This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geeknights Forum Events

edited January 2009 in Everything Else
I am establishing this thread is for the organization of events based around the Geeknights Forum's members getting together over the Internet. This includes GeektTalk's, GeekChat's, and forum gaming events (i. e. Getting together for a game of Counter Strike).

I would like to have another Geektalk at about 5:30 MST next Saturday. If anyone is interested in participating, please RSVP in this thread, that would be very helpful. To stay true to the spirit of the GeekTalk, we will need someone in the call to have a recording device, so I ask Sonic and Luke Barrage in particular to consider participating.

Comments

• I can't make it. I'm away with work.
  • I will try and get my new mic. before then.
  • Again, I'll try to come. No promises.

Are people coming on the 4th to the Scott Pilgrim book thing, mentioned here?
  • Again, I'll try to come. No promises.

Are people coming on the 4th to the Scott Pilgrim book thing, mentionedhere?
    I probably will. Still debating.
  • edited January 2009
    I'm basically posting in this thread now so that the upcoming GeekTalk doesn't fall from the mind of the forum-members (which doesn't extend beyond) the first page. In other words: bump.

Also, does anyone want to get together for some L4D? I think it would be pretty epic to get together an all FRC-Forums versus game.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I'm basically posting in this thread now so that the upcoming GeekTalk doesn't fall from the mind of the forum-members (which doesn't extend beyond) the first page. In other words: bump.

Also, does anyone want to get together for some L4D? I think it would be pretty epic to get together an all FRC-Forums versus game.
    It'd be tough to balance the teams, and it would suck if we didn't balance them. It could be fixed by just kicking out the sub-par players, but that would get me kicked out, so i'm not about to suggest it. :P
  • edited January 2009
    I have to admit, I'm pretty much done with L4D after playing each Campaign one or two times and like two rounds of versus. Tactical play is almost zero and it's essentially a rails shooter that lets you have some degree of freedom.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • It'd be tough to balance the teams, and it would suck if we didn't balance them. It could be fixed by just kicking out the sub-par players, but that would get me kicked out, so i'm not about to suggest it. :P
    Eh? then couldn't the sub-par players go and start their own game? I would certainly classify myself as a sub-par player, but I'm not about to let me getting owned stop me from playing.
  • I'm a sub-par player, and I most certainly won't stop playing (much to my future team's chagrin).

As for the GeekChat, I have an SAT earlier, but I should be done by then.
  • I think I'm game for this, don't talk on these forums much and have never done a GeekChat though. With that in mind I'd need to setup a Skype account (which is what you use?) and make sure it's working.

The only other thing is i hope you could put it on a bit earlier, in Albion here it'll be 12.30 start time.
  • All right, I won't be able to join Saturday. Going to my mom this weekend.
  • I think it would be best if we schedule the GeekTalk after next during this coming GeekTalk. bees knees, I think you should tough it out this Saturday and participate in the scheduling. Another option is to just make another GeekTalk (crazy I know), say have our esteemed European forum members start their own GeekTalk-Europe preceding GeekTalk-America by a few hours. There's nothing stopping you from having your own GeekTalk, all you need is to get some forum members together and have them call in.
  • So... GeekTalk Pan-America, GeekTalk Europe, and GeekTalk Asia?
    It's like some big corporation.
  • Why not be a big organization, it would be so freaking cool. I still think we should make the Geekhaus Network. I'm thinking we should call it something like the Suborbital Maglev. It would be like the Underground Railroad, except we wouldn't be slaves fleeing the South for the Mason-Dixon Line, we would be Geeks traveling the world as part of some international intrigue, or vacation, vacation works too.

Anyways, GeekTalk is tomorrow I hope to see you all there.
  • So, GeekTalk's today, it'll be starting at these times:
    GMT-5/EST: 7:30 PM,
    GMT-7/MST 5:30 PM,
    GMT-8/PST: 4:30 PM,
    GMT+0: 12:30 PM, and
    GMT+1: 1:30 AM.
    When the time roll's around in your time zone, message me over Skype and I will add you to the call.
  • At the beginning of 5:30 MST GeekChat was beginning.
  • what happen?
  • Somebody hang us up the GeekChat.
  • edited January 2009
    Hey everybody. Just so you know the GeekChat is on. We were just making witty replies to other peoples witty replies.

So if you want to join, just message me.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • We get new caller!
  • main skype turn on!
  • edited January 2009
    main skype turn on!
    You win.

It's you!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I believe I have showed you all something you will never forget.
  • I believe I have showed you all something you will never forget.
    Like I would ever want to.
  • Impromptu Geekchat starting... NOW.
    Message me and I'll add you to the call.
  • Is anyone up for some Xbox 360 Burnout Paradise? I'm not sure if it's cross-platform.
    We'll settle on a date and time when I got locations and available times of a couple of people.
  • Damn I've had a sudden urge to play Burnout Paradise but an XB3 is way down on my list of purchases.
  • Sadly, I only have the PS3 version. Everyone buy a PS3 NOW!
  • Give me the money for it and I will do so gladly.
  • Well, send me all your bank account details (including credit card numbers), and I'll "give you the money".