This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Webcomics

Comments

• I stumbled on this one a few weeks back, and its a pretty brilliant webcomic. Plus it has some great looking art, and framing.
  • I regularly read xkcd, Dr. McNinja, Penny Arcade, VG Cats, and Wondermark, as well as Dinosaur Comics and KC Green's, though sporatically. Also, thanks to Kiey for Dresden. Anything involving tiny psychologists is awesome.
  • I don't read a lot of webcomics. The comics on my favourites list are Achewood, Bunny, Dresden Codak, Girl Genius, Lackadaisy, Scary Go Round and Skin Horse. I used to read Sluggy Freelance and Shortpacked, but I think they suck now. I argued with John Solomon on his blog a couple of times. You can see me in the comments (under the name "Robert Kelly") for the last entry they put up before they stopped updating. I also randomly read Penny Arcade.

I miss Narbonic.
  • I've since started reading Order of the Stick, xkcd, Brawl in the Family, and Lackadaisy.
  • I stumbled on this one a few weeks back, and its apretty brilliant webcomic. Plus it has some great looking art, and framing.
    I am loving this comic, but there are many moments in which the information comes in one ear and goes right out the other.
  • I wish I had more time to read webcomics (and more time to read everything, actually -- I've got a shelf full of books and graphic novels that are gonna take me years to get through at this rate), but I regularly read Freakangels, Penny Arcade, Dinosaur Comics, XKCD, Monuments to Mediocrity (pretty new -- get in on the ground floor!), and what is in my opinion the Calvin & Hobbes of webcomics (in that it's beautifully drawn and completely magical), something I haven't seen mentioned here yet, The Abominable Charles Christopher. Go ahead. Read it. I dare you not to cry at least once.
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • The best webcomics I have read are Count Your Sheep and Emergency Exit.

I get the same feeling from reading Count Your Sheep that I do from reading Calvin and Hobbes.

Emergency Exit is a great comic that accomplishes telling a semi-serious story and telling a joke at the end of each page. If you like manga and anime, you'd probably like Emergency Exit.
  • I recently got into Sinfest, though I can't remember if I found it through the FRC forums or somewhere else.
  • So far my favorite web-comic is either Applegeeks or Johnny Wander. xkcd is definitely a classic though, I have a friend who's absolutely obsessed and I almost met Randall Munroe! *Totally going to start Geeking-Out any second now*
  • I was part of Randall's class at MIT's Splash program. He was teaching about energy and how to think about it. We calculated how much horsepower Yoda exerted pulling an X-Wing out of the Dagobah swamp. Even surrounded by some of his biggest fans, he's totally straightfaced.
  • Only comics you need are Gunshow and Monster Killers.
  • Apparently you also need Forming, which is about all of the gods at the dawn of human time except the gods are all aliens and they say some cuss words and it's funny.
  • Scandanavia and the World's pretty good. Might be a little too Hetalia for some tastes, but it has learned me a bit about those Nordic countries.
  • edited October 2010
    Monster Killers.
    This is how I want to draw. Or like KC Green. I dunno.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Might be a little too Hetalia for some tastes, but it has learned me a bit about those Nordic countries.
    Aww, yeah! Hetalia is to my taste, and a gijinka comic all about Scandinavia? I'm there!
  • Monster Killers.
    This is how I want to draw. Or like KC Green. I dunno.
    You and me both, man.
  • MP Paint Adventures is the side comic for the best comic ever, Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited October 2010
    Edit:
    What the hell..... I accidentally posted in webcomics while I thought I was posting in recently seen anime.
    No worries.
    Post edited by Sixthpence on
  • I recently saw summer wars and I was in tears. I'm not kidding. I love that movie.
    King Kazma ftw.
  • King Kazma ftw.
    Freaking. Hell. Yes.
    I have added King Kazma to my on-going list of names for cats.
    edited October 2010
    Post edited by ... on
  • King Kazma ftw.
    Grandma > King Kazma.
    I know you must hate, but why?
    ISN'T THERE SOME GOOD IN YOUR HEART OH WISE ONE?
    edited October 2010
    Post edited by ... on
  • I'm not hating, jesus_fucking_christ.jpg. I'm just saying that the grandmother is more awesome. Not that I hate King Kazma.
    Nine, get your name and avatar back, you silly motherfucker.
    edited October 2010
    Post edited by ... on