This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Tora-con 2009

13»

Comments

• Well...Dang...The first day of Tora-Con was awesome because of the guests, but...The demographic has changed completely. It's worse than Otakon...90% of the people are Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater, or Ouran, and they all buy their costumes or major parts of their costumes...There were so few original and interesting cosplayers like the ones I saw last year at Tora-Con or at Otakon...The cosplay contest was all random people dancing in costumes that I sort of recognized, but not really. Ugh...This convention has made me, at 18, feel old.
    Oh well, there's enough to do today that it should be a good time.
  • Tora-con definitely skews more to a high school aged, and younger, crowd (at least in my experience this year and last year, although this year it seems to more so.)
  • edited April 2010
    Tora-con definitely skews more to a high school aged, and younger, crowd (at least in my experience this year and last year, although this year it seems to more so.)
    Definitely moreso this year, I saw a lot of awesome cosplay last year, but this year it was oversaturated by Naruto and Bleach...Oh well. What can I expect?
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Yeah. The operations weren't really what you'd consider "acceptable," but at least I spent all Sunday hanging out with Billy West. He's a pretty cool guy.
  • Yeah. The operations weren't really what you'd consider "acceptable," but at least I spent all Sunday hanging out with Billy West. He's a pretty cool guy.
    You also stopped by Yuko's table and forgot to introduce myself.
  • That was you!
  • Hey, so on the Tora-Con 2011 schedule, there's a panel called Beyond D&D. I'm assuming it's not you guys, so you probably got your panel ripped off.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey, so on the Tora-Con 2011 schedule, there's a panel called Beyond D&D.; I'm assuming it's not you guys, so you probably got your panel ripped off.
    So what? Creative Commons. It's probably Uncle Yo or something.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Hey, so on the Tora-Con 2011 schedule, there's a panel called Beyond D&D.; I'm assuming it's not you guys, so you probably got your panel ripped off.
    So what? Creative Commons. It's probably Uncle Yo or something.
    Ohhhhhhh
    Gotcha.