This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your Video Game Mount Rushmore

edited April 2009 in Video Games
Who would you put on your Video Game Mount Rushmore?

My picks: Mario, Gordon Freeman, Sonic, Pac-Man. Thoughts?

Comments

• Pikachu, Mario, an L-block, and a Space Invader.
  • Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo
  • edited April 2009
    Link, Mario, Sonic, Samus, and a Chocobo or Moogle.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • an L-block
    Oh, that's a good one.
  • Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde.
  • Taizo Hori (Dig Dug)
    Black Mage
    Rock from Soul Calibur (just because of the Triceratops helmet)
    Carrier Pilot from Starcraft
  • Aeris, Chun-Li, Princess Peach and Ms Pac Man
  • Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde.
    Aw, ya beat meh.
  • Guybrush Threepwood, Tommy Vercetti, Crash Bandicoot, and Razputin (PsychoNauts).
  • Tommy Vercetti
    As much as I hate GTA, I admit that it made the whole non-linear story/sandbox thing popular, and that is significant.
    an L-block
    Bah! I shoulda thought of that.
  • edited April 2009
    This is a good idea! Mine aren't clever or anything, but I guess Mario, Ryu, Mega Man, and the Vault Dweller (Fallout). My girlfriend said Mario, Yoshi, Chun Li and Mega Man.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • mine would have to be: Mario, Jill Valentine, Gordon Freeman, Ryu
  • Kotaku has some interesting thoughts on this. They went with analogs to our presidents.
    Pac-Man as George Washington: Washington was the father of the country. Pac-Man was the progenitor of video gaming.

Gordon Freeman as Thomas Jefferson: Jefferson is on Rushmore for representing the principles of U.S. democracy. Freeman as a symbol of Half-Life 2 and Valve, likewise represents a broad set of bedrock principles for good games - good story, strong level design, memorable characters, multiplayer (on PC anyway), multi-platform, long replay value, among many others.

Master Chief as Teddy Roosevelt: Roosevelt, the progressive, also is the most recent of the four faces. So is Master Chief, whose game likewise represents progress into a new era of gaming.

Mario as Abraham Lincoln: Lincoln saved the Republic. Mario, through Super Mario Bros. and the Nintendo Entertainment System, saved console gaming.
    I'm not so sure about Master Chief. I think we could find something better for that spot. If we REALLY want to be hardcore, we could replace Pac-Man with Pong...
  • Evil Otto, Pitfall Pete, Jump Man, Sinistar
  • edited April 2009
    I'm not so sure about Master Chief. I think we could find something better for that spot. If we REALLY want to be hardcore, we could replace Pac-Man with Pong...
    The Halo games, whether you like them or not, have practically created a new era of gaming. They made console shooters popular again, they ushered Microsoft into the console gaming world, they popularized Xbox Live, and they broke the record for highest grossing opening day in entertainment history twice. I think Kotaku's metaphor works quite nicely.

Also, I don't think the Pong paddles count as characters.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • A slime, a moogle, a Z block and Mario.