This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Otakon 2010

Comments

• Looks like I had another panel added at the last minute:

The Impact of Evangelion – Saturday at 9:00 am in Panel 1

Anime & Manga Studies – Saturday at 11:30 am in Panel 1

New: The Problem with Otaku – Saturday at 7:00 pm in Panel 5

Without Watching the Anime: Opening and Ending Themes – Sunday at 10:15 am in Panel 3
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009

The food isn't that bad....

It's not that good either, but if it was eat at hooters or go hungry for the foreseeable future I'd eat there.
    You can all go to Hooters if you want. We'll be at the Capital Grille.
    As will I because I can't stand the food at Hooters.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Hey guys, let me know if you see any particularly talented panelists at Otakon, I'm interested in recruiting more panelists for Zenkaikon in Nov.
  • So which badge did people get? I got the Lucky Star OAV one, but mostly because of the Hatsune Miku cosplay. The mecha badge is the one I usually go with, but it didn't actually have any mechs on it this year! Agh!
  • Oh mans, although I didn't go this year, there were a couple of badges that I wanted. There are a couple awesome ones. Got-damn.
  • Just say NOtakon.
  • Just say NOtakon.
    Why?
  • I saw Rym and Scott waiting in the line for VAMPS. Curse my incurable shyness...
    Well, here's looking forward to the rest of the convention! I will be wearing my Boota hat today, so I will be pretty easily recognizable. I'm not very good at talking to people, so if any of you think you see a short kid, scrawny with a Boota hat, come over and say hi. But introduce yourself as being from the FRC forums. I'll probably see several of you at Know Your Creators.
  • edited July 2009
    Just a note, DON'T BE A FUCKING SHY PERSON. Rym and Scott are just normal people like well.. Ok well we are better then you but they are not popular enough to not be thrilled to meet a fan in line. Just don't be a fanboy.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Also i dont kno. What a boota hat is. When running around the con we are busy and moving with great purpose. We aren't looking for people unless they are very familiar. If you don't approach us, you won't talk to us. Simple as that. A good time is after one of our panels.
  • Also I don't know what a Boota hat is
    This is Boota:
    He's a character from Gurren Lagaan.
  • Boota
    "Buta" is also 'pig' in Japanese.
  • Also i dont kno. What a boota hat is. When running around the con we are busy and moving with great purpose. We aren't looking for people unless they are very familiar. If you don't approach us, you won't talk to us. Simple as that. A good time is after one of our panels.
    Is Scott drunk?
    Is Scott drunk?
    Do not approach Scott when he is drunk.
  • Doesn't the "poison" burn his tender little throat?
    Unlikely. I'm sure someone just cracked open a Zima on the other side of the con and now he's all loopy.
    Unlikely. I'm sure someone just cracked open a Zima on the other side of the con and now he's all loopy.
    Super lightweight? Join the club, Scott.
  • I wish I was a light weight, I had 5 beers an hour ago and I'm mostly sober now.
  • Scott drunk?! Pics or it didn't happen.
  • I wish I was a light weight, I had 5 beers an hour ago and I'm mostly sober now.
    Depends on the beers. 5 Bud Light? That's nothing. 5 Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout? You'd be dead.
  • I thought Scott didn't drink?
  • edited July 2009
    Yes, Sail. That was the joke.

:P
    :P
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Depends on the beers. 5 Bud Light? That's nothing. 5 Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout? You'd be dead.
    5 yuenglings, so somewhere in the middle.
  • Depends on the beers. 5 Bud Light? That's nothing. 5 Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout? You'd be dead.
    5 yuenglings, so somewhere in the middle.
    Yuengling lager? Might as well be water. It's not a beer until you hit 7% ABV or it tastes like bacon.
  • post your Drunk con quotes!!!

mine:
    "Damnit Chuck, you always win at gay chicken!"
    "dead people taste like chulk."
    "Crack heads wobble but they don't fall down." (Stolen from Cat Stevens)
    "For the rest of the movie, she was rolling around, in the background, trying in vain to eject the penis from her vagina into an urn."

Add yours!
  • edited July 2009
    "I could die......but my climb skill would go up." -Scott Rubin, beyond D&D

Dread sounds like an amazingly fun game.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • "I could die......but my climb skill would go up." -Scott Rubin, beyond D&D;

Dread sounds like an amazingly fun game.
    Yes, oh so much. Beyond D&D; panel was great, I'm sad I missed parts because of a food run. But I totally need to start doing tabletops. They sound right up my alley.
  • I met up with Rym, Scott, and Emily at one of their panels and they were some of the coolest people ever and I was proud to find that we were on the same wavelength. In fact they invited me to come to dinner with them which I immediately accepted. But.......the place they went to was for people 21 and older, so that was nixed. But we all saw an ultraviolent movie later that night so it was all good. Scott really didn't talk to me that much, except for a few times, Rym and Emily however were very receptive and friendly. Can't wait to meet them again at Connecticon in a few weeks.
  • I was sad to leave Otakon. I felt like I didn't do much because I didn't go to a million panels. Instead I hung out with all my new, old and online friends. It was awesome! I'm so glad to see some of you again and some for the first time.
  • edited July 2009
    I was sad to leave Otakon. I felt like I didn't do much because I didn't go to a million panels. Instead I hung out with all my new, old and online friends. It was awesome! I'm so glad to see some of you again and some for the first time.
    Yeah, I mostly hung out with people too. Had a great time though, don't regret it at all.

Oh gomidog, thanks for the restaurant recommendations. We all had a great dinner and time.
    Post edited by George Patches on