This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New hair cut, any suggestions?

edited January 2009 in Everything Else
Due to my hair beginning to give out, I think it's time for me to hang up my stupidly long hair, but I don't know how to cut it. Any suggestions? I have a square chin and use square thick rim glasses.

Comments

• Pic needed for illustration and Photoshop fun.
    I was kind of going in the other direction on that one.
  • FUCKING PROTEIN! WHERE'S MY FUCKING PROTEIN!!??

LMAO!
    I'm asking because I don't want to do that.
  • Let me the first to say that Jager is terrible, and Jager bombs are even worse.

I'd need to see a photo to give a good suggestion. Otherwise, if you can't come up with something, ask a female friend for some advice as to what they think might look good. Go to a good stylist; they'll have a decent idea as to how to make your hair look good.
  • Go all the way with a crew cut. Cute girls will want to rub your head to feel how fuzzy it is.
  • Go all the way with a crew cut. Cute girls will want to rub your head to feel how fuzzy it is.
    I don't think my better half will like that. XD
  • A classic.

• Oh, c'mon. We wouldn't want him to look like a fish....
  • Pro tip: Go to a barber. A real barber. He will ask you how long you want it, and if there's a style you like. If you wear hats, tell him what kind of hat (fedora, cap, etc). That's all.
    Yes we would, don't lie to yourself. Man, I wish my hair was long enough for that. The only time I would use gel would be to achieve that.
    Pro tip: Go to a barber. A real barber. He will ask you how long you want it, and if there's a style you like. If you wear hats, tell him what kind of hat (fedora, cap, etc). That's all.
    Perhaps give some pointers as to how to recognize whether a barber is a real barber or not?
  • Find a barber with a good haircut, then go to the nearest barber from that one =D
    QFT. The best and easiest way is to shave it. You will not regret anything.
  • edited January 2009
    Haha, I like lackofcheese's idea.

As for finding a real barber, I suppose google maps + reviews is the best solution. Apart from asking the local old men, of course.

EDIT: Here's a pretty good article on barbershops.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
    Yes we would, don't lie to yourself. Man, I wish my hair was long enough for that. The only time I would use gel would be to achieve that.
    If my hair was long like that, it would be all my hair and I would make it so I look like I was about to go Super Saiyan.
    If my hair was long like that, it would be all my hair and I would make it so I look like I was about to go Super Saiyan.
    MY hair is still around my hip...
  • edited January 2009
    If you have wavy hair:

If you have curly hair:

If you have strait hair:
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • QFT. The best and easiest way is to shave it. You will not regret anything.
    At least give it a try. You won't believe the time it saves in the morning and how much cooler a shaved head feels in the summer.
  • Fantastic Sam's
  • There's no Fantastic Sam's in a 50 mile radius...
  • There's no Fantastic Sam's in a 50 mile radius...
    Actually, that was kind of a joke. You don't really want to go there.

When I was in college, I would go to this cosmetology school to have my hair cut. It was about half the cost of a normal cut and it furthered the education/experience of the people going to school there.