This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Blogs

edited March 2009 in Everything Else
Recently on my blog (Department of Alchemy) I've been making an attempt to write more frequently about anime.

Do you guys read any anime blogs? If so, which ones do you like the most, or feel have the best handle on the medium? I've been following a few, but I'm looking for more to add to my aggregator.

Also, what do you look for in anime blogging? What kind of articles do you like to read (eg., synopsis, theory, news, reviews, fandom critique, etc.)?

Comments

• I really don't read any anime blogs. Nowadays I really don't read much Internets. BoingBoing, Engadget, and Kotaku are the only sites I read. I go to animenewsnetwork maybe once a week or so, mostly to read Anime News Nina. If I were to read an anime blog, I would want it to be just like Engadget, only about anime instead of gadgets. I'm even pretty bleh about Kotaku, but I haven't found anything to replace it.
  • I read Ogiue Maniax and Heisei Democracy. Otherwise I only check out certain blogs when I remember they exist.
  • but I haven't found anything to replace it.
    Joystiq? Recently they've split it between Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, so it's a lot easier to get what you want.
  • edited April 2009
    I don't follow any anime blogs. But when I want something more than a synopsis on a series. I will do a search and almost always, there is an anime blog that is doing episode to episode reviews on a series I'm interested in. So they are nice for that.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I don't follow any anime blogs. But when I want something more than a synopsis on a series. I will do a search and almost always there is some anime blog that is doing episode to episode reviews on a series I'm interesting in. So they are nice for that.
    I pretty much do the same thing. I also use Wikipedia and ANN extensively, so sometimes ANN will have a review on something that I'm considering watching.
  • I used to read BasuGasuBakuhatsu, but it stopped updating.