This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• https://itunes.apple.com/app/id584927317

Warbits it currently scratching that advance wars itch that I get every time Rym brings it up.
  • https://itunes.apple.com/app/id584927317

Warbits it currently scratching that advance wars itch that I get every time Rym brings it up.

I'll try it.
  • Street Fighter V continues to be a great game, and now that they've started putting in more of the single player content, it's even better.

The new Strider game is wicked fast, although I don't like that Hiryu's scarf isn't real and is like a lazer or whatever.

Endless Legends continues to be a blast and now that it went on sale, I was finally able to convince more of my friends to buy it so multiplayer games ahoy!
  • I'd heard Just Cause 3 runs pretty wonky, but I underestimated how much. Straight up, even on minimum settings, even on a computer that exceeds recommended specs, that game runs like absolute dogshit.

I thought "Hey, maybe it's just something about my setup, I'll look up to see if I can tweak it for performance" - nope! Turns out there's people running an i7 with a 980, and it's still running like dogshit.
  • Has anyone picked up Dark Souls 3?
  • Yes I'm playing through it and it's pretty damn good.
  • Just finished Dark Souls 3 and really loved it, definitely enough to keep playing even after seeing credits.
  • I have been playing Dungeon Twister - a strategic two player competitive dungeon crawler where you must outwit your opponent to either get your characters out of the Dungeon before they do, or to outright kill your opponent's characters. It plays in about 45 mins and I enjoy teh hidden information, the mechanics of choosing actions in a round, and how teh game is half puzzle and half combative.
    I am currently waiting on Thebes having deciding to buy it after a recent GeekNights episode.
  • Currently working on Final Fantasy V. At the current rate I'm playing, I may actually succeed at that silly year-long challenge.
  • I just finished Hyper Light Drifter. It's good.
    It looks good. It feels good. It sounds good.

Everything from narrative to exploration is told through visuals and sound cues.
    Large set pieces set the tone, small hums hint at hidden items, each new discovery is fun to find and interpret.
    The combat and challenges are handled well to minimize frustration for failure while intrinsically rewarding flawless execution.

Overall, it was a fun ride with almost no complaints.
    Except for crusher blocks, fuck 'em.
  • ThatGent said:

I just finished Hyper Light Drifter. It's good.
    It looks good. It feels good. It sounds good.

Everything from narrative to exploration is told through visuals and sound cues.
    Large set pieces set the tone, small hums hint at hidden items, each new discovery is fun to find and interpret.
    The combat and challenges are handled well to minimize frustration for failure while intrinsically rewarding flawless execution.

Overall, it was a fun ride with almost no complaints.
    Except for crusher blocks, fuck 'em.

Learn to chain dash. ;) I kid, I kid. I'm halfway through the game, trying to get everything, it's a lot of fun. Can't wait to play with the other Drifter too.
  • Putting aside my FF challenge for a week or so as I blast through Uncharted 4. It is sooooo good. When it comes to cinematics in games, Naughty Dog is unmatched. Gameplay is pretty much the same as the previous games, but that's fine because it's solid, and the pacing so far is the best yet in the series.
  • Pocket Card Jockey
  • Planetside 2 again, and The Division because I like stupid games.
  • I think about going back to the Division but after putting it down once I finished I had pretty much no desire to go back to it.
  • MATATAT said:

I think about going back to the Division but after putting it down once I finished I had pretty much no desire to go back to it.

I duck in for dailies and dark zone stuff - it's still pretty good, though honestly quite sparse towards the end. Hung out for a while with a lovely chap from Texas last I was playing, we ended up with a chinese bro who spoke just enough english that we could have kind of a weird half-and-half pidgin conversation, we rolled around, had some fun. Good stuff.
  • Pocket Card Jockey has been sitting on my 3DS for 3 days. Got distracted while it was downloading and haven't actually started it. By all means it looks great.
  • Churba said:

MATATAT said:

I think about going back to the Division but after putting it down once I finished I had pretty much no desire to go back to it.

