This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Faith No More are getting back together!!

edited February 2009 in Everything Else
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/faith-no-more-r.html

I am so fucking excited! This is the one band that I would pay any amount of money to go and see.

Anybody else as excited as me? Or even aware of who they are?

Comments

• I think I only liked their cover of "I started a joke".
  • I'm only interested if Chuck Mosely's onboard.

Not really.

I once had a job where my boss was Faith No More's former publicist. She said the whole band hated each other. That part's true.
  • The 90s are back.
  • The 90s are back.
    It was bound to happen. It's a 20-year cycle.
  • The 90s are back.
    It was bound to happen. It's a 20-year cycle.
    It hasn't even been 20 years yet! Argh! The closer the 90's come back the more I feel old!

Anyway, I remember this band being okay. Its been awhile so my memory could be wrong.
  • 2010-1990=20
  • 2010-1990=20
    Yep. Get ready for a flannel explosion around 2012.
  • 2010-1990=20
    Flat tops, backwards clothing, and hammer pants all come before the flannel.
  • edited February 2009
    2010-1990=20
    It's already starting among the hipsters. I went to The Smell a few weeks back, which is a little noise punk club in LA, and a good 40% of the people there were wearing plaid flannel.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited February 2009
    Flat tops, backwards clothing, and hammer pants all come before the flannel.
    We're giving that one a miss.
    It's already starting among the hipsters. I went to The Smell a few weeks back, which is a little noise punk club in LA, and a good 40% of the people there were wearing plaid flannel.
    Did they all have stupid mustaches, too?
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Did they all have stupid mustaches, too?
    Unfortunately, no.
  • edited February 2009
    And Axes? The Earthy smell of a true woodsman?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Unfortunately, no.
    Really? At The Smell?
  • edited February 2009
    Unfortunately, no.
    Really? At The Smell?
    I didn't really notice any. Are we thinking of the same kind of mustache?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Unfortunately, no.
    Really? At The Smell?
    I'm thinking of the kind of stupid mustache hipsters always have because they think it's funny. I don't know. It's been years since I've been to The Smell, I don't know if the same kind of people still go there. I dunno, really just any mustache on a skinny white guy in tight pants who's under, say, 40.
  • edited February 2009
    I'm thinking of the kind of stupid mustache hipsters always have because they think it's funny.
    Yeah, I know what you're talking about but I didn't really see much facial hair overall. The flannel, however, was overwhelmingly obvious.

I'd think the crowd probably would have changed some over the past few years, especially with No Age starting to break into the mainstream. And, by mainstream, I mean being known enough to play Coachella. I'd bet the mustachio'd skinny pants white guys still dominate the nights when there isn't a Mika Miko/No Age/Abe Vigoda show.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Unfortunately, no.
    Really? At The Smell?
    I'm thinking of the kind of stupid mustache hipsters always have because they think it's funny. I don't know. It's been years since I've been to The Smell, I don't know if the same kind of people still go there. I dunno, really just any mustache on a skinny white guy in tight pants who's under, say, 40.
    My little brother told me about the mustache thing. He called it an "ironic mustache" and I was wondering how a mustache could be ironic.

Albany is actually pretty full of hipsters. It gets annoying.
  • edited February 2009
    Wait, I just noticed something.
    Unfortunately, no.
    Then my post, and after that -
    Unfortunately, no.
    Really? At The Smell?
    I've noticed this before, with quotes showing up incorrect cites sometimes.....methinks there may be a small bug in the forum software.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited February 2009
    a good 40% of the people there were wearing plaid flannel.
    Yeah, for some reason oddly colored flannel is all the rage right now. A friend of mine owns a purple and red one, and another friend has a yellow and black one. Some of them actually don't look terrible, per se. Just misplaced in time.

Hipsters are okay in small doses. I tend to prefer generally hip people who chisel out their own personalities, which explains why I own none of the aforementioned neon flannel. Hipsters in the trend-hopping, brand-wearing, look-without-ideals sense. If you met me, you'd probably classify me as a hipster, though I don't meet the aforementioned 3 qualities.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I've noticed this before, with quotes showing up incorrect cites sometimes.....methinks there may be a small bug in the forum software.
    Don't expect a fix until the new website. In other words, don't expect a fix ever.
    If you met me, you'd probably classify me as a hipster, though I don't meet the aforementioned 3 qualities.
    Same. I'm probably as close as you can get to being a hipster without actually being a hipster.
  • edited February 2009
    I've noticed this before, with quotes showing up incorrect cites sometimes.....methinks there may be a small bug in the forum software.
    Don't expect a fix until the new website. In other words, don't expect a fix ever.
    Oh, I don't expect a fix anyway - Let's face it, it's a minor, occasional error. To be honest, I expected "You want me to waste my time fixing this? Check your cite tags before you post, fool!"

Edit - Apparently, in my mind, Scott Talks like Mr T.

Awesome.
    Post edited by Churba on