This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2009 Anime Season Start!

Comments

• Dunno... if Cross Game keeps up its momentum, it might easily be the best of the season.
    I heard that was good too, but haven't checked it out yet, only its OP and ED, and they are nowhere near how awesome the OP and ED for Higashi no Eden are. I doubt Cross Game would be able to beat it in my opinion.

Also, I just saw a screenshot of the next episode of Sengoku BASARA... HOLY FUCK YEAR! Standing, on a horse, galloping, cliff... *dies*
  • Dunno... if Cross Game keeps up its momentum, it might easily be the best of the season.
    I heard that was good too, but haven't checked it out yet, only its OP and ED, and they are nowhere near how awesome the OP and ED for Higashi no Eden are. I doubt Cross Game would be able to beat it in my opinion.
    Wait... judging a series solely by its opener and closer is a logical fallacy (hasty generalization).
  • Wait... judging a series solely by its opener and closer is a logical fallacy (hasty generalization).
    I'M NOT JUDGING IT. I JUST POINTED OUT THAT IT DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE MORE AWESOME IN MY OPINION THAN HIGASHI NO EDEN. ITS OP, ED, SYNOPSIS, ETC. ALL INTEREST ME FAR LESS THAN THE LATTER.

ALSO, ALL CAPS FOR BASARA, HOT-BLOODED MANIME FOR THE WIN.

(YES, I LOST MY MIND READING 4CHAN AND WATCHING THE RAW OF THE SECOND EPISODE OF BASARA)
  • Wait... judging a series solely by its opener and closer is a logical fallacy (hasty generalization).
    4CHAN
    Well there's your problem right there. ^_^
  • Well there's your problem right there. ^_^
    HOW IS AWESOME MANIME, HOTBLOODED DISCUSSION AND SHOUTING AT COMPUTERS A PROBLEM? ARE YOU A GIRL?! STOP WATCHING MOE-CRAP AND READING ROSARIO AND GROW SOME FUCKING HAIR ON YOUR NAILS! ALSO, BE A MAN AND QUOTE TRUTHFULLY. FORCING TWO UNRELATED COMMENTS TOGETHER IS A PATHETIC PRACTICE ONLY EXECUTED BY THE WEAK.
  • edited April 2009
    HOW IS AWESOME MANIME, HOTBLOODED DISCUSSION AND SHOUTING AT COMPUTERS A PROBLEM? ARE YOU A GIRL?! STOP WATCHING MOE-CRAP AND READING ROSARIO AND GROW SOME FUCKING HAIR ON YOUR NAILS! ALSO, BE A MAN AND QUOTE TRUTHFULLY. FORCING TWO UNRELATED COMMENTS TOGETHER IS A PATHETIC PRACTICE ONLY EXECUTED BY THE WEAK.
    TAKE YOUR CANCER AND GTFBACK TO /b/, CAPSfag. YOU ARE THE CANCER THAT IS KILLING /frc/. OH, ROSARIO? FUCKING READ IT. ON TO READING THE HAYATE THE COMBAT BUTLER MANGA, FAGGOT. LOLOLOLOLOL!11!!!!!11!!!1one1!

(I lol'ed at your comment, though. Hard.)
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
    edited April 2009
    TAKE YOUR CANCER AND GTFBACK TO /b/, CAPSfag. YOU ARE THE CANCER THAT IS KILLING /frc/. OH, ROSARIO? FUCKING READ IT. ON TO READING THE HAYATE THE COMBAT BUTLER MANGA, FAGGOT. LOLOLOLOLOL!11!!!!!11!!!1one1!
    "CANCER"? "/b/"? "CAPSFAG"? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, DO YOU? YOUR BANDWAGON REPLY DOESN'T MAKE YOU LOOK COOL, SO NEXT TIME TRY TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE ACTING LIKE A /b/-TARDED FISH FLOPPING ON DRY LAND. HERE'S A GLIMPSE.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/nineless/974cf46f.jpg
    WAIT, I HAVE A BETTER GLIMPSE FOR YOU.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Holy shit, those are smoke stacks. My argument is invalid.
  • edited April 2009
    So I watched Shin Mazinger Shōgeki! Z-Hen last night. And I only have one question. What the fuck did I just watch? It was like a nuclear explosion party and all the guests are bat shit crazy with huge robots at their command.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • So I watched Shin Mazinger Sh?geki! Z-Hen last night. And I only have one question. What the fuck did I just watch? It was like a nuclear explosion party and all the guests are bat shit crazy with huge robots at their command.
    Did you read the episode title? I'll help, it's called "Finale". It's the end of the story.
  • But it's only the first episode. :(
    End of story does not mean end of series. Next episode is probably the first chronologically.
    End of story does not mean end of series. Next episode is probably the first chronologically.
    Again, it is Go Nagai. Creator of such controlled insanity like Getter Robo, Black Lion, Cutey Honey, Devilman and Kekko Kamen.
  • Well I haven't seem Mazinger yet, but it sounds like the "you know the WHAT, but now find the HOW" type of premise. I might see it.
  • Well I haven't seem Mazinger yet, but it sounds like the "you know the WHAT, but now find the HOW" type of premise. I might see it.
    I don't even know the what after watching that episode. I'm really turned off of the series now, and if the second episode doesn't blow me away, I'm probably not going to watch it.
    Again, it is Go Nagai. Creator of such controlled insanity like Getter Robo, Black Lion, Cutey Honey, Devilman and Kekko Kamen.
    It might be Go Nagai but the director is Imagawa who did Giant Robo, which was an awesome anime so:
    Imagawa + Go Nagai = WIN!
  • FMA:B Continues to make me worry that what we'll have is half to a full season of stuff from FMA 1 and then absolutely no room to give what's not been animated a fair shake.

