This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Try a better Need for Speed, like Hot Pursuit.
    Or high stakes, or whatever they called NFS 5.
    High stakes was 4, coming right after Hot Pursuit, 5 was Porsche Unleashed. It's pretty awesome, agreed.
  • I forgot about Porsche Unleashed, that one rocked! I think it was the game that got me into more realistic racing sims.

There was also one more good NFS, 6. I think they called it hot pursuit 2. Then the undergrounds started and I lost interest in NFS.

On a racing game note, FORZA 3 DEMO!!!!
  • Now that I've made it pretty far in "No More Heroes" I've started to play "Redsteel". I got both of them a while back in a two pack for $30.
  • I am currently playing "Drink the Beer." Guess who has the high score?!?! ^_^

Also, this delicious game of "Cat and Mouse" with your mother. She's very good at it.
  • Just finished playing MGS4. That series is really a guilty pleasure for me. Yeah, it's poorly written and hammy as fuck, but it's still fun. Not sure what PS3 game I want to jump into next... I have so many queued up.
  • There was also one more good NFS, 6. I think they called it Hot Pursuit 2. Then the undergrounds started and I lost interest in NFS.
    Hey there me! HP2 is awesome, agreed. I had grabbed a few skins/mods for epic. Malboro sponsored yellow F50 with everything going BLUR at high speeds, man that felt so good.

Also, EA Games appears to be returning to awesome with the latest, NFS Shift.
  • Also finished Hotel Dusk over the weekend. Started up Red Faction: Guerrilla on PS3 (which is really fun so far), and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on DS (also fun so far).
  • It's totally video game season right now.

Bowser's Inside Story, Shadow Complex, and Castle Crashers are all in the house.
  • edited September 2009
    Just finished Diabolical Box, however I have a few more bonus puzzles to figure out.

I honestly don't feel like finishing Starfy. I'm just not feeling it. I might go back to Scribblenauts to check out the rest of the game.
    Bowser's Inside Story
    I want to pick this up, however I recently picked up Partners in Time and haven't started that yet. I might just play Bowser's Story first instead of Partners in time.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I want to pick this up, however I recently picked up Partners in Time and haven't started that yet. I might just play Bowser's Story first instead of Partners in time.
    You can definitely just skip over Partners in Time. It's not that it's terrible, it's more that it wasn't nearly as good as Super Star Saga or how Bowser's Inside Story sounds.
  • You can definitely just skip over Partners in Time. It's not that it's terrible, it's more that it wasn't nearly as good as Super Star Saga or how Bowser's Inside Story sounds.
    It's true. Partners in Time is the worst in the series. Then again, the series is so good, that's sort of like saying it's the least shiny gold.

Also, I consider all the Mario RPGs to be in the same series. That includes the original RPG for the SNES, all three Paper Mario games, and the three portables Mario + Luigi games.
  • I recently picked up Drawn to Life and it is trash, minus the novelty of drawing penises on everything. But I think we talked about that, like, a year and a half ago. It won't last. Otherwise, I've been playing the shit out of TF2.

I recently went back and listened to the Geeknights about the later, and I think you guys are wrong. Dead wrong. Rym went on a tangent about how nothing can defeat a total defense strategy. That is in no way true, thanks to ubering, spies, and demomen. I've been having a great time in 2Fort finding ways around seemingly unstoppable obstacles.
  • edited September 2009
    Myself and another halfway competent engineer with a couple of other team members can pretty easily stop an uberdemo. The trick is spacing turrets far enough apart so that the ubercharge doesn't last long enough.

