This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Checklists can save a life

edited January 2009 in Everything Else
Studies: Surgeons could save lives, $20B by using checklist Thought this was a interesting study. I always presumed something like a check list was already used before doing surgery. Guess I was wrong.

Comments

• As an ISO/IEC trained auditor, I highly approve of rigorous and thorough checklists. Standarized work ftw!
  • As an ISO/IEC trained auditor, I highly approve of rigorous and thorough checklists. Standarized work ftw!
    ISO 3103 is my favorite.
    ISO 3103 is my favorite.
    I wonder what a cup of tea brewed to those exact specifications tastes like?
  • I use a checklist for packing when traveling. It has saved me many times.
  • I have my Zombie Apocalypse Checklist pinned to my closet door. I'll post it sometime.
  • Almost every night before a day where I think I will have free time, I'll make a checklist of stuff I should spend that time doing. Otherwise, I'll get distracted early on in the day, and never think of the stuff I should be doing. Not only can checklists save a life, they can save time as well!

Yaayyy checklist!
  • ISO 3103 is my favorite.
    Oh my god, did you look that one up when I think you did?