This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Plain Sight

edited January 2009 in Video Games

You can download the open beta here.

Comments

• Concept looks solid, I'll try it when I get home
  • Ah, this sounds like a good idea.
  • Very interesting. Will definitely try it when I get home.
  • Put me in the "I'll try it when I get home" group.
  • edited January 2009
    Wow, Steam has spoiled me to the point that I am considering not bothering just because the .net download is taking forever for just 54mb. How things change..

Also: @Andrew, are you working on this?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Also: @Andrew, are you working on this?
    No.

I've had severe issues with the networking to point where I can't even play. Also, I messed around a bit in LAN mode and the camera has issues at times clipping though objects.
  • I've had severe issues with the networking
    In the past 34 minutes, I've only been able to get into one actual game, which ended 30 seconds later. Otherwise, the setup is ass.
  • Set up is killing me too. I'm kinda sad. I was excited about it.
  • Managed to play a couple of times, the more there are, the better, I started with 7 people and slowly got down to 2 where obviously the bigger player dominated, my only complaint was actually with the .NET framework install it took ages to setup. For $10 an hopefully some improvements as well as power-ups or something to balance the game a bit will be well worth it, heck if you get 3 hours of fun out of it, then its well worth it (its about as much as you spend to go to a movie theater)
  • Setup was ass. Didn't load once installed.
  • I notice this problem with many video games lately. They have a really good idea, but they fail to execute on the basics. No smooth controls, instability, bad user interface. If you don't get that stuff right, your game will fail even if your idea is awesome.
  • God, yes, that idea is awesome. However, I am totally scared away from it by the troubles people are reporting.
  • Put me in the "scared away" group now, I don't think I want to try it anymore since the reception to this game is pretty poor.
  • So, this game is actually out now. For $10 on Steam.
  • Anyone wanna go in on a 4-pack?
  • I'd go in on it.
  • No demo?
  • Says there will be one "sometime after launch", which was ten days ago, so it's probably not too long off.
  • Considering getting it, since it's cheap. Would anyone recommend it?
  • Well, I got it. But the servers are COMPLETELY empty. Not one person playing. Could just be a bad time of night, but that is frustrating. Some of you guys should get this game so we can have matches. It's only $10, nothing to lose.
  • I'm seriously tempted. Thing is, I've purchased a bunch of games recently that I haven't even touched yet, and I really ought to be saving for things down the road... $10 here, $10 there, it adds up.
  • This game is INSANE.
  • This game is INSANE.
    Are people playing online now? Does this game have a community?

I might buy it.
  • I will not deny that the number of people playing it is still small, so if that bothers you, then don't get it. There's usually one full server (~20 players) and then one half full server. But if you get into that full server, it's a raucous time. This would be an excellent game to have at a LAN party.
  • I will not deny that the number of people playing it is still small, so if that bothers you, then don't get it. There's usually one full server (~20 players) and then one half full server. But if you get into that full server, it's a raucous time. This would be an excellent game to have at a LAN party.
    But with such a small community, the game is damned to wallow and eventually die.
  • I can't deny that that is true, but it is unfortunate. Even if the demo comes out now, it's probably too little too late.