Realistically, winning comes down to who can herd cats best.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Dwarf Fortress D:

• I recently went back and listened to the Geeknights about the later, and I think you guys are wrong. Dead wrong. Rym went on a tangent about how nothing can defeat a total defense strategy. That is in no way true, thanks to ubering, spies, and demomen. I've been having a great time in 2Fort finding ways around seemingly unstoppable obstacles.
    You are playing on a public server. Your opponents are incompetent boobs. Go take a look at some serious clan competition, and you'll see what we're talking about.
  • Realistically, winning comes down to who can herd cats best.
  • You can definitely just skip over Partners in Time. It's not that it's terrible, it's more that it wasn't nearly as good as Super Star Saga or how Bowser's Inside Story sounds.
    Bowser's Inside Story easily blows both the first and second games out of the water, so it would be a let-down to play through Bowser's Inside Story first and then play Partners in Time. Not to mention a handful of references to Partners in Time would be lost, particularly one optional boss fight.
  • Sigh... To wash the taste of D&D; Online out of my mouth
    You played DDO? What the fuck is wrong with you?
  • I'm going to play some NS... right now! See you there, losers!
  • You played DDO? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    It's by far not the worst MMO we've played in the last several weeks.
  • edited September 2009
    You played DDO? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    It's by far not the worst MMO we've played in the last several weeks.
    What other MMO's could you have played? It's certainly among the worst that I've ever encountered, and I played fucking Star Wars: Galaxies.

I guess you could be playing various free-to-play Korean MMO's, but those don't even count.

EDIT: As for me, I just played the Brutal Legend demo, and I'm regretting not owning a 360 so that I can eventually play it.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Castle Crashers
    Please tell me you're playing co-op.
  • I'll pick up Professor Layton and the diabolical box once I get my new job.
  • Not to mention a handful of references to Partners in Time would be lost, particularly one optional boss fight.
    That's good data, thanks. I went ahead and started playing Partners in Time. I figure it's best since I have it already, and am pinching pennies. I'll get Bowser's story in good time.

I haven't played a Mario RPG in ages. I forget what all the stats mean. >.
  • I haven't played a Mario RPG in ages. I forget what all the stats mean. >.<</p>
    You don't have to worry about that stuff. Just practice the timing of the attacks, and you're set.
  • Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games ever, yet the only other game in the series I've played was Thousand Year Door, which I didn't really like at all. Maybe Bowser's Inside Story will be a good way to get back into the series.
  • Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games ever, yet the only other game in the series I've played was Thousand Year Door, which I didn't really like at all. Maybe Bowser's Inside Story will be a good way to get back into the series.
    Super Paper Mario is good, as is the first Mario and Luigi. The first Paper Mario is also pretty good. Partners in Time is meh.
    The original, however, if FANTASTIC. Mallow and Geno need to be in Super Smash Bros. right now.
  • I've been playing Street Fighter 4 lately, and it's super fun. In my infinite wisdom I latched onto C. Viper because I like her character design and I am now stubbornly refusing to learn to play different character. It's like The Taming of the Shrew; I have got it into my head to court a difficult, headstrong woman and now I am too full of pride and determination to back out. However, in a series of clever, rapid-fire conversations, and witty monologues full of humor and social commentary, I hope to tame her into a working and possibly somewhat misogynistic relationship.

...Yeah, it's just like that.
  • In my infinite wisdom I latched onto C. Viper because I like her character design and I am now stubbornly refusing to learn to play different character.
    I used C.Viper exclusively for the first few weeks I owned Street Fighter IV, but moved onto using Cammy when I unlocked her. C.Viper is a pretty good character, but I think I stuck with her primarily becuase of her flashy attacks. I mean seriously, she has a fire kick, a lightning punch, and a earth-shattering fist!
  • In my infinite wisdom I latched onto C. Viper because I like her character design and I am now stubbornly refusing to learn to play different character.
    I used C.Viper exclusively for the first few weeks I owned Street Fighter IV, but moved onto using Cammy when I unlocked her. C.Viper is a pretty good character, but I think I stuck with her primarily becuase of her flashy attacks. I mean seriously, she has a fire kick, a lightning punch, and a earth-shattering fist!
    Those are indeed awesome, but I still say nothing feels better than a nice, connected, hadouken/shoryuken/tatsumaki Senp? Kyaku.