This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090323 - Tales of Chemistry

edited March 2009 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we tell tales of things that happened in chemistry lab oh so long ago. In the news, Apple announces iPhone 3.0 and India makes a really cheap car.

Scott's Thing - Making Love
Rym's Thing - India Pale Ale

Comments

• 404.. Give it a while.
  • 404.. Give it a while.
    Is this what usually happens when an episode is first uploaded?
  • edited March 2009
    Maybe he set the upload going, posted the link and went to bed.
    We will wait for the day star to rise again.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2009
    Grah. Mispost.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Maybe he set the upload going, posted the link and went to bed.
    We will wait for the day star to rise again.
    I love it when people refer to the sun as the day star. Makes things sound interesting.
  • edited March 2009
    404.. Give it a while.
    Is this what usually happens when an episode is first uploaded?
    Edit: looks like libsyn is messed up.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Yeah, I think libsyn has some kind of trouble or so. A few other Podcasts I subscribe to also give me 404.
  • Yeah, Libsyn had a problem. I think it's time to re-investigate whether or not it will be cheaper just to use Amazon S3 directly.
  • So when do you think it will be fixed?
  • So when do you think it will be fixed?
    It's already 10:52, does it really take this long?
  • I wonder if he realized that it was not actually back up...
  • Dave and Jole use Libsyn also but they have fixed the problem today,so I think once Scott and Rym
    notice/have time It should be currently fixable.
  • Yeah it will have to be re-uploaded from what I understand. Something with their distribution servers got messed up.
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah they will probably have it fixed soon.
    Post edited by SuperPichu on
  • It's fixed now. It's a bit slow to download, tho.
  • I'm sorry, but my $2,000, 83 280ZX is in good shape.
  • The volcano thing you mentioned is probably the decomposition of ammonium dichromate. It's orange crystals, which you make a small heap of. On the top you drip some alcohol and light it up. The heat then starts the reaction: ammonium dichromate decomposes into chromium(III)oxide, which is green, and because large amounts of water vapor and nitrogen gas also develop in the reaction, the chromium oxide will be a very light and fluffy powder, taking up much more space than the chromate crystals before. Its very toxic, carcinogenic and generally unpleasant - but also very impressive.
  • Glad someone else is sick of TWiT complaining about Twitter... or at least Leo whining about it every time it comes up.