This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Tech Projects

2»

Comments

• My graduate capstone thesis project got signed off on last week, I'm going to be making a comic book point-and-click adventure game for it. I'm going to be making it in Flash/Action Script since that's the programming language I know best. Now for the project I'm doing everything but drawing the actual comic pages, for that I'm hiring a artist friend of mine to do the work. And in order to try and cover the costs of that I've setup a Kickstarter project to solicit donations/pledges. You can also find more information about the project there.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm not quite sure if this belongs in the tech or the art...maybe I'll put it in both. Theoretically I finished my little piece of tech couture (in that I presented it yesterday and will be showing it this weekend http://itp.nyu.edu/shows/spring2010/). At the very least it amuses me:

Thanks to people who gave input on LED colors.

All my documentation is on my blog: http://itpblog.efuller.net/tag/game-of-life/

Funny, it's one of the few times I have gotten out to Brooklyn.
    Post edited by ladyobsolete on
  • My technical project.
  • My technical project.
    Install electronic horn with the voice of KITT and a cylon eye, before you do ANYTHING ELSE.
  • Wrong F-body.
  • Wrong F-body.
    I don't see the problem with that.
  • edited May 2010
    Wrong F-body.
    I don't see the problem with that.
    Is that really a Firebird? It looks a lot like a Camaro...
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Is that really a Firebird? It looks a lot like a Camaro...
    I don't know, I was making the suggestion because it would be cool, not as a straight up replica.
    It is a Camaro. Hence, "wrong F-Body," as the Firebird was the other car built on the F-Body platform.
    It is a Camaro. Hence, "wrong F-Body," as the Firebird was the other car built on the F-Body platform.
    Haha, I thought you meant "Wrong Fucking Body".
  • Curses, I have revealed my utter nerdiness with regard to my cars!
  • Curses, I have revealed my utter nerdiness with regard to my cars!
    You are in good company.
  • I made a multi touch table about a month ago. I made it with a cardboard box, picture frame and a web cam. the web cam ended up being broken so i have to find or buy a new one. I have yet to get it completely working.
  • In the interest of having more skills that will be marketable should I decide to go job-hunting I have dusted off my copies of Eclipse and Visual Studio and am setting forth on learning to work with Java and C#. It's been years since I did any programming (or even shell scripting) beyond a simple batch file, so I have a feeling I'm going to be playing more than a bit of catch-up. That being said, I'm anticipating the creation of a few apps that could be useful in the process of this project.

In addition, I'm getting the itch to build a MAME cabinet again. I've successfully fought it off the last three years running, but now that I have a garage where I can store the half-assembled cabinet while I'm working on it the urge to build just might win.
  • Old-school tech: I'm refinishing a coffee table to serve as a game table, coffee table, and idea board. I'm finishing the upper tabletop with chalkboard paint, so you can write all over it (keep track of scores, sketch blueprints, leave books on it), and varnishing the bottom. Should be great fun.
  • I had a MythTV setup for 3 years until analog cable went away, making my capture card mostly useless. I cut the cable and switched to Boxee. One year of Boxee and no regrets!

Still waiting to hear a price point for the Boxee Box, which is supposed to be out in October/November 2010.
  • edited May 2011
    [FUKATTSU!] I'm planning on making an itasha-keyboard like the one seen in this video and I've picked this picture from Mirror's Edge though I may change it if any other PC game springs to mind.

I was able to find the exact sticker stuff this guy uses but first I'm going to try using normal adhesive vinyl on an old keyboard to see how it works. If it goes well, I'd like to get a Razer Artosa as my current Logitech K350 isn't cutting it due to ghosting issues.

Simple, bold and very wide if the bottom comes off. Anime characters might also work.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Ripping my rather small collection of dvds, finally. Disk is cheap.