This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Starcraft 2

Comments

• So the "Blizzard Downloader" is just bittorrent, and they don't even try to hide it. Why don't they just link a torrent file?
  • What the fuck.

I was using the void ray rush, and the Terran opponent had six thors and fifty-something marines by the time I had five VRs and a Carrier.
  • @ Windupbird
    Sorry mate that is not a rush. Carriers take forever to build and he probably spent all his gas on thors.
  • Ok, so wtf. I didn't know the forums delete whispers. I cannot see any of the previous whispers I got requesting codes. Please whisper me again. I already distributed codes for thoses whose names I remembered but I know I'm missing some people!
  • I didn't know the forums delete whispers.
    It doesn't...? I just checked and I still can find whispers from all the way back when I first joined.
  • People have whispered me in this thread and I cannot see them. I checked all 3 pages. wth? Scoooooooooooooooooooott!
  • I am getting so owned all the time. In the grim darkness of the 21st Century, there is only STARCRAFT.
  • @Tech - I replied to your email. Cookie cutter answer but it gives enough info.
  • Oh mans. 3rax rine rushing is SO awesome.
  • 13 Gas 12 Pool to Banelings is fucking KILLER. Terran don't stand a chance, and you can even stop reaper harassment with a queen between the pool and Baneling nest.
  • @ Dromaro - No worries - I figured that the system would probably generate a form email when dealing with issues like that. Many thanks for getting that cleared up for me!
  • Man, all the skillz chatter in this thread is making me feel inadequate. I have not Starcraft'd in a few years and I am just playing the campaign to get reacquainted. I would get my ass handed to me on a chitinous zerg-carapace platter if I tried playing online right now. All the new units are confusing my old skills and... dang. I love it but it's gonna take me a little time to rev up.

All the same, I know for damn sure that Reapers are the muhfuggin' bomb. Ungh, yeah. Those anti-structure charges are murderous.
  • Just got SC2 box in the mail. Waste of cardboard. Anyone want the pad of paper, the guest keys or the WoW trial keys?
  • Just got SC2 box in the mail. Waste of cardboard. Anyone want the pad of paper, the guest keys or the WoW trial keys?
    Why didn't you get the digital download?
  • edited July 2010
    As opposed to the analog download?

Starcraft FM.. may exist in Korea..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • As opposed to the analog download?

Starcraft FM.. may exist in Korea..
    It doesn't. They need more minerals to convert Seoul into an orbital command.
  • Just got mine in the mail. My email is staton.allen at gmail.com play with me or I can teach.
  • Why didn't you get the digital download?
    I pre-ordered it on Amazon in order to get a beta key.
  • Random thought - anyone think Swann looks like a space-faring version of the standard Blizzard Dwarf?
  • edited July 2010
    SCII Dota is already happening. Pretty cool if you ask me. It's going to take a long time to be anything like WC3 Dota, there are too many characters do develop.
    Post edited by sucrilhos on
  • SCII Dota is already happening. Pretty cool if you ask me. It's going to take a long time to be anything like WC3 Dota, there are too many characters do develop.
    I don't want to say I will do this, because it will probably become shit talk. However, I had an idea that I would like to see.

DotA, and games like it, are not so great IMHO. However, I think we can make them significantly better if we do one thing. There should be three players who control heroes, DotA style. Then there should be one person who is actually playing RTS-style. That person can construct buildings, control the mobs, etc. I think it will make the game a hell of a lot more interesting if there's a commander. It's like NS + DotA. I see no reason it can't be done as a SC2 mod.
  • edited July 2010
    SCII Dota is already happening. Pretty cool if you ask me. It's going to take a long time to be anything like WC3 Dota, there are too many characters do develop.
    I don't want to say I will do this, because it will probably become shit talk. However, I had an idea that I would like to see.

DotA, and games like it, are not so great IMHO. However, I think we can make them significantly better if we do one thing. There should be three players who control heroes, DotA style. Then there should be one person who is actually playing RTS-style. That person can construct buildings, control the mobs, etc. I think it will make the game a hell of a lot more interesting if there's a commander. It's like NS + DotA. I see no reason it can't be done as a SC2 mod.
    I'd play that. I'd play that forever. Imagine playing as a ghost and having to relay back to command that you need nukes, backup, a medivac, etc.

That shit would be off the chain. I would gladly learn the Starcraft mod tools to make something that fucking awesome.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Steam should just integrate a VPN app so you can play old multiplayer games like SC1.
  • Steam should just integrate a VPN app so you can play old multiplayer games like SC1.
    And then stop buying new games?
  • I would gladly learn the Starcraft mod tools to make something that fucking awesome.
    Go for it.
    Steam should just integrate a VPN app so you can play old multiplayer games like SC1.
    Genius.
    And then stop buying new games?
    No. Because someone who plays games through Steam is constantly berated by ads for new games. A VPN would just serve as one more tool to draw in eyeballs.

After thinking about it, I also wish there was a one-touch way to broadcast to your friends list that you are looking for someone to play X game. Do you know how many rounds of L4D I've spent messaging people looking for one more party member?

• After thinking about it, I also wish there was a one-touch way to broadcast to your friends list that you are looking for someone to play X game. Do you know how many rounds of L4D I've spent messaging people looking for one more party member?
    LFG functionality on a wide scale would be a killer app on Steam.
  • LFG functionality on a wide scale would be a killer app on Steam.
    Yeah, they could make it a little easier to get a party together besides launching a game and then inviting everyone on your list.
  • LFG functionality on a wide scale would be a killer app on Steam.
    Yea, Why the fuck haven't they done this yet....