This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

You Are A Pirate

edited July 2006 in Everything Else
Despite it being diametrically opposed to my namesake, I fell that I should bring this to everyone's attention. Cause A Pirate Is Free

Comments

• Whoa, lose the mailto:// at the top of the link, NinjaNed.

Apart from that hiccup, I believe this is conclusive proof of the awesomeness of pirates. The sheer poetry of that simple flash animation brings a tear to my eyepatch. Yaargh, yargh.

Reasons why pirates rule:
    • They're (occasionally) democratic
    • Their freedom
    • Leadership based on merit, not tradition
    • Their cool names
    • Booty
    • Grog
    • Awesome ships
    • Women pirates
    • Plenty of other stuff I can't think of right now
  • On the other hand my friend's boat got attacked by pirates while she was fleeing Viet Nam and the only reason they survived was that her father had been in the same jail as the head pirate guy, Ninjas don't attack random boats of refugees.
  • yea, real modern day pirates are not cool!

They usually come from third world nations, ususally armed with some sort of rocket launcher and machine guns. And generally don't leave anyone alive afterwards.
  • edited July 2006
    A friend showed me a link to a video of the original TV show that the song came from. Pretty odd to say the least.
    Post edited by Jameskun on
  • Modern pirates may be no fun, but true ninja societies can only exist mainly through leeching off the instability of a divided and warring nation. Hence once Japan became largely unified, the ninja clan's usefullness as a resource for spies, assassins and the like waned. Their existance thus depends on semi-constant conflict, whereas pirates can exist by simply exploiting the naval weaknesses of a market economy.
    Pirates truly fear only one man, and his name is Pompey the Great!