This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Playlist: Nintendo DS

edited April 2009 in Video Games
While we often complain that the DS has long periods of time where no games are coming out, it's logical that we have each missed playing a few games when times were busier. To rectify this, post games you would recommend people play in case they missed them.
I'll copy them into this post so we don't get too much repetition.

The Playlist: NDS

Osu Tatakae Ouendan 1 & 2
Elite Beat Agents
Planet Puzzle League
Animal Crossing WW
Taiko Drum Master 1 & 2
Professor Layton
Front Mission 1st
Korg 10 DS
Metal Slug 7
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
Theta

Chrono Trigger
Ace Attorney Series
Trauma Center
The World Ends With You

Zelda - Phantom Hourglass, except for that fucking temple.

Tetris DS
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Kirby Super Star Ultimate

Disgaea DS

Megaman ZX
Castlevania series

The Legendary Starfy
Cooking mama
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Retro Game Challenge
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

GTA Chinatown Wars

Clubhouse Games
Metroid Prime Pinball

Lux-Pain

Henry Hatsworth

Etrian Odyssey

Ok, post your recommendations below.

Comments

• you forgot Chrono Trigger, Ace attorney (al of them), Trauma center and The world ends with you.
  • edited April 2009
    Doesn't Osu Tatakae Ouendan 1 & 2 = Elite Beat Agents? Or am I thinking of something else?

Zelda - Phantom Hourglass was pretty decent, except for that fucking temple.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • On November 6, 2006, Nintendo released an iNiS-developed game entitled Elite Beat Agents to the North American market. This game features the same game play as Ouendan, but with a different song list geared towards western audiences. The scenarios in the game have also been tailored towards a western audience. Several general game play changes were made as well.
  • Retro Game Challenge
  • Some games I keep coming back to:
    Tetris DS
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2
    Kirby Super Star Ultimate
  • Disgaea DS and Layton.
  • Megaman ZX Advent was pretty good, and the Castlevania games should probably be up there.
    Man, I really want a new portable Metroid.
  • The Legendary Starfy, cooking mama, Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride, Retro Game Challenge, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and perhaps KORG DS-10 Synthesizer?
  • I finished GTA Chinatown Wars and really, really liked it.
  • Clubhouse Games and Metroid Prime Pinball, although not the deepest games, have some crazy-fun multiplayer modes. Also, you can get Metroid for less than $10.
  • Lux-Pain. Maybe it is the Otaku in me, but (high school + emoey telepaths + freaky suicide plot = fun)

Did I mention the Chinese cosplay girl in it? Freaky Shit
  • edited April 2009
    I've just added the puzzle game Theta, it takes that child's game where beads go from rotating circle to rotating circle.. and then, slowly but surely, rapes your brain with it. It's kinda hard to find so, here's a link.

I've just booted it up again, this is the first time I've used the rumble with it.. It just uses it as a feedback when you spin the disks, I'm surprised more touch based games haven't tried something similar.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • and even though this game gets alot of hate, I loved playing Metroid Prime: Hunters.
  • I've been playing Henry Hatsworth in The Puzzling Adventure all day, and it's one of the most fun and innovative platformers I've played in a long time.
  • Etrian Odyssey is grindy and hard, but I love the cartography too much to not recommend it to folks. If you can find it, that is.
  • edited April 2009
    I really don't think Henry Hatsworth is all that great. It's a not very good platformer crossed with a less enjoyable version of Planet Puzzle League.
    Post edited by Omnutia on