This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I was riding my mountain bike in the rain yesterday, lost control and slammed headfirst into the end of one of those iron dividers usually seen on the side of a highway. I flew over the handlebars, went a good 7 feet, and proceeded to land on my hands and feet on top of the rail. Not a scratch on me, and I felt pretty cool, but my bike was pretty messed up. <:P
    The punchline: My friend was laughing so hard at me that <i>he crashed into a metal pole. xD Karma!
  • I happen to detect a corporate wide virus on Friday and proceeded to identified, clean it and inform the greater corporation of the threat. While my IT department (at least the ones that know what they are doing) were on vacation. I also proposed how the virus could have spread and identified the problem 48 hours before corporate IT (which had been ignoring it) even decided to ask if the errors they were getting was a virus..... And I'm not in the IT department. *sigh*

The funny part is they didn't agree with what I came up with as a theory but I presented enough evidence that someone who sets up the computers at a different location screwed up.
  • Got a job offer today. Normally a job offer wouldn't be a BOOH YAH! moment, but this one has some special bonuses:

1) I get compensated pretty well. For a good reason, too, as it is menial filing and data entry.
    2) I get to set all my own hours. They're hiring up a ton of people to get the entry done fast, as this company is trying to go paperless as fast as possible. The woman who called me literally said, "Come in and work whenever you like. Afternoon, evening, anytime is good."
    3) It's in a pretty cool area of Chicago, where I can consistently get authentic Mexican food for lunch. Dirt cheap, too.
  • Had my Astronomy and Astrophysics exam today for half of my final Physics A-level, and you could not have imagined a better paper! All the calculations were fine, I finished in a third of the time, and everyone seems to agree on the answers! To top it off; I've officially finished 6th form in under a week. Things are looking good.
  • Boo yah: won $50 at a slot/poker/fruit machine. My secret to success - use other people's money. Downside: as the technician wrote up my "jackpot" slip to give to the cashier, I saw a readout of the machine's lifetime earnings - over $2,000,000 received and around $1,700,000 out. And that was only one machine amongst maybe 80-100. That's a lot of old people pension cheques.
  • I was just offered 15k shares in the web startup I work for. Best case scenario: we become super popular and I'm set monetarily. Worst case: it looks really good on my resume.

Obama's Organizing For America is our largest client, and we haven't even launched yet.
  • Boo yah: won $50 at a slot/poker/fruit machine. My secret to success - use other people's money. Downside: as the technician wrote up my "jackpot" slip to give to the cashier, I saw a readout of the machine's lifetime earnings - over $2,000,000 received and around $1,700,000 out. And that was only one machine amongst maybe 80-100. That's a lot of old people pension cheques.
    15% just doesn't seem like a lot of profit with all the maintenance those machines must need.
  • I had a presentation for my final project in AP Biology today. I practiced with my teacher before I had to give the presentation, and he told me that it was guaranteed A+ material, and even asked for a copy of the PowerPoint file as an example for future students. The presentation went very well. It was on how pseudoephedrine causes decongestion through vasoconstriction of nasal blood vessels.
  • I got FOUR pairs of comfortable and stylish shoes! Why is this a Boo Yah!? Because I have two feet and one is huge and one is small. I found shoes that fit both and look cool! WOOO!
  • Just got a nice short summer haircut, and to my surprise, I'm not thinning nearly as much as I thought. I think the longer hair just pulled itself out to make it look worse than it actually was. Yay for still having a (mostly) full head of hair!
  • Just got a nice short summer haircut, and to my surprise, I'm not thinning nearly as much as I thought. I think the longer hair just pulled itself out to make it look worse than it actually was. Yay for still having a (mostly) full head of hair!
    Pic please, as I want to see this haircut of which you speak...
  • Ask and you shall receive. From the front:
    I like my chin.

From the back:
    You can see where it's thinning (right around the crown of the head), but it's not bad at all with the short hair. When my hair gets longer, it gets curly and heavy, so it pulls away from the scalp more and makes it look worse than it really is.
  • Ask and you shall receive. From the front:
    I like my chin.

From the back:
    You can see where it's thinning (right around the crown of the head), but it's not bad at all with the short hair. When my hair gets longer, it gets curly and heavy, so it pulls away from the scalp more and makes it look worse than it really is.
    Really nice haircut! I like it a lot, the goatee gives you +3 to Charisma.
  • I like my chin.
    I like your chin.
  • I like my chin.
    I like your chin.
    We all like your chin!
  • I like my chin.
    I like your chin.
    We all like your chin!
    Your chin is okay, I suppose.
    I will miss your Barbershop Quartet look
  • When my hair gets longer, it gets curly and heavy, so it pulls away from the scalp more and makes it look worse than it really is.
    Welcome to my world, bitch.
  • edited June 2009
    When my hair gets longer, it gets curly and heavy, so it pulls away from the scalp more and makes it look worse than it really is.
    Welcome to my world, bitch.
    I'm not bald yet, though I've been told that I would probably look good with a bald head.

EDIT: Which is not to imply that you don't. Your shiny dome is most sexy.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Welcome to my world, bitch.
    This made me lol so hard, I needed to QFT.
  • A2LA has accredited NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets Food Laboratory Albany, NY for technical competence in the field of Chemical Testing and Biological Testing. The laboratory is accredited in accordance with the recognized International Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005. The accreditation demonstrates technical competence for a defined scope and the operation of a laboratory quality management system.
    It took 3 years of writing SOP's, auditing, implementing procedures, refining methods, and drinking, but the lab has received its ISO/IEC accreditation. I personally developed roughly half of the management system for the microbiology section, so I'm wicked proud right now.
  • and drinking
    Wow, it sounds like State work is a sweet deal. ^_~
    Ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for Pee-tah and the Lab Rats!
  • Whooo-hoo! Rock out, civil servant scientist man!
  • I got my drivers licence.
    Sweet! Best day of your life would you say, now that you can go places by yourself?
  • Sweet! Best day of your life would you say, now that you can go places by yourself?
    I don't have insurance yet, so not quite.
    Please follow out the following survey. Are you a 16 year old American punk kid? If you answered yes, expect spiteful congratulations, if you anwered no, expect standard congratulations.
  • Are you a 16 year old American punk kid?
    I can answer that for you - no, no he's not.
  • Standard congratulations.
  • Under the standards you had to do it under, I say massive congratulations.
  • Sweet! Best day of your life would you say, now that you can go places by yourself?
    I don't have insurance yet, so not quite.
    Almost there though!