koreans were getting in such a fuss about it.
  • edited April 2009
    I made an interesting observation recently: Anime Pulse is the main filter on which I base the new anime I watch and the new manga I read. I know you guys hate them and probably the main reason that they are behind my choices in new series is that they are the most up to date, but it is how it is.

For example, Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service has quickly risen up in my favorite manga list. I picked it up after I heard the Manga Pulse episode which had the review and thought, hm, that sounds interesting. A few days ago I looked something up on the AWO review index and stumbled across that they also did a review on it and I thought "What, they did, don't remember it at all", and AWO reviewed it a full year before MP.

Another observation I made is that a few months ago I just didn't have time and basically left AP as a podcast on the side. During that time I also did not watch any anime. Then I played some video games where I did not necessarily need my ears and played them while catching up to my podcast back archive (stuff like Mirror's Edge trial mode, SFIV or Skate 2), I got back into anime.

Of the four anime podcasts I listen(ed) to, AWO, AP, GeekNights and SHAFT (I canceled SHAFT because I just didn't have time for yet another podcast anymore), AP somehow manages to get me interested in something the most. That doesn't mean I always continue watching what they make sound interesting to me, or that I always agree with their assessments, but somehow they manage to pique my interest.

You can hate them all you want but that is basically why I keep listening to them.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • You can hate them all you want but that is basically why I keep listening to them.
    I don't hate them. I just don't like what they recommend. Also I stopped listen to MP the same day they said they didn't like Osamu Tezuka's Buddha, they are heading towards the right direction recently if only because they are giving Tezuka another chance, but still how can someone not like Buddha is beyond me. Basically, I stopped listening to podcast. I only listen to GN, Dave and Joel and AWO (when they release an episode).
  • Oh yeah, just for clarification. I only mentioned "four" anime podcasts above. I do listen to Dave and Joel too, but I don't really classify them in the same manner as the other four since they don't really do a review of it as much as they just have fun with the property.
  • Wait.. Lupin Vs Detective Conan?
    Indeed.
    Words can not describe my want of this :-p
    Words can not describe my want of this :-p

I just saw it recently and all I have to say is don't expect too much because it wasn't that great in my opinion. If you have any questions about it you can ask me.
    Even slowpoke.jpg realized that faster than you.
  • edited April 2009
    Wait.. Lupin Vs Detective Conan?
    Even slowpoke.jpg realized that faster than you.
    The inevitable snide comment from Nineless, not one of his better ones but it would be such a shame for him to miss the opportunity to whinge.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited April 2009
    I just saw it recently and all I have to say is don't expect too much because it wasn't that great in my opinion. If you have any questions about it you can ask me.
    Where did you see it?

Ah I see a bunch of raw's are up.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I hope someone subs it! I kinda doubt they will though. Maybe Live-Evil.
  • I hope someone subs it! I kinda doubt they will though. Maybe Live-Evil.
    Frostii & DCTP
    Frostii => Froth-Bite & Ureshii => Froth-Bite has been subbing Lupin III specials and so for quite some time.
    An additional note on Lupin series: as some of you may have heard, there is another TV special coming this late March—Lupin vs Conan. I’m planning to work on this series as well as soon as the footage is available, with possible re-release when DVD is available later.
  • Krausser was in K-ON. That made the 1st episode of me.
  • I'm super psyched for Chi's new season!! I'm so watching it with my cats.
    edited April 2009
    I made Viga's day with the following news. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.
    Krausser was in K-ON. That made the 1st episode of me.
    Don't know how to feel. It's cute, funny even and the ED is rather nice, song and animation wise. But the stupid moe blob clumsiness of the main character is burning. This show is burning away my defenses! I... I!-I SHOULD WATCH AN EPISODE OF MOETAN, or K-K--O- JIII-gah. I cannot name it, but it could save me, but I'd have to watch one episode of K-ON! and then one of ... It would kill me. But K-ON!'s really cute, and the other 3 band members are fun, though the keytar girl has narrow, tall, ugly eyebrows, and the bassist and president are awesome. Add to this Chi and I would be reduced to nothing more than an empty shell.

Fuck it, I'm watching at least one more episode of K-ON! whether it kills me or not. Souten Kouro and Eden of the East should be able and safe part of me. And I could always just throw in Mazinger and Sengoku Basara with its dancing soldiers.

FUCK IT!
    Post edited by ... on
  • I watched the first episode of K-On yesterday and thought it was really funny. Yes, it's moe, but I can bear it since it isn't annoyingly so.
  • Watched the first episode of K-On, maybe the moe has more of an adverse effect on me, probably not going to watch any more.
  • Also watched the first episode of K-ON! It was so cliche and formualic, there's no reason to watch it. Maybe I'll just watch the last episode to see them perform an awesome concert.
    edited April 2009
    there's no reason to watch it
    see them perform an awesome concert.
    Oh-ho-ho-ho. It's based on a 4 Koma gag manga, so that probably explains why you see it as cliché and formulaic.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited April 2009
    I made Viga's day with the following news. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.
    Sorry to say but it probably is going to disappoint. It could be and most likely is first an airing in the broadcast order then a re-airing in the chronological order (or vice-versa). Yeah so since Haruhi is 14 episodes this may as well be why.
    Post edited by KevDeluxe on
  • edited April 2009
    I liked K'on. It wasn't the best, and the main character was kind of dopey, but I enjoyed it. I watched it with Scott and Rym the other day and laughed at the Krauser thing. Also, I have no problem with moe shows as long as they aren't dumb. I mean, on one hand you have Azumanga Daioh and on the other hand that shiny butts chinese generals falling from the sky ettchi show. If the characters are quirky and funny I have no problem watching moe shows. Also, cute character designs for K-on. They did dot eyes a lot, and the uniforms were nice.

(I'm a sucker for seifuku. That why I have the big book of school girls. Yay! <3)
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I liked K'on. It wasn't the best, and the main character was kind of dopey, but I enjoyed it. I watched it with Scott and Rym the other day and laughed at the Krauser thing. Also, I have no problem with moe shows as long as they aren't dumb. I mean, on one hand you have Azumanga Daioh and on the other hand that shiny butts chinese generals falling from the sky ettchi show. If the characters are quirky and funny I have no problem watching moe shows. Also, cute character designs for K-on. They did dot eyes a lot, and the uniforms were nice.

(I'm a sucker for seifuku. That why I have thebig book of school girls. Yay! <3)</p>
    K-on! was OK, but I liked it more because the animation was fluid enough to make the music-related movement really pretty, which hasn't been done in that many anime before.
  • I just watched K-on! and the first episode of the new Fullmetal Alchemist.

I like K-on!, it's going to be a silly show, and the girls seem to have good personalities. I'll watch some more of it probably.

FMA was interesting, but I think that if I hadn't already seen the original a lot of what is going on in this episode really wouldn't make sense. In that sense it sort of falls flat, and really isn't a good first episode to a series like this.
  • FMA was interesting, but I think that if I hadn't already seen the original a lot of what is going on in this episode really wouldn't make sense. In that sense it sort of falls flat, and really isn't a good first episode to a series like this.
    That's the purpose of a first episode: hook you without revealing much plot. I enjoyed the darker tone and color palette, and the action was, in my opinion, much better done than the original. The only thing that really bugged me was the over-use of the short jokes (incidentally, the same complaint I have of the original).
  • Where are the FMA torrents? Animesuki doesn't have any listed yet...