This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

On Monday Stardew Valley is going to gets its super update that will include co-op support.

Anyone want to start a co-op farm with me?

Ugh. My co-workers play this. Co-op might be the hook to get me started.
    I will be the farmer to your rune factory miner/warrior.
    Never having played, I will likely disappoint you with my lack of skill/knowledge.
    That is why I said you would become a miner and collect the stuff I can then craft, aka baby mode. Once you know the way of the sword I will give you more difficult tasks.
    This is sounding a lot like you want me to turn the crank on your candybox.
    In all seriousness, even if you know nothing of the game there are easy tasks to do it, plus it gives you a "beginner's" quests to help you get acclimated to the game.

Sure I would go with the advance tech from the start but I need the basic resources to still do it. So whole you are figuring stuff out I can have you to go on the basic stuff.

Also it's a Harvest Moon clone, not a 4x game, you will get the hang of it after 20 minutes.
  • Apsup said:

Think it as unpaid internship. You do other person's manual labor for them for no pay and vague promises of better deal in future.

I would be willing to do this if the co-op allows for more than two people. If we can get the entire forum to all work one farm, that could be pretty great.
  • Apreche said:

Apsup said:

Think it as unpaid internship. You do other person's manual labor for them for no pay and vague promises of better deal in future.

I would be willing to do this if the co-op allows for more than two people. If we can get the entire forum to all work one farm, that could be pretty great.
    I would be on board with this, the demo only shows two people from beta builds but the dev has not let any of the details out for what is in it.
  • I do own this, as my wife purchased it on our HTPC (I don't think she's ever launched it though). Maybe we will give it a shot this weekend.
  • I've played a couple hours but I'll restart for some co-op
  • Apreche said:

Apsup said:

There is a danger there. Which one of us will burn it down?
  • I'm down to playing some Stardew Valley. I stopped playing my solo game when I got to my first fall season. I really liked going to village bathhouse and going in for a soak. Wish the game would allow me to buy a beer after the bath. A co-op FRC farm should be fun.
  • Minor update: official multiplayer in 2017 and not Monday, but other game changing stuff will be on Monday.
  • I bought Dragon Quest VII, and Jesus Christ it's a slow start. I eventually looked it up and apparently it's 6+ hours of walking around and talking to people before the first fight.
  • Ikatono said:

I bought Dragon Quest VII, and Jesus Christ it's a slow start. I eventually looked it up and apparently it's 6+ hours of walking around and talking to people before the first fight.

... and that's cut in half from the original PSOne release.
  • In DQ7 it was only 3 hours for me, in the PSOne version it was closer to 6 hours. It is a slow game though, I'm blasting through it and at 20 hours in I *just* got to the job system.
  • edited October 2016
    Kerbal Space Program is shutting it down. I haven't fired up that game in a long time, did they make much progress on filling it out? Or just a rocket explosion simulator still?

Edit: wow, this seems outrageous: $2,400 ANNUAL SALARY. Apparently one of the devs is saying it, so I tend to believe it, but holy cow...
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • Anyone like Sonic games but not Generations? If so why? I'm baffled that this game wasn't better received.
  • edited October 2016
    Sonic Generations was pretty well received. It is widely regarded as the non-shit Sonic game, relative to the shit mountain of modern history.

Blew through Steamworld Dig. It was a good Dig-Dug meets Metroid game, saved by the fact it was done in <4hrs. It was on the verge of overstaying its welcome but it ended before the novelty wore off.

Playing Kirby Triple Delux on 3DS now and I can't tell if I like it. It is a decent Kirby-style game, but 1) It is no fucking Kirby's Epic Yarn (amazing), and 2) I really don't feel like playing another platforming game with zero skill challenge. Not really worth the time, so will be moving on to something else.

Most of my game time has been 3DS lately, but I've got a backlog on the Vive waiting for me to sink into VR, as well as Shenzhen I/O on my laptop.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • I've been on a bit of a Blizzard tear lately. On top of regularly playing Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch (the former much more than the latter), I've also been going through the original Starcraft campaigns. I played Starcraft a lot back in college with friends but never actually did the campaign stuff, so it's cool to revisit it after such a long time.

