This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Algebra 2 help.

edited January 2009 in Everything Else
m/(a+(x/(b+(d/c))))

Simplify, plz.

Comments

• Not your personal army.
  • edited January 2009
    Yeah, figured it out anyway. >:U

(mbc+md)/(abc+ad+xc)
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited January 2009
    m/(a+(x/(bc+d)/c))

m/(a+(cx/(bc+d)))

m/(a(bc+d)+cx)/(bc+d)

(m(bc+d))/(a(bc+d)+cx)

(mbc+mbd)/(abc+ad+cx)
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Not your personal army.
    gb2/b/.
  • gb2/b/.
    gb2gaia
  • (mbc+md)/(abc+ad+xc)
    Correct.
    (mbc+mbd)/(abc+ad+cx)
    Incorrect. You distributed wrong. Should just be md.
    edited January 2009
    Not your personal army.
    gb2/b/.
    gb2gaia
    Damnit, and I just sealed the portal to hell. Well, lets hope we get more snow over here this month.
    Beat me to it.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited January 2009
    (mbc+md)/(abc+ad+xc)
    Correct.
    (mbc+mbd)/(abc+ad+cx)
    You are right. I was wrong. :( I have no idea how that "b" got in there. How embarassing.
  • Could someone tell me in which grade they teach this stuff in America? I'd be very interested to know ...
  • Could someone tell me in which grade they teach this stuff in America? I'd be very interested to know ...
    Many people get it earlier and some get it later, but I think most people have it during sophomore year in high school.
    Algebra classes usually begin around eighth grade at my school, depending on weather or not you test into it. In my opinion anything later than that is pretty pathetic on the part of the school.
  • edited January 2009
    You are right. I was wrong. :( I have no idea how that "b" got in there. How embarassing.
    Damn, I need to find a manga where people do algebra as a way of shonen-style competition.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • You are right. I was wrong. :( I have no idea how that "b" got in there. How embarassing.
    Damn, I need to find a manga where people do algebra as a way of shonen-style competition.
    Holy shit, Detroit Algebra City.
  • You are right. I was wrong. :( I have no idea how that "b" got in there. How embarassing.
    It must happen!
  • edited January 2009
    We have "The Manga Guide to Statistics" but no algebra shonen fighting manga.

After further investigation: The Manga Guides to Statistics, Calculus, Databases, Physics and Electricity.
    Kinda pricey though: 213 pages (contents -> "View the detailed Table of Contents (PDF)") for $20
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited January 2009
    It must happen!
    It would be a lot easier if the forum had an equation editor.
  • It would be a lot easier if the forum had an equation editor.
    Make one.
    I started algebra 1 in 8th grade. Algebra 2 comes around in high school either sophomore or junior year. I took mine sophomore because I was in a higher level math program. The kids in the normal math program took it junior year and never got to calc.
    I started algebra 1 in 8th grade. Algebra 2 comes around in high school either sophomore or junior year. I took mine sophomore because I was in a higher level math program. The kids in the normal math program took it junior year and never got to calc.
    Yeah, that's the same as my school.
    It must happen!
    It's Krauser's Famous Ten (x²-(2+?)x+1+?7+?)(x²-(2-?)x+1+?7-?) a Second!