This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Beer Beer!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    For those that want some suds in the shower, I give you The Beer Soap Company.

EDIT: I didn't know there was a Banana Bread Beer?! I must order this beer pronto!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • EDIT: I didn't know there was a Banana Bread Beer?! I must order this beer pronto!
    If that is done right, that could be the best beer ever.
  • EDIT: I didn't know there was a Banana Bread Beer?! I must order this beer pronto!
    It would taste like bananas and wheat, right? Just get a good hefeweizen.
  • For those that want some suds in the shower, I give youThe Beer Soap Company.

EDIT: I didn't know there was a Banana Bread Beer?! I must order this beer pronto!
    That's coming soon to my local Weatherspoons. Real Ale banana beer for the win. Top Banana is another beer that is banana flavoured. I feel so lucky to be living in the best/2nd country in the world for beer, it really is a toss up between Britain and Belgium for the best.
    It would taste like bananas and wheat, right? Just get a good hefeweizen.
    That's not quite enough. Good banana bread is rich, and is more of a dessert. So it would have to be a sweeter beer.

• That's coming soon to my local Weatherspoons. Real Ale banana beer for the win. Top Banana is another beer that is banana flavoured. I feel so lucky to be living in the best/2nd country in the world for beer, it really is a toss up between Britain and Belgium for the best.
    Best be joking, londoner.

• That's coming soon to my local Weatherspoons. Real Ale banana beer for the win. Top Banana is another beer that is banana flavoured. I feel so lucky to be living in the best/2nd country in the world for beer, it really is a toss up between Britain and Belgium for the best.
    Ditto. The best country is the one that has the biggest selection, doesn't matter where it comes from.
  • edited November 2009
    Ditto. The best country is the one that has the biggest selection, doesn't matter where it comes from.
    Nonetheless, a country that makes a lot of beer is likely to have a lot of local beers you won't be able to get anywhere else. Still, putting Britain as the best or second best country for beer... Just no.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on

I'm from Leeds. And yes, if you are including Real Ales, then Britain is only matched by Belgium in terms of variety and taste. Unless you are only counting lager, in which case your opinion doesn't matter.
  • I'm from Leeds. And yes, if you are including Real Ales, then Britain is only matched by Belgium in terms of variety and taste. Unless you are only counting lager, in which case your opinion doesn't matter.
    I'm in Leeds, you should come up and go on a night out with us. England's not bad, really.
  • Woot, tonight it beer night!
  • I'm from Leeds. And yes, if you are including Real Ales, then Britain is only matched by Belgium in terms of variety and taste. Unless you are only counting lager, in which case your opinion doesn't matter.
    I'm in Leeds, you should come up and go on a night out with us. England's not bad, really.
    I'm still in Leeds,, I would be up for making sure you guys are going to the right pubs in Leeds.

• I'm still in Leeds,, I would be up for making sure you guys are going to the right pubs in Leeds.
    Dude, we need to rock out sometime. Give me a shout, all my gear is on the Idshare page.
  • I found a website about Beer (and nightlife) but mostly beer.

Barfiesta.com
  • Sam Adams has released their latest batch of Utopias. 10,000 bottle run, at $150 per bottle. 27% ABV. Really really want.
  • I disliked 9% ABV, do not want.
  • Sam Adams has released their latest batch of Utopias. 10,000 bottle run, at $150 per bottle. 27% ABV. Really really want.
    No beverage is worth $150.00 to me.
    Oh, it's definitely silly. I think it's a little ridiculous to pay $150 for a fine wine or anything of that sort, but then again, I am a little ridiculous. Aside from wanting to say that, yes, I have had Utopias, I also like the idea of supporting the brewers that dedicated themselves to doing something very, very different with beer. The first batch was released in 2001, and given that, in addition to the two proprietary genetically engineered yeast strains used to make it, the beer also ages for about 15 years or so, the decision to brew it was pretty much revolutionary. That means Sam Adams started the first batch as an experiment back in 1986, when there was absolutely 0 demand for anything of that sort. It started as pure experimentation, and I think that's really really cool.

