This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FoxTrot 01/18/2009

edited January 2009 in Everything Else
I thought this Foxtrot was funny, and the Wampa is really cute.
So I remixed it

Comments

• Foxtrot is one of the Three Worthwhile Newspaper Comics.
    The other two are Dilbert and Pearls Before Swine.
  • I never understood where "woman" came from.
  • It came from the Old Negro Space Program. (Mildly NSFW).
  • I never understood where "woman" came from.
    That was a quite good (or enjoyable, or awesome, if you will) video.
  • I feel enlightened. Or, rather, emblackened.
  • It came from theOld Negro Space Program. (Mildly NSFW).
    That reminds me of John Hodgman's "Hobo Matters" so much.

• Fantastic.
    You forgot Doonesbury.
    You forgot Doonesbury.
    No, I didn't.
    You forgot Doonesbury.
    No, I didn't.
    But you did forget Calvin and Hobbes.
    You forgot Doonesbury.
    No, I didn't.
    But you did forget Calvin and Hobbes.
    I meant currently running in newspapers. Sorry for not making that clear.
  • edited January 2009
    Doonesbury > Dilbert

If you disagree, you are wrong.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Doonesbury > Dilbert

If you disagree, you are wrong.
    Both poop. Readable poop, but poop.
  • Doonesbury > Dilbert
    Calvin and Hobbes > Penny Arcade > Bloom County > Doonesbury > Dilbert > Garfield ;^)
  • Doonesbury > Dilbert
    Calvin and Hobbes > Penny Arcade > Bloom County > Doonesbury > Dilbert > Garfield ;^)
    Hm. I put Bloom County on par with Penny Arcade, but that's half nostalgia on my part. Otherwise I concur.

Well, actually:

every other comic in existence > Garfield
  • Garfield > Cathy or Cathy > Garfield?
  • Garfield > Mary Worth ?

Also, Boondocks > all as far as newspaper comics go. I also like the 1 panel ones like speed bump and whatnot.
  • every other comic in existence > Garfield
    I agree with this statement.

I haven't read very much Calvin & Hobbes because I'm not really into comics, but I've heard it's awesome. Some of the few books I've seen/read/seen pictures of look kinda funny.
  • I haven't read very much Calvin & Hobbes because I'm not really into comics
    That's like saying "I'm not into movies," or "I'm not into books." You honestly dislike the specific medium of comics? This includes manga, political cartoons, newspaper comics, graphic novels, and more.
  • edited January 2009
    Garfield > Cathy or Cathy > Garfield?
    I know I'll catch flack for this, but y'know what? Cathy > Garfield. At least Cathy eventually got married. Garfield has never, ever changed as a character. Ever.

EDIT: How do people feel about The Far Side? I remember really liking it when I was younger, but my love for it has sort of been dwindling lately.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • How do people feel aboutThe Far Side? I remember really liking it when I was younger, but my love for it has sort of been dwindling lately.
    The Far Side was funny before we had the Internet. It was novel at the time: it was one of the first really mainstream "out there" comics. Now, without the novelty of being something fresh, it's about the level of an average webcomic.
  • I've actually recently discovered Lio. It's not bad.
    No one's ever mentioned that comic before.
    No one's ever mentioned that comic before.
    I learned about it in the Comics Journal.
  • edited January 2009
    Despite the risk of being Lynched, I will admit I kind of like the comic "Nemi".

Edit - rephrased because it sounded odd when I read it back.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • That's like saying "I'm not into movies," or "I'm not into books." You honestly dislike the specificmediumof comics? This includes manga, political cartoons, newspaper comics, graphic novels, and more.
    Honestly it's not that rare for people to dislike entire mediums. Most high school kids dislike the entire book medium (god damn, it makes me rage when I see so many "don't give a fuck" entries for the "books" section in facebook. I mean, my section isn't large...but I at least give a fuck).

Personally, I'm not a big movie fan. A large majority of the time I find my self unable to sit through a 2-3 hour movie because it's boring or dragged out. About the only times I'll ever sit through an entire movie are when I go to a theater (which is only when people ask me to go, typically) or if it's really good. I have a few friends who are exactly like that, too.
  • Honestly it's not that rare for people to dislike entire mediums.
    That doesn't excuse it.
    Most high school kids dislike the entire book medium
    I would argue that only the uninspired, unintellectual, or otherwise troubled ones did so. I have never in my life met anyone I would consider successful or consisting of worthwhile company who did not enjoy to read.
    Personally, I'm not a big movie fan. A large majority of the time I find my self unable to sit through a 2-3 hour movie because it's boring or dragged out
    Wow. You're either watching only terrible movies, or you have no actual attention span to speak of.
  • Wow. You're either watching only terrible movies, or you have no actual attention span to speak of.
    It's somewhere in between. Personally I just think that 99% of the time I have a lot better stuff to do with 1.5-3 hours of my time than sit in front of the TV or computer watching a movie.
    I have never in my life met anyone I would consider successful or consisting of worthwhile company who did not enjoy to read.
    Well, it really just depends. I was talking about the (mostly fiction) book medium. Just because someone doesn't enjoy that, doesn't mean they don't like reading other things.
  • Wow. You're either watching only terrible movies, or you have no actual attention span to speak of.
    My wife is the later. She has mild ADD and finds it very difficult to turn her attention on a movie -- or anything else -- for much more than 30 minutes at a time. This is why we do not go to the cinema very often, and why I watch a significant number of rentals alone.

She still loves to read, BTW. She devours books in half-hour increments, finishing about one a week. I marathon about a book a week in a few sittings, then cool for a few days until I pick up another one.