I also jumped into WoW for the first time ever last night. That might have been a bad idea.
  • In 10 hrs into FFXV, it is amazing! Having a blast with the gameplay, and the road trip is something to behold.
  • I beat DOOM (2016) despite it being very crashy.
  • Apreche said:

I beat DOOM (2016) despite it being very crashy.

Get all the secrets?
  • Apreche said:

I've had no problems with crashing whatsoever, but it apparently hasn't been an uncommon problem, a lot of people are having problems with it crashing to desktop. Seems to be hardware agnostic, too, not just one set of hardware or drivers causing it. Current theory is that it's possibly the denuvo DRM, which hasn't always been the most reliable or trouble-free solution - after all, it's part of the reason Just Cause 3 ran like garbage even on extremely powerful machines.
  • Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Get all the secrets?
    I got a lot of secrets. Whichever ones I happened to come across. Definitely not ALL of them.
  • Churba said:

Apreche said:

I've had no problems with crashing whatsoever, but it apparently hasn't been an uncommon problem, a lot of people are having problems with it crashing to desktop. Seems to be hardware agnostic, too, not just one set of hardware or drivers causing it. Current theory is that it's possibly the denuvo DRM, which hasn't always been the most reliable or trouble-free solution - after all, it's part of the reason Just Cause 3 ran like garbage even on extremely powerful machines.
    I can't remember if it was Just Cause or DOOM (I think it was Just Cause) but I believe I saw it updated recently moving away from Denuvo.
  • edited November 2016
    MATATAT said:

I can't remember if it was Just Cause or DOOM (I think it was Just Cause) but I believe I saw it updated recently moving away from Denuvo.

Really? I can't find anything right now, the only game I could find that had moved off Denuvo was Anno 2205. But I didn't look very hard, admittedly, I might be wrong. I know it's been bypassed on a few games, too, and it's somewhat falling out of favor for the performance problems it's been causing.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2016
    Denuvo has been very difficult to crack compared to other solutions, and is constantly updated. Depending on the implementation, it can take months to get bypassed. Some people have given up entirely on bypassing it for certain games.

There may have been workarounds found since I checked on this half a year ago but it's actually quite impressive.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • edited November 2016
    Yeah, there's some, but it either doesn't always work, or folk just can't be arsed for some games since it only seems to be big titles. The Cracked list is: Fifa 15, Lords of the fallen, Dragon Age Inquisition, Battlefield Hardline, Batman Arkham Knight, Mad Max, MGSV, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Doom, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, God Eater Ressurection, Pro Evo soccer '17, and the one that doesn't fit the "Popular enough to crack" pattern, Yesterday Origins, a game I'd never heard of before now.

Apparently, there's not yet an actual, proper crack(disable/remove), only bypasses at this time - the main two, volksi and CPY, work by either tricking the game into communicating with the official servers or by emulating server contact and sending the all-clear signal, respectively. The former has reportedly mostly been patched out, the latter apparently works on all games, but takes some time to implement per title, and only one group knows how to do it at this time.

Edit - I'm also led to believe that most of the cases where games with it run incredibly poorly(JC3, for example, running like dogshit even on systems that exceeded recommended spec, and Deus Ex had some severe problems as well) was due to improperly implemented Denuvo, whereas games with a properly done implementation(Doom, Rise of the Tomb Raider, DA:I, Mirror's edge) don't have much of a performance impact.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Apreche said:

Doom guy is best guy.
    Also respect if you beat it in hard difficulty, I had hard enough time on normal :no_mouth:
  • Just got Tauros in Pokemon. Playing a ton of Hearthstone because of the new expansion. And then Mario Maker 3DS shows up at my door. I don't have time for all this right now. Spread that shit out!
  • I've heard some troubling things about Mario maker 3ds
  • MATATAT said:

I've heard some troubling things about Mario maker 3ds

Like what? It makes marios.
  • Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

I heard that it is really good and 1:1 with the Wii U version. The Challenge levels are legit good and will keep you playing, home brew is working on allowing you to get levels online.
  • Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

I heard that it is really good and 1:1 with the Wii U version. The Challenge levels are legit good and will keep you playing, home brew is working on allowing you to get levels online.
    Slowdown, lack of charming sound effects, weird portablility (probably won't affect most), no search for online, lack of levels for 100 Mario run (maybe due to licensing rights), and a couple others I can't think of right now. Some of this was known before so it might not be as concerning. But performance sounds like it might not be so great in more busy levels.