This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2009

Comments

• So who is going to be at the con, and are we going to meet up in the same fashion? If that is so, Geeknights Room is the best bet.
  • If it could be after the Dealer's Room closes, I'll put in an appearance.
  • So who is going to be at the con, and are we going to meet up in the same fashion? If that is so, Geeknights Room is the best bet.
    How does the 10am Saturday Good Morning Connecticon panel sound for everyone? Too early? One of these "hang-out" panels seems like our best bet.
  • It's tomorrow. We need a final answer.
  • You guys aside, Scott and I will be in Panel 5 for most of the con. We won't be difficult to find. ^_~
  • Listen, you forum guys are on your own. We're going to have our hands full this con, so you plan stuff yourselves. Don't trust us to do it.
  • Oh man, gomidog cutting the cord on the forum lackeys.
  • Oh noes! Oh snap!
  • Ok I'm gonna assume there will be no forum meetup as I seem to be the only one remotely interested. Also, Rym & gomidog, I'm well aware that we're on our own; I'm trying to get people to meet up together, but it's obviously not going to happen. Regardless, I'll try to make it to the Saturday Good Morning, ConnectiCon panel.

Panels I'm considering attending:
    Friday: CAD Meet & Greet, Action Castle (can we get some specifics about what this is? Con book description is vaguer than vague.) ConnectiCon LIVE, Beyond Candyland, XKCD Meet & Greet
    Saturday: Good Morning ConnectiCon, Geekology, Serenity Found (This has been around for a few years. Anyone been to it? Is it worthwhile?), XKCD/Explosm.net Double Threat, Metal with Pete (ALL LIKE METAL!)
    Sunday: Crab People... what the fuck is this?
  • edited July 2009
    Action Castle (can we get some specifics about what this is? Con book description is vaguer than vague.)
    IT'S THE BEST THING EVER. I SHIT YOU NOT. PROBABLY THE BEST PANEL OF THE ENTIRE CON.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Sunday: Crab People... what the fuck is this?
    What the fuck IS it? Who knows.
  • Ok I'm gonna assume there will be no forum meetup as I seem to be the only one remotely interested. Also, Rym & gomidog, I'm well aware that we're on our own; I'm trying to get people to meet up together, but it's obviously not going to happen. Regardless, I'll try to make it to the Saturday Good Morning, ConnectiCon panel.

Panels I'm considering attending:
    Friday: CAD Meet & Greet, Action Castle (can we get some specifics about what this is? Con book description is vaguer than vague.) ConnectiCon LIVE, Beyond Candyland, XKCD Meet & Greet
    Saturday: Good Morning ConnectiCon, Geekology, Serenity Found (This has been around for a few years. Anyone been to it? Is it worthwhile?), XKCD/Explosm.net Double Threat, Metal with Pete (ALL LIKE METAL!)
    Sunday: Crab People... what the fuck is this?
    Is there a schedule that is invisible, because I cannot see anything like it anywhere on the site.
  • Is there a schedule that is invisible, because I cannot see anything like it anywhere on the site.
    It's in an evil pdf. There is a link to that evil pdf at frontrowcrew.com. You know, if people would ever go there.
  • Is there a schedule that is invisible, because I cannot see anything like it anywhere on the site.
    It's in an evil pdf. There is a link to that evil pdf at frontrowcrew.com. You know, if people would ever go there.
    Demonic is more like it. The damn thing won't load at all.
  • frontrowcrew.com. You know, if people would ever go there.
    If I ever had a reason to. There are feeds for the shows, make a feed for the news.
  • edited July 2009
    frontrowcrew.com. You know, if people would ever go there.
    If I ever had a reason to. There are feeds for the shows, make a feed for the news.
    There is a feed for the news. I'm doing some sprucing up of the site. I will make a note to make the news feed more prominent.

http://frontrowcrew.com/feeds/news/
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • From the looks of it, R&S are going to be the main star power again this year. I'm sure at least the after parties will be cool.
  • From the looks of it, R&S are going to be the main star power again this year. I'm sure at least the after parties will be cool.
  • From the looks of it, R&S; are going to be the main star power again this year.
  • Action Castle (can we get some specifics about what this is? Con book description is vaguer than vague.)
    IT'S THE BEST THING EVER. I SHIT YOU NOT. PROBABLY THE BEST PANEL OF THE ENTIRE CON.
    QUOTED FOR FUCKING TRUTH. Go to the Action Castle Reprise panel on Sunday if you didn't go to today's. I'm not kidding.
  • Action Castle (can we get some specifics about what this is? Con book description is vaguer than vague.)
    QUOTED FOR FUCKING TRUTH. Go to the Action Castle Reprise panel on Sunday if you didn't go to today's. I'm not kidding.
    But what is it? Google has failed me with finding out what it is, all it comes up with is a Megablocks set!
  • edited July 2009
    But what is it? Google has failed me with finding out what it is, all it comes up with is a Megablocks set!
    It's got nothing to do with Megablocks. Really, for me to tell you anything about it would spoil the experience for you, other than to say that it's an interactive role-playing experience and it's loads of fun. After attending the panel, I understand why the con book is so vague about it.

EDIT: I can tell you that it's run by Jared Sorensen.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Missed Otakon, Missed SDCC, Missing Conneticon, Gonna Miss PAX...

STUPID EAST COAST CONS! STUPID MONEY DEPENDENT SOCIETY!!!!!

Communist.

Communist.
    Nah, I'm a capitalist, just irritated that I can't afford to go to Pax this year or any of the other cool cons.

STUPID EAST COAST CONS! STUPID MONEY DEPENDENT SOCIETY!!!!!thousand dollar flights to the united states.

What about THE ORIGINAL PAX? I thought you were going. But yes, I feel the same way about Otakon and Connecticon.
  • edited August 2009
    I made friends with some people at a show a few weeks back who are PAX enforcers, so I'm going to try to get on that list for next year's PAX. It's one 12 hour shift during the con and they reimburse you for a portion of your hotel and travel fees, which makes the whole prospect of getting up to Seattle a lot more doable for me.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Playing Burning Wheel with Luke Crane is one of the best experiences a human being can have. Today was a good day.
  • I will be uploading an entire archive of Connecticon photos including those of Scrym, Emily, and the rest of the Front Row Crew. Tomorrow I shall be getting more pics which will complete it.