I duck in for dailies and dark zone stuff - it's still pretty good, though honestly quite sparse towards the end. Hung out for a while with a lovely chap from Texas last I was playing, we ended up with a chinese bro who spoke just enough english that we could have kind of a weird half-and-half pidgin conversation, we rolled around, had some fun. Good stuff.
    The last time I was in the Dark Zone, I went the north-most extraction point. I fired the flare and then was faced with a multiple death, hour long slog thorough no less than eight waves of mostly elite enemies that simply spawned on to the roof. Often times the killed me in one shot because they made no sounds when moving or firing, inexplicably. It was usually the shotgunner or the rogue AI agents with their stupid scout rifles.

My heals wouldn't trigger, my guns reloading was often slower than it should have been, and sometimes pulling the trigger would just not fire the gun.

It was immensely frustrating. I have to believe it was a result of some server issues, because I've never had that much nonsense go on at an extraction before.
  • The last time I was in the Dark Zone, I went the north-most extraction point. I fired the flare and then was faced with a multiple death, hour long slog thorough no less than eight waves of mostly elite enemies that simply spawned on to the roof. Often times the killed me in one shot because they made no sounds when moving or firing, inexplicably. It was usually the shotgunner or the rogue AI agents with their stupid scout rifles.

My heals wouldn't trigger, my guns reloading was often slower than it should have been, and sometimes pulling the trigger would just not fire the gun.

It was immensely frustrating. I have to believe it was a result of some server issues, because I've never had that much nonsense go on at an extraction before.

Oh yeah dude, northern-most DZ extractions are a real bitch without a team. Even I get ground up by those. I always head south to extract. That said, they have had a few server issues on and off lately - depending on when you played, there was an exploit people were using that involved weapon switching bug, and having thousands of people switching weapons as fast as they could, constantly, for minutes at a time was causing problems with their backend, and causing lag for just about everybody.
  • I was just shocked at the sheer number of enemy waves. The next time (days later) I went to extract, 4 purple guys showed up. The next, literally nobody.
  • Oh my god Pocket Card Jockey is too much fun. It seems so simple, and then they keep layering system on top of system.
  • Matt said:

Oh my god Pocket Card Jockey is too much fun. It seems so simple, and then they keep layering system on top of system.

It ate my whole week.
  • I put down The Division and picked up Fallout 4 back up. I kept falling though the floor during missions. It was getting to be too much to take. I'll pick it back up once they do some patching.
  • Apreche said:

Matt said:

Oh my god Pocket Card Jockey is too much fun. It seems so simple, and then they keep layering system on top of system.

It ate my whole week.
    I stayed up too late playing it for first 2 hours, then I packed my DS during X-Wing regional. We had too much downtime, and I put a few more hours in. The only thing I don't fully grasp is the shopping. It seems like a no-brainer to just buy items whenever you have money, but it feels like I am missing something. Maybe those puzzle pieces have a major effect?
  • Matt said:

Apreche said:

Matt said:

It ate my whole week.
    I stayed up too late playing it for first 2 hours, then I packed my DS during X-Wing regional. We had too much downtime, and I put a few more hours in. The only thing I don't fully grasp is the shopping. It seems like a no-brainer to just buy items whenever you have money, but it feels like I am missing something. Maybe those puzzle pieces have a major effect?
    At some point the prices on items skyrocketed, and I couldn't afford to buy things anymore. I'm not sure if that was due to buying so much, or if that just happens after your first few horses.

I've been buying only puzzle pieces, hoping they have a huge effect. I have a lot, but no complete puzzles yet.
  • 7 wins out of 17 wins for my latest horsie. Feelin' good about that one. Now to raise another winner and test out horse sex mode. Which is different than "mature mode."
  • Matt said:

7 wins out of 17 wins for my latest horsie. Feelin' good about that one. Now to raise another winner and test out horse sex mode. Which is different than "mature mode."

I started horse sex mode after my second horse.
  • edited May 2016
    Apreche said:

I started horse sex mode after my second horse.

I have nothing to add just really wanted to quote Scott's love of horse sex.

Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I've run through 4 horses so far. Number four was the first one that I felt was a badass. Maybe I'll just go ahead and breed her with a loser.

• I have nothing to add just really wanted to quote Scott's love of horse sex.

A regular Masamune Shirou.