I've read reviews, and it's apparently more like a cognac than a beer. I'm curious to try it out.

Also, the bottle is shaped like a copper brewing kettle. I mean, come on, how cool is that?
  • How much beer are we talking per $150?
  • I recently tried a coffee beer (can't remember the name), thinking two of my favourite things together would surely be great but no. I couldn't even finish a third of the bottle it was that bad!
  • I recently tried a coffee beer (can't remember the name), thinking two of my favourite things together would surely be great but no. I couldn't even finish a third of the bottle it was that bad!
    Coffee beers are hit-or-miss. It's the same with chocolate beers.
  • Coffee beers are hit-or-miss. It's the same with chocolate beers.
    Those are two favors I can't imagine ever being good.
  • Coffee beers? Chocolate beers? They're quite common, and when they work, they're fucking delicious. Coffee and chocolate go together fabulously.

Clearly, you need to drink more stouts.
  • Presently sitting back and relaxing with some Killian's. I don't often go for beer, but when I do, it's Killian's or Sam Adams.
  • Coffee beers? Chocolate beers? They're quite common, and when they work, they're fucking delicious. Coffee and chocolate go together fabulously.
    Can't say that I'm a fan of coffee beers since I despise coffee, but good chocolate beers are indeed fucking delicious. I know a guy who owns a brewery in my area, and he just introduced a double chocolate porter last month. One of the 3 best beers I've ever had.
    Oh, it's definitely silly. I think it's a little ridiculous to pay $150 for a fine wine or anything of that sort, but then again, Iama little ridiculous. Aside from wanting to say that, yes, I have had Utopias, I also like the idea of supporting the brewers that dedicated themselves to doing something very, very different with beer. The first batch was released in 2001, and given that, in addition to the two proprietary genetically engineered yeast strains used to make it, the beer also ages for about 15 years or so, the decision to brew it was pretty much revolutionary. That means Sam Adams started the first batch as an experiment back in 1986, when there was absolutely 0 demand for anything of that sort. It started as pure experimentation, and I think that's really really cool.

I've read reviews, and it's apparently more like a cognac than a beer. I'm curious to try it out.

Also, the bottle is shaped like a copper brewing kettle. I mean, come on, how cool is that?

The pure manliness of this beer feels like it's worth drinking.
  • The pure manliness of this beer feels like it's worth drinking.
    It's illegal in 15 states, yet it has a lower alcohol % than most hard liquor, right? Does that mean that it can't be sold at all in those states, or it just can't be sold as beer?
  • The pure manliness of this beer feels like it's worth drinking.
    It's illegal in 15 states, yet it has a lower alcohol % than most hard liquor, right? Does that mean that it can't be sold at all in those states, or it just can't be sold as beer?
    My guess is the latter. There are plenty of states, like my state of WA, that only sell hard liquor through state run shops. Only beer and wine can be sold at grocery stores/marts.
  • Best coffee beer: Wolver's Alta Gracia Coffee Porter
    Review:Beer Advoacte
    A-Pours a very dark brown body that has nice strength, boldness, and a nice glow. The head is small, tha in color, with short retention time and little lacing.

S-Wow. Very rich scent of chocolate with a amazing balance of coffee. The coffee is so well done it smells like a nice cup of expensive coffee. The vanilla add a sweet scent with a light lactose finish. This is the best scent for a coffee beer.

T-Sharp, rich, and wonderful flavor of coffee, milk, and sugar. Chocolate also add a wonderful flavor as well. Vanilla, light toffee, and a faint finish of hops completes this wonderful flavor.

M-Starts off with light carbonation then has a light feel with a nice robust feel. The beer finishes clean, slick, and wonderful.

D-This is possibly the best coffee beer ever. The scent is very pleasant, rich, and powerful. The flavor is off the charts and blended so perfect. There is nothing harsh, bitter, or over done in this beer. Everything is done exceptionally well. Seek this one out ASAP!

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 11-29-2009 05:27:25 | id: 1048342
  • I'm going to see if I can convince my parents to buy me a bottle of Utopia for my graduation.