This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Costa Rica!

2»

Comments

• Hey, I don't want to sound alarmist but don't get too close to migratory birds, pigs or sick people. And enjoy your holiday :D
  • Pura vida! I am in Costa Rica using stolen restaurant internet right now. We saw a boa in the road and there was a scorpion on the shades of our cabin at Aunt Martha's, but when we went to go put him outside we discovered he was a dead scorpion, or maybe one that shed it's skin. I'm not sure, do scorpions shed their skins? Anyway, we have seen lots of crawly things and adorable fuzzy things and bold chirpy things and blue morpho butterflies. Not really the place to go if you are bothered by insects, bats, or snakes. Great country, so far though. Friendly people and Cloud Forest FTW.
    Scorpions do shed their exoskeleton or Moult. Make sure you shake out your cloths and shoes before you put them on, the little buggers are bad about getting into places like that. I was in deployed to Honduras in the early 90's to "civic action" projects, and found them in my boots a few times. They are sneaky little bastards :)
  • Believe me, I am used to shaking out the bed clothes and checking my boots. I've made a habit of it since I found a large centipede in my sock I had hung out to dry a few years ago.

Re: Scorpions: We found two more in the room last night. One was hanging on the ceiling above the bed, and the other was under the table. He was about as big as my middle finger! Rym put them in a basket and a glass and threw them out the window, onto the porch where there were many other scorpions.

Coming home tomorrow.
  • He was about as big as my middle finger!
    How big is your middle finger?

I wonder what the other scorpions had to say to their freshly evicted mates?
  • edited April 2009
    "One day we will rise up and overthrow the humans then force them to make cosy footwear for us to live in.."
    "Shut up, Clyde."
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • "One day we will rise up and overthrow the humans then force them to make cosy footwear for us to live in.."
    "Shut up, Clyde."
    haha. That was cute.

@Gomidog: You're home just in time for a gamelab liquidation sale. You saw what was there. It's during work hours but they need to sell everything. Not sure about my ex-bosses Manga.
  • @Gomidog: You're home just in time for a gamelab liquidation sale. You saw what was there. It's during work hours but they need to sell everything. Not sure about my ex-bosses Manga.
    Liquidating, really? I thought they were doing well.
  • @Gomidog: You're home just in time for a gamelab liquidation sale. You saw what was there. It's during work hours but they need to sell everything. Not sure about my ex-bosses Manga.
    Liquidating, really? I thought they were doing well.
    It's old news but they had some problems. I moved on before things happened.
  • It's old news but they had some problems. I moved on before things happened.
    Smooth. Why do I remember hearing a good news about them recently? It must have been someone else.
  • edited April 2009
    It's a shame we aren't going to get an Unemployed Mankoon 24hr awesome drawing channel of awesome.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited April 2009
    Well, they(under a different name) released this BETA (takes a while to load). It's an educational game design tool for kids. It's being used in schools and is pretty awesome. If it received funding things would have been better but the economy isn't helping.
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • Hey, where are you in Costa Rica?
    I spent 6 weeks there over the summer in the small community of Berlin (yes in Costa Rica) near San Isidro. Hope you have as much fun as I did!
  • Did you guys get to hang out with any monkeys?
  • Believe me, I am used to shaking out the bed clothes and checking my boots. I've made a habit of it since I found a large centipede in my sock I had hung out to dry a few years ago.
    Oh yea, I had forgotten about those damm centipedes.
  • Oh man, Costa Rica sounds awesome.
  • edited April 2009
    We saw a Howler Monkey but he was far away.
    Hey, where are you in Costa Rica?
    Monteverde and near Liberia. The North.

@Mankoon! Dangit! I missed the sale! Think they would sell me the left-overs?
    Post edited by gomidog on