This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Monsterpocalypse

edited March 2009 in Board Games
I just found out about a new collectible mini game from Privateer Press called Monsterpocalypse. Think Godzilla movies and destroying a cityscape and you have the idea.

I talked my local game store guy into giving me a discount to try the game out and the rules seems pretty good. Not so happy about the price point but I was able to find good proxy images of all the minis for testing purposes.

Secondary (eBay) market on monster minis is pretty good. If you buy a case (12 packs) of monster boosters you will get one of each. Buying them in packs means after 3 or 4 packs odds are you are going to get a duplicate. The secondary market on support units and buildings is not as good but since you will likely need duplicates of these you don't need to fear buying packs.

There are a high number of chase figs in the game but none of them look to be game breaking. It's not a case of "guy with the most money always wins". I'm going to try it out this week and see how it plays. first I have to print out my proxy units.

Comments

• Privateer Press? Those are the guys who made Warmachine. That was a pretty good game.
  • Collectible = fail.
  • Collectible = fail.
    That is my default position. I usually wait until these games fail and then buy them up at a super discount and play them with friends in a limited format.
  • I usually wait until these games fail and then buy them up at a super discount and play them with friends in a limited format.
    That's the way to go about it. ^_^
  • Didn't the Pirates game just fail (Wizkidz)?