This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Boo alert for Scott: http://amzn.to/21kGyvx
  • Matt said:

Boo alert for Scott: http://amzn.to/21kGyvx

I think I'm good.
  • That Boo is pretty dope though.
  • MATATAT said:

That Boo is pretty dope though.

I like Boo. It's dope. Why spend even $1 on a useless piece of plastic that will just take up space in my apartment? I have enough worthless pieces of plastic already.
  • I go with the small/tasteful display of a few selected nerd plastic items. When I see something new and shiny that I want, I rotate something old out, usually to give away/sell/throw out.
  • Anyone want the useless plastic from my closet?
  • Apreche said:

Anyone want the useless plastic from my closet?

What sorts of plastic?
  • Dildos.
  • Gundam fleshlight.
  • Apreche said:

Anyone want the useless plastic from my closet?

maybe?
  • Gundam fleshlight.

Which gundam?
    I'm kidding. I've never watched Gundam in my life.
  • I'll get all my useless plastic together and make a video. Just gotta finish this other video first.
  • Cities Skylines is like digital crack. I decided to start playing at around 10pm for about an hour or so, just to wind down before bed. When I looked at the clock, it was 3am.
  • Finally finished 999 with the sad ending needed for the true ending. Apparently this game is coming to Steam now at some point.
  • Persona 4 Golden, is my go to sleep game, whenever I am not reading before I go to sleep.
    So far is awesome, and it will make your commute go in a blink of an eye is you work and live in a city. If you find a PS Vita for 40 bucks or less, I will recommend picking it up.
  • I've been working hard on my Alpha Sapphire Pokédex in anticipation of Sun and Moon. Currently on 669/721

Just need to stock up on evolution stones, the last mythicals/ legendaries, and item traded evolutions.

Taking a break from FPSs and Smash.
  • Rhythm Heaven Megamix is a little gem on 3DS. It's a repackaging of many Rhythm heaven levels I've already played, but also some new ones, as well as ones from the Japan-only GBA game, so it's a nice mix. Love that series.
  • Got around to giving Tokyo Mirage Sessions some time. It's pretty good so far. Persona with Fire Emblem, J-pop, and magical girls. The FE stuff is a bit tacked on but it's still kinda neat.
  • MATATAT said:

Got around to giving Tokyo Mirage Sessions some time. It's pretty good so far. Persona with Fire Emblem, J-pop, and magical girls. The FE stuff is a bit tacked on but it's still kinda neat.

I kind of like the music, the character designs are decent. I am just about to get to the second dungeon, and finished my first session of Idol training. I can't complain, I just hope the story is well written, and that we get at least some more animation scenes.
  • Rebel Galaxy: one of the free games this month on PS4. One part Freelancer, one part Firefly. You play as an unseen protagonist who's aunt left you a ship, some cash, and an unusual artifact. The gameplay is x/y axis flight in space in larger ships like frigates, Corvettes, capital ships, etc.

Shooting is a mix of aiming, locking on, and switching to guns that best suit the enemy you're fighting.

While it's fun to fly around opened space seeking out space dollars, cargo, and clues to your aunt's disappearance, the have has a lot of essence of Firefly. An interesting cast of human and alien characters have significant dialogue, and there a lot of Space-Cowboy flavor. The music is fantastic and right out of Firefly/Cowboy Bebop.

Free is a good price, but spending $10-15 would be reasonable.
  • Looking forward to the new Deus Ex, it's getting pretty solid reviews. Nothing amazing, but people are saying its great. Which is good news because I'm in the mood for some new Deus Ex. Also Deus Ex Go looks interesting. I've like the previous Go games.

Playing some No Man's Sky, some Dead by Daylight, and some Overcooked. If someone want a new party game. Get Overcooked and don't ask questions. It's great. And always playing a few rounds of Overwatch when I get a chance.
  • That Deus Ex clock is ringing faintly for me. A month ago, I was sort of considering replaying Human Revolution.
  • Spent some flight time playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (obtained a while back in a 3DS Humble Bundle). It's a pretty decent platformer, but the characters and dialogue are hurting me a bit. It's too much of the self-aware gamer humor, and all the jiggly bits on the characters. All of those aspects break me out of the game and remind me of the existence of shitlords in gaming, which puts a damper on the fun.
  • Doom is a game that makes me smile.
  • Playing the new Deus Ex. It's pretty solid. The game itself is more of the same and they've added in an "experimental augs" feature to try and balance stuff out a bit. But I don't really use any of the offensive skills so I can just remove them.

I downloaded the Battlefield 1 online test. It's interesting, but it feels very much like the previous ones. I like the gun selection so far and it's a tad bit more arcadey (not as arcadey as battlefield 2 was on consoles). Some people seem to relate it a bit to bad company 2 but I've never played that so I dunno. The horse seems non existent as a vehicle though. The sad part is I've been having more fun with it than the Titanfall 2 weekend last week.
  • I give up on StarFox Zero. StarFox 64 is probably my favorite game of all time. It is also the only good StarFox game Nintendo has ever managed to make. Zero was so close, it has pretty good level design, you're in a ship the whole time, but they had to fuck it up by forcing you to use motion controls. It makes what should be a good game, infuriatingly difficult at points. You have to use the motion controls for the entire final boss for instance and they just don't work. That game is probably never getting touched again.
  • I give up on StarFox Zero. StarFox 64 is probably my favorite game of all time. It is also the only good StarFox game Nintendo has ever managed to make. Zero was so close, it has pretty good level design, you're in a ship the whole time, but they had to fuck it up by forcing you to use motion controls. It makes what should be a good game, infuriatingly difficult at points. You have to use the motion controls for the entire final boss for instance and they just don't work. That game is probably never getting touched again.

That is a damn shame. I love the hell out of Starfox64 and I kinda always wondered why they didn't just make more of them. It's a pretty simple formula. I don't wanna be fox running around with a stick, I just wanna fly an arwing and kill andross, hell killing andross is optional, just wanna fly aorund and shoot stuff, I'll take being a tank or submarine every now and then as well. Why wasn't there a sequal on the N64, and 2 more on the gamecube? Before they even had the chance to screw it up with motion controls?
  • Naoza said:

Why wasn't there a sequal on the N64, and 2 more on the gamecube?

There WERE two StarFox games on the GameCube. Adventures (which is dog shit) and Assault (which is more of an actual StarFox game).
  • Daikun said:

Naoza said:

Why wasn't there a sequal on the N64, and 2 more on the gamecube?

There WERE two StarFox games on the GameCube. Adventures (which is dog shit) and Assault (which is more of an actual StarFox game).
    Don't even get me started on Adventures. Assault is closer but the on foot levels are complete garbage.
  • Luckily, I got to play Starfox Zero completely in co-op, so one person dealt with the motion controls, and the other person dealt with the piloting. Made the experience INFINITELY better for the both of us.