This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GBA games to play on a DS.

edited July 2006 in Video Games
As a companion thread to the DS game thread, what are your favorite GBA games? I'm going to Hawaii and I already have a few DS games, but if I had a top 5 list of GBA games to look for, that would be all the better.

Comments

• If I had to pick just 5 GBA games I would pick

Advance Wars 1+2
    Golden Sun 1+2
    Mario + Luigi: Superstar Saga
    Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission
    Mario Kart: Super Circuit
    Mario 3

Did I cheat?
  • As far as original GBA titles go, I would recommend:

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - I love this game. It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played and also one of the flat out funniest.

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow - This game is one of best example of a Metroidvania on the GBA (Metroid Fusion counts, but it feels much more linear).

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - I played this game for at least 4 months. It is ridiculously long and ridiculously good. I hear Tactics Ogre is also good, but plays much slower.

Warioware Mega Microgame$ - This is of the most absurd games I've played, as well as one of the fastest.

Astro Boy: Omega Factor - This one flew under most people's radar, and it's surprisingly good. Developed by Treasure, it's an old-school beat-em-up/shmup that's also quite difficult.

I have also heard good things about (but haven't played) Ninja 5-0. I would love to play this one so hard, but apparantly it plays like a spiritual love child between Elevator Action and Bionic Commando, but remains terribly hard to find though. Finally, I also hear tell that the Tony Hawk games are also pretty good on the GBA. If you include remakes and ports, Legend of Zelda Link To The Past is great, as are Mario 3, Yoshi's Island, Final Fantasy 4, Super Mario World, the NES classics,
  • Don't kill but I choose harvest moon. (any of them.)
  • I picked up Advance Wars DS and Mario + Luigi: Superstar Saga at Game Stop & EB Games today. The clerk at Game Stop was very nice so I told him about Geeknights and he seemed interested. He was definitely a geek.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap was really good.
  • It's all right, but I was seriously disappointed by Minish Cap. I beat it in pretty-much one shot, never getting lost and never dying.
  • Rebalstar Command (if you like a squad based tacticial command games)

ummm.. if I'm not naming games that have already been listed. Final Fantasy 4 and 6 (when the later comes out)
  • That game disappoint me to no end.