This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Films you would like to see in the future

GeoGeo
edited February 2009 in Movies
By that I mean, come up with an idea, any idea at all. It could be about pretty much anything. I'm sorry if this a bit vague, but I don't know any other way to phrase this.

For example, I would really like to see a lot more biopics in the future, accurate ones to be precise. The biopics I'd like to see (in no particular order) consist of: Alfred Nobel, Madame Marie Curie (one that isn't all lighthearted like the 40's version), Nikolai Tesla, Blackbeard, The Beach Boys, and The Mamas and the Papas. Sorry if that was a little random, but I think they all have extremely interesting stories to tell (especially Tesla) and I think it would be a viable market in the film industry.

Comments

• More Kenneth Branagh Shakespeare adaptations
  • A movie about me.
  • A movie about me.
    Is it gonna be called "Come Sail Away with Me"? I know that was lame, but it was a forced habit.
  • I want to see Guillermo del Toro's "At the Mountains of Madness" and Robert Rodriguez's "Sin City 2" within the next few years.
  • I've been listening to this audiobook "World War Z" and I think it would be a clever way to shoot a zombie movie.
  • edited February 2009
    Live action My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite, and Jem.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Live action My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite, and Gem Jem.
    Jem is serious business for me! ^_~ I would love to see a Jem movie. Live action My Little Pony... I foresee some problems with that.

I would like to see some more horror/thriller films that have use gore sparingly and do not use the supernatural events. Humans are messed up enough as they are, ghosts and guts are not necessary to make them any scarier.

More than anything I would like to see a film in which the main female(s) were not sticks (sizes 8 -14 maybe) and their weight wasn't mentioned once and they weren't the "I can never find love" fat girl.
  • edited February 2009
    Jem is serious business for me! ^_~ I would love to see a Jem movie. Live action My Little Pony... I foresee some problems with that.
    I was being sarcastic, however Jem is outrageous. ^_~
    More than anything I would like to see a film in which the main female(s) were not sticks (sizes 8 -14 maybe) and their weight wasn't mentioned once and they weren't the "I can never find love"fatgirl.
    *nod*

Actually I want to see a remake of the Seven Samurai. Oh wait, nevermind.
  • I would watch a movie about Zombie Spys.
  • A proper Starship Troopers adaptation.
  • edited February 2009
    I'd like to see another remake of the Fantastic Voyage.

Edit: It seems I'm getting my wish: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1087521/
    Roland Emmerich.... hmmm....
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • Roland Emmerich.... hmmm....
    I'm sorry.
  • edited February 2009
    Roland Emmerich.... hmmm....
    I'm sorry.
    Stargate was a nifty movie. The other movies he directed weren't so great, but their problems may have more to do with bad scripts than bad direction.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2009
    I'd like to see more Wolfgang Petersen films like Das Boot, The NeverEnding Story, Outbreak, or In the Line of Fire! On a side-note, I cannot tell you how sad I was when I found out that he dropped out of making the Ender's Game movie. I truly believed he was the only one who could have brought that film justice, and it was his chance to redeem himself for the absolute shit he made with Troy.
    I've been listening to this audiobook "World War Z" and I think it would be a clever way to shoot a zombie movie.
    I don't see why not, after all he's Mel Brook's son isn't he? Unless of course he doesn't make films in which case I think he would be best suited to the task if his father helped him out.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • House of Leaves and Gravity's Rainbow directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky.
  • Houseof Leaves and Gravity's Rainbow directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky.
    We purchased House of Leaves as a gift for Adam's father. He seems to enjoy it. We may need to pick up the paperback for ourselves.
  • We may need to pick up the paperback for ourselves.
    It's dense as sin, but enjoyable.
  • Houseof Leaves and Gravity's Rainbow directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky.
    We purchased House of Leaves as a gift for Adam's father. He seems to enjoy it. We may need to pick up the paperback for ourselves.
    :D
  • I've been listening to this audiobook "World War Z" and I think it would be a clever way to shoot a zombie movie.
    I think they might be doing that.
  • edited February 2009
    I'm not an indignant person, so why do you make that judgment based on a moment where I had a lack of intelligence?
    Because you were indignant. I think we all know now that if Hollywood remakes ANY movie, you will think it will be horrible and that it's a crime. Whatever. I don't think you need to post anymore news that Hollywood is remaking another movie and you are angry. We can pretty much guess you will be upset and that Hollywood is the devil.

I honestly get annoyed with the things you post. I know I could just ignore it, which I pretty much do. However, your post in Fail of Your Day needed some discussion.

Anyways, to get back on topic, I wouldn't mind seeing DMZ, Runaways, or Mouseguard as a movie or some sort of mini-series. They are already planning on Y, The Last Man, so I will be looking forward to that.
  • DMZ
    A kidney: I'd pay one.
  • I would like to see a film series of Fables and a biopic on Walt Disney.
  • A proper Starship Troopers adaptation.
    "Starship Troopers is one of my favorite books!"
    "Oh, like the movie?"
    "No, NOT like the movie." Sad Fox. ^v_v^
  • Houseof Leaves
    I don't know if the entirety of the book itself would work as a movie, but an adaptation of The Navidson Record would be most excellent if done properly.
  • I would like to see East of Eden made into a movie. That is one of my favorite John Steinbeck books.
  • I would like to seeEast of Edenmade into a movie. That is one of my favorite John Steinbeck books.
    I thought it was done with James Dean. Do you mean a newer adaptation/version?
  • Wes Anderson's Crying of Lot 49.
  • I would like to seeEast of Edenmade into a movie. That is one of my favorite John Steinbeck books.
    I thought itwas donewith James Dean. Do you mean a newer adaptation/version?
    Yes, mainly because I don't like James Dean.
    I thought itwas donewith James Dean. Do you mean a newer adaptation/version?
    Yes, mainly because I don't like James Dean.
    Any particular reason?