Bones are good at a lot of things, adapting ongoing manga is not one of them.
    It might be Go Nagai but the director is Imagawa who did Giant Robo, which was an awesome anime so:
    Don't forget Mobile Fighter G-Gundam, the first half of Getter Robo Armageddon and Mr. Ajikko!
  • One thing I'm worried about Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is if they are going to pull off the same direction they did in the last series, mutually diverge when they ran out of the source material and effectively create their own version of future events. It was fine the first time, but I personally do not want to see it happen a second or third time.

K-ON! is pretty decent, judging from the previews and what some people say about it, I felt it was overhyped. the music angle of this slice of life comedy does interest me and I am going to continue seeing it.

I have not played any of the Basara games, but the "motorbike horse" was just laugh out loud. Series's got balls just for that and it's pretty stylish (as expected from Capcom), and I'll continue watching it.

I also caught Arashi! on Crunchyroll, and it's pretty odd...a time travel gimmick slice of life, and they used it to investigate who stole this girl's strawberry shortcake...less than an hour ago. A show that I'll watch if I'm bored.
    Don't forget Mobile Fighter G-Gundam, the first half of Getter Robo Armageddon and Mr. Ajikko!
    Another G-Gundam lover!
    You are my new best friend!
    all the rest can eat from my:
  • Watched Eden of the East last night. I like it so far. The mystery of the amnesiac protagonist is pretty cool. He is also strangely very easy-going, for someone that finds himself naked waving a gun in front of the White House. I also like the fact that female protagonist is an adult woman. Which is a refreshing change from the typical moe archetypes that appear in most animes today.
  • I watched the first episode of Cross Game today, and I was impressed beyond belief. Definitely a contender for best show this season, in my opinion.
  • I watched the first episode of Cross Game today, and I was impressed beyond belief. Definitely a contender for best show this season, in my opinion.
    Have you forgotten one of the Aime commandments?
    Judge thee not too hastily any promising Aime, lest we forget the lesson of Naruto.
    The show may be wonderful (I know nothing about it), but it takes more than one episode to declare "awesome".
  • Have you forgotten one of the Aime commandments?
    Judge thee not too hastily any promising Aime, lest we forget the lesson of Naruto.
    The show may be wonderful (I know nothing about it), but it takes more than one episode to declare "awesome".
    Cross Game, Eden of the East, Basquash, Valkyria Chronicles, FMA 2, and Sengoku Basara (in an ironic, Hokuto no Ken sense), all have fantastic first episodes, but a common thread I see in all of them is that they all have the potential to rapidly degenerate into being terrible. I have my doubts that Cross Game will continue to be good, Sengoku Basara might easily become more annoying than entertaining, Eden of the East could dwindle and become an extremely boring pretentious intellectual circle-jerk, FMA could be merely a high-def remake of the first series (which, admittedly, wouldn't be so bad), and Basquash and Valkyria Chronicles could easily become mediocre shows. But given the quality I've seen in all of them, chances are at least one of these shows will be awesome.
    Have you forgotten one of the Aime commandments?
    Cross Game is based on an Adachi manga, so it is probably pretty good(although I hate the faces of all his main character guys, also, how many baseball/high school/romantic comedy manga has he made? It seems like there is an infinite amount).
  • become an extremely boring pretentious intellectual circle-jerk
    Like your mom?
    Another G-Gundam lover!
    Yes, I am quite the G Gundam fan also...Rose Gundam
    Another G-Gundam lover!
    Yes, I am quite the G Gundam fan also...Rose Gundam
    Not Another quote pyramid!
  • I'm really digging Sengoku Basara mainly because episode 2. Eden of the East was also good I saw episode 2 of that just now.