This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Webcomics

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I submit for your approval: Brat-Halla
    Brat-Halla, The Norse Mythology Parody webcomic.
    My daughter really likes it, and I find it pretty cool.
    Post edited by ricardocameron on
  • Monster Pulse is a fairly new comic with an awesome premise!
  • Oh, Invisible Bread, you know me, and I think I'm safe to assume other forummites, all too well.

• The "play games till you pass out" diet.
  • edited November 2011
    There is a panel missing where the pizza delivery guy drops off his pizza.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • edited December 2012
    Heavenly Nostrils is adorable and funny in that Calvin and Hobbes kind of way, very much in the vein of the creator's previous work (Ozy and Millie). Some of the jokes get kind of repetitive, but they're good jokes at least, and they're supported by very likeable characters. It's a daily strip, so there's a large archive built up since its debut earlier in the year, but each strip is usually only four panels, so it's a good one to just breeze through the archives on.

Plus, come on: Marigold Heavenly Nostrils. How is that not the best name ever for anything, let alone a unicorn? ♥
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I don't think I could keep up with all of these. These two are the ones I *do* keep up with that haven't been listed yet:

Godseeker
    Cordyceps Tickles
  • I don't think I could keep up with all of these. These two are the ones I *do* keep up with that haven't been listed yet:

Godseeker
    Cordyceps Tickles
    Fixed links.
  • Emily's mentioned this before in the TotD thread and I just want to make sure it gets said here too: Nimona is adoribawesome. ♥ ♥ ♥ Aaahhh~
  • edited February 2013
    Achewood is being pitched as a television series. I am cautiously optimistic; at the very least, we now have Ray's gothic dance more fully-animated than ever before.
    Post edited by pence on
  • edited February 2013
    Achewood is being pitched as a television series. I am cautiously optimistic; at the very least, we now have Ray's gothic dance more fully-animated than ever before.
    This will never be topped
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • So some webcomicry about a wandering guy named Johnny and his trusted batman Conrad just shipped their Kickstarter rewards, and now I have a complete set of all three volumes.
  • I got mine last week with my tote bag. I have an extra vol. 1. I'll finally get to meet Yuko this weekend at Emerald City Comicon and have her sign my vol. 2 & 3. I'm going to probably give them back vol. 1 to give to some poor fan.
  • Seriously love reading every new Science comic. I believe he's part of PA's Strip Search, but I haven't watched any of it.

• I discovered this dude at Emerald City Comic Con. It's just one panel type comics about tragic scenarios that really aren't tragic, but hilarious.

http://tragedyseries.tumblr.com/
  • So I have been kinda obsessed with this comic, Check Please! It's about a college hockey team in the Boston area, and the main character is a short Southern boy who is a former figure skater-turned hockey player. Kinda a fish out of water story, but the protagonist Bitty is really endearing and actually really decent at hockey despite his fear of getting hit.
    I got really into hockey last year (although I always liked it) when the Rangers were contenders for the Stanley Cup, and I've been pretty invested in this NHL season. This comic came along at the right time - it's a sports story, which I have a weakness for, and it is also super bromantic. I think the most interesting thing about it is that it plays out in mostly real time, and that a lot of the story is told through blog posts and the fictional twitter account of the main character. I love that kind of transmedia storytelling.
  • X-post in board games thread. There is this really cute new comic about board games.

http://www.semicoop.com/comic/just-a-game/

• gomidog said:

So I have been kinda obsessed with this comic, Check Please! It's about a college hockey team in the Boston area, and the main character is a short Southern boy who is a former figure skater-turned hockey player. Kinda a fish out of water story, but the protagonist Bitty is really endearing and actually really decent at hockey despite his fear of getting hit.
    I got really into hockey last year (although I always liked it) when the Rangers were contenders for the Stanley Cup, and I've been pretty invested in this NHL season. This comic came along at the right time - it's a sports story, which I have a weakness for, and it is also super bromantic. I think the most interesting thing about it is that it plays out in mostly real time, and that a lot of the story is told through blog posts and the fictional twitter account of the main character. I love that kind of transmedia storytelling.

I was sold after the first page, that poor poor pie.
  • How did I miss Gomi's post? That comic is fantastic.
  • Well I just read the first semester of comics and Check Please is completely adorable.
  • AmpAmp
    edited May 2015
    Just bombed through it all, now to spend the rest of the time wondering when it will update next.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • Once I saw how short it was I read through the whole thing at work. I thought that since it was kickstarting a book that it would have more material. That is going to be one tiny book, no?

Also, this is the best part of the whole thing.

• Just backed the Kickstarter which is already like 380% funded because I wanted a book of this.
  • chaosof99 said:

Just backed the Kickstarter which is already like 380% funded because I wanted a book of this.

I would, but it's going to be such a tiny book, and I just read it.
  • Apreche said:

chaosof99 said:

Just backed the Kickstarter which is already like 380% funded because I wanted a book of this.

I would, but it's going to be such a tiny book, and I just read it.
    But you can share it with your non-webcomic reading friends!
  • Well, shit, I just read all of that. Adding THAT to the list.
  • Critical Miss has some real hits (get it?)
  • Dat face in panel 4.
  • Cucumber Quest just got real. Go read it now.
  • Cucumber Quest just got real. Go read it now.

I'm reading the paper edition. Volume 3 is rising in my stack.