This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Job Lose!

Comments

• edited April 2009
    The one with the more attractive ladiesmen?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • You know, if you wait too long to make a decision they may find someone else.
    I'm deciding today no matter what. I already told that to both of them.
    All things being equal, go for the office with the nicer physical space and cleaner bathrooms.
    lols
    Both are very clean and modern offices.
    The one with the more attractive ladies? Even if you never get to touch them, at least there is some nice scenery.
    The one with the ladies offers some work-from-home action, thus canceling out.
  • edited April 2009
    I don't see how two positives can add to zero.

Is it that the other place offers better work-from-home action?
  • I don't see how two positives can add to zero.

Is it that the other place offers better work-from-home action?
    If you are at home, you are not in the office with the other people.
  • edited April 2009
    That's not adding to zero, that's adding to the greater of the two.

Being at home is a net positive, no? Even if it wasn't, presumably you would be able to choose the ladies anyway?
  • edited April 2009
    Go with the one that is physically closest to a good comic book shop or other place of awesome.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Go with the one that is physically closest to a good comic book shop or other place of awesome.
    Times Square (Midtown Comics) vs Union Square (Forbidden Planet). Welcome to NYC.
  • Pick the one that has or is closest to a building with an address that ends in 3.
  • Oh I also forgot, really you could see which one will offer you more money.. With two offers you go to the one your less likely to take and ask for more, since you have two equal offers. (just don't over play your hand, however if you fail with the one, you can always just take the other :-p)
  • Go with the one that is physically closest to a good comic book shop or other place of awesome.
    Times Square (Midtown Comics) vs Union Square (Forbidden Planet). Welcome to NYC.
    Forbidden Planet is the clear winner.

I'm also heavily advocating the one with the attractive women. Sure, there's some work-from-home action, but you will be in the office at some point. Might as well have pleasant scenery.
  • I took the job with the ladies and the probably working from home.

When I went to decline the other job, they were totally cool. Also, if the job I chose doesn't work out, and I bail, it seems like they would be happy to have me call them up.

When I went to decline the other job, they were totally cool. Also, if the job I chose doesn't work out, and I bail, it seems like they would be happy to have me call them up.
    Good to hear that everything worked our for you. Good luck with the new job.
  • When I went to decline the other job, they were totally cool. Also, if the job I chose doesn't work out, and I bail, it seems like they would be happy to have me call them up.
    That's how the professional world works.

Now, start hitting on those pretty ladies, stat.

All that worrying for nothing... :-p When do you start?
  • edited April 2009
    Looking for a new job > taking free money.

Good decision, Scott!
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Hooray! It would be cool to work from home now and again.

Plus...well ladies! Possibly geeky cool ladies.
  • So if i dress in drag for a couple of days, this gets me hired right. Pre Geekifed and female looking, Scott you have to give me a job now. I will keep on wearing the dress *shudders*
  • Congratulations!
  • Good to hear about the job success.

Are you going to miss unemployment and all that free time?
  • Are you going to miss unemployment and all that free time?
    Who wouldn't?
  • Forbidden Planet overcharges out the ass for anything not comic- or manga-related.
  • Seriously, hat's off to ya Scott. Well done.

Congrats on the new job, Scott.
  • Congrats, Scott. Rejection is easier coming from pretty ladies :D
  • Hooray! That's a good birthday present, huh?
    Well, I said in another thread that congratulations were in order, so congratulations, Scott.
  • I haven't been around, but I just wanted to say "well done"! In this economy, you should be quite proud to find a job so quickly.
  • Kilarney! Scott's ego is already at critical levels! Do you want to cause a meltdown?
  • edited May 2009
    It got knocked down a notch, so this is just putting it back to where it was.

I agree, though, it's at a level that is not sustainable. Left unchecked, it will destroy him. Let's hope that he figures it out before it's too late.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • edited May 2009
    Scott's ego has an upper bound asymptote. No matter how hard he tries, it will never reach critical mass, even as time approaches to infinity.
    Post edited by Andrew on