This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX 2009

Comments

• RIT's starting late this year, so I'm going to fly from PAX to Rochacha the day before classes. I think it's fitting. (I'm moving in before PAX, and flying out there. See all of you in Seattle!)
  • So who is confirmed for PAX? Just wondering.
  • I'll be there.
  • I'll be there.
    Awesome. I am trying to plan on making little presents for FRC forum members that are going to be there. Just want to get a headcount so I can start working on my project.
  • You know what would be cool in a future PAX some day, if they invited Daft Punk to do a concert on either of the two nights concerts will happen. I bet that would be a rockin' time.
  • I'm coming, too! Yay PAX!
  • I'm coming, too! Yay PAX!
    Yay! I'm so excited! We must hang out.
  • Most definitely.
  • Schedule is up!

Now, to figure out how to print it and being able to read it.
  • For a second I thought that from 2 to 3 PM on Sunday, Gabe and Tycho would be singing.
  • FYI, there will be buttons.

• FYI, there will be buttons.

Do you have your own button-badge press, or are you having them made?
  • edited August 2009
    Do you have your own button-badge press, or are you having them made?
    Having them made by PureButtons with the PAX Buttoneer discount.

I looked into buying my own button-badge press, but it's crazy expensive to buy one.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Having them made byPureButtonswith thePAX Buttoneerdiscount.

I looked into buying my own button-badge press, but it's crazy expensive to buy one.
    Fair play, and echo that about the Badge-presses. Isn't the minimum order for Purebuttons somewhere in the region of 50-100 badges, though?
  • Fair play, and echo that about the Badge-presses. Isn't the minimum order for Purebuttons somewhere in the region of 50-100 badges, though?
    Yes. I ordered 250.
  • Yes. I ordered 250.
    You really think there will be 250 GeekNights listeners/people there? I think 250 will be enough to cover PAX West and East for years to come. We'll probably have to buy the extras from you to take to Boston.
  • You really think there will be 250 GeekNights listeners/people there? I think 250 will be enough to cover PAX West and East for years to come. We'll probably have to buy the extras from you to take to Boston.
    I think it's a possibility. I could see if I can edit the order for a lower amount.
  • Luckily, you didn't put any sort of date or number on the art, so they will be good year after year.
  • Luckily, you didn't put any sort of date or number on the art, so they will be good year after year.
    Yep, that's why I chose that logo instead of the PAX09 logo. However, the PAX East logo is red. =/

I think they're trying to make it a Red Vs. Blue thing.
  • I think it's a possibility. I could see if I can edit the order for a lower amount.
    Worse comes worse, you can always hand them out/sell them at geeknights panels or suchlike events.
  • Worse comes worse, you can always hand them out/sell them at geeknights panels or suchlike events.
    Yeah, plus spread the gospel of GeekNights to the PAX Buttoneers that don't know about them.
  • Yeah, plus spread the gospel of GeekNights to the PAX Buttoneers that don't know about them.
    Hell yeah, if there are people that collect badges like I do, they'll be snapping them up ASAP.
  • *bangs head on table* NOT FAIR

Oh to live in the USA, life there seems so interesting. Conventions, wacky politics, crazy media and all that pahzaz. I mean all we have in the UK is superior tea and accents. Oh well, aleast I will be at PAX and Otakon and whatever 2011 :)
  • I mean all we have in the UK is superior tea and accents
    I love your accents. I can't get enough of them. Everytime I hear Paul Oakenfold talk on his podcast I think to myself, "Awe yeah! British accents!".
  • You're really missing out, Ro. What's commonly perceived to be "The British Accent" is only one of the many and varied accents in England.

On that subject, we need to sort out Geeknights excursions to places in the UK.
  • edited August 2009
    You're really missing out, Ro. What's commonly perceived to be "The British Accent" is only one of the many and varied accents in England.
    Example - West country - Oooooooh, oyve go' a bran' new combine 'arvester, an' I'll give you th' key!

Edit - I've been to west country. This isn't far off.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • @Churba: Brining the class..
  • @Churba: Brining the class..
    That's your job! You're the English one with all the class, manners and politeness and such, and I'm the Australian who brings the madcap schemes, danger, caffine, and wierd ideas like busking the "this is why I'm fat" rap in fat-suits, in the middle of the main shopping street, for a small amount of money and our own amusement at the indignant people.
  • edited August 2009
    On that subject, we need to sort out Geeknights excursions to places in the UK.
    That would be soo cool. But on the topic of accents, I feel that the Mid Wales one is my favorate, so very lyrical, so......., Welsh. The only part of England with Daffodils and male Voice choruses.
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • Grr. Turns out I can't come to PAX this year. I'm going to be apartment-hunting in Rochester, instead.