This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Otakon 2010

Comments

• With Otakon now three days away, we should probably start trading phone numbers. I think the best way to do it is to just whisper the numbers to each other.
    Or you can just tweet...
  • edited July 2009
    Some of us aren't big tweeters. I barely use my Twitter or Suffice to Say anymore, I don't have a Twitter app set up on my phone, and I don't think I should have to set one up just for this con when texting works fine.

Alternatively, if you mean tweeting the numbers to each other privately, that's essentially the same as whispering.

On a different note: I've been having a nice road trip so far. The bus is a great way to see Canada. :D I just left Sault St. Marie, and I'll be crossing the border into the States later tonight.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Or you can just tweet...
    because we really want the whole world to know our phone numbers......
  • Or you can just tweet...
    I have a crappy phone that can't do Twitter and unless I can leech off of someones internet while I'm in Baltimore, I can't use my iPod Touch to tweet.
  • because we really want the whole world to know our phone numbers
    The point is that you tweet instead of using phone numbers. Point-to-point communication at a con is very inefficient and error-prone. ^_~
    The point is that you tweetinsteadof using phone numbers. Point-to-point communication at a con is very inefficient and error-prone. ^_~
    Ooooh. I misunderstood, thanks.
    The point is that you tweetinsteadof using phone numbers. Point-to-point communication at a con is very inefficient and error-prone. ^_~
    Precisely. If you tweet, your messages are broadcast. If you all follow each other, you can get the word out to the entire group without having to add every single person to every single text and possibly spend lots of money. Also, you can search twitter for #otakon and see what other con-goers are tweeting in real time.
  • I'm not sure if I'll have any portable internet access besides my DSi at the con.
    I know, I'm poor. But I'll try and use the DSi, if you all think Twitter is the easiest option.
  • I'm not sure if I'll have any portable internet access besides my DSi at the con.
    I know, I'm poor. But I'll try and use the DSi, if you all think Twitter is the easiest option.
    Twitter is the best way to do this. So what's everyone's twitter? Mine is GeorgeDavidson.
  • schezar
  • My twitter is...ready for this surprise? AxeloftheKey
    Bet none of you saw that one coming.
  • All right, that makes sense. I guess I could get on board with that if it's easier. Where does that leave people like Li_Akahi who can't do Twitter, though?
  • Or smartphone-less me?
  • Twitter works over SMS. That's why it's limited to 140 characters. If your original plan was to use text messages, now at least you can have your text messages easily broadcast via Twitter.
  • The word on the Tweetbox is...

Lombard street is going to be resurfaced starting Friday.

There is also a festival called Artscape happening somewhere in the B'More area, though I don't think it's the inner harbor.

It's going to be rough, but at least Orioles are out of town.
  • edited July 2009
    Lombard street is going to be resurfaced starting Friday.
    Any word on between what roads Lombard street is getting resurfaced? This could effectively cut off a lot of hotels.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited July 2009
    I forgot. Does the BCC have wifi? I could use my laptop or PSP to tweet.

Twitter: Viga
    Post edited by Viga on
  • There we go, dusted off my Twitter (read: sent password retrieval request XD;; ) and set up Twitteriffic. Username: eryncerise.
  • I forgot. Does the BCC have wifi? I could use my laptop or PSP to tweet.

Twitter: Viga
    I'm pretty sure the entire innerh harbor has a wifi, but Otakon might overload it. I remember seeing it, but I don't ever remember using it reliably.
  • twitter: Songjewel

Though it will be pretty easy to find me...just look for me in Artist Alley!
  • 'Ello dear forum friends!

Once again, I'll be attending Otakon this year, and I'd like to join the meet-up, if we have one. n__n
    And, as always, I'll be cosplaying as Chii. What can I say, cliche yet oh-so adorable. :3

Oh! Funny idea (which will probably be shot down, but I'll suggest it none-the-less), there's a Hooter's at the inner harbor. Can you imagine all of the forum members eating there? It made me lol.
  • 'Ello dear forum friends!

Once again, I'll be attending Otakon this year, and I'd like to join the meet-up, if we have one. n__n
    And, as always, I'll be cosplaying as Chii. What can I say, cliche yet oh-so adorable. :3

Oh! Funny idea (which will probably be shot down, but I'll suggest it none-the-less), there's a Hooter's at the inner harbor. Can you imagine all of the forum members eating there? It made me lol.
    Well, considering the fact that I'm under 18, it would be forcefully excluding me if that was the chosen location.
  • Huh? I'm pretty sure you can eat at Hooters even if you're under 18. It's not like it's a strip club. There is no actual nudity.
  • Huh? I'm pretty sure you can eat at Hooters even if you're under 18. It's not like it's a strip club. There is no actual nudity.
    'Tis true. My grandfather took me to one for my twelfth birthday, back in the day. He says that is the day I became a man.
  • Hooters is well and good for making jokes about, but other than that it's a horrid place I would never go.
  • Hooters is well and good for making jokes about, but other than that it's a horrid place I would never go.
    The food isn't that bad....

It's not that good either, but if it was eat at hooters or go hungry for the foreseeable future I'd eat there.

• The food isn't that bad....

It's not that good either, but if it was eat at hooters or go hungry for the foreseeable future I'd eat there.
    You can all go to Hooters if you want. We'll be at the Capital Grille.

• The food isn't that bad....

You can all go to Hooters if you want. We'll be at the Capital Grille.
    I'd follow you, although being picky, I might not eat at either of those places anyways. As long as I could just get a hamburger, I'd probably be fine.
  • I'd follow you, although being picky, I might not eat at either of those places anyways. As long as I could just get a hamburger, I'd probably be fine.
    If you can get food at night you're not doing too bad. A bunch of places had no food late in the evening when my friend got off security duty. They did however have plenty of alcohol